MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion

MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion (https://my350z.com/forum/)
-   Maintenance & Repair (https://my350z.com/forum/maintenance-and-repair-53/)
-   -   Creaking noise in rear (https://my350z.com/forum/maintenance-and-repair/104553-creaking-noise-in-rear.html)

Satchel 12-31-2004 02:44 PM

Creaking noise in rear

Anyone else having this problem? It's coming from the interior near or in the sway bar I think.

aws6000 12-31-2004 07:05 PM

Mine started a month or two back. Not sure what it is, but seems to be coming from the left hand side (driver's side). Has the source of this noise been tracked down? Anyone?

jc149 01-02-2005 07:21 AM

Re: Creaking noise in rear

Originally posted by Satchel
Anyone else having this problem? It's coming from the interior near or in the sway bar I think.

jc149 01-02-2005 07:24 AM

I have a click or pop from the rear usually when the chassis is subjected to a twisting force. I think I have it isolated to rear roof cross member joint, possibly at bolts, four on each side. Next time I have the headliner off, I plan to try locktight on the bolts.

Donkeypuncher 01-04-2005 05:00 AM

I had creaking in the right rear. I took it in at the same time as my tranny. Turned out to be something wrong with the bolts in the axle which is also getting replaced under warranty.

Donkeypuncher 01-04-2005 06:11 PM

Originally posted by Donkeypuncher
I had creaking in the right rear. I took it in at the same time as my tranny. Turned out to be something wrong with the bolts in the axle which is also getting replaced under warranty.

Sorry, it was something with the axle joints.

mrdoubleb 01-06-2005 02:54 AM

i have it also they told me its something in the roof or something. i dont exactly but it is under warranty so gonna take it in someday soon

rudypanama 01-10-2005 04:36 AM

I had the same problem took it in they said it was the sway bar, two days later the sound is back.

samlb 01-10-2005 07:35 AM

Re: Creaking noise in rear

Here is added twist. I have the problem. I only hear it when running wider-than-stock wheels/tires. It disappeared when I replaced wider wheels/tires with OEM wheels/tires. The noise returned when I put the the wide wheels/tires back on.

Originally posted by Satchel

mrdoubleb 01-10-2005 01:29 PM

Re: Re: Creaking noise in rear

Originally posted by samlb
Here is added twist. I have the problem. I only hear it when running wider-than-stock wheels/tires. It disappeared when I replaced wider wheels/tires with OEM wheels/tires. The noise returned when I put the the wide wheels/tires back on.
stock wheels here so that not it

breakerboy 01-14-2005 03:34 PM

i have the same problem, taking it on monday, coming from the rear right near the strut bar

ADMAN 01-21-2005 06:16 PM

Just so you know, my entire rear assembly has come loose. You can move the entire thing by grabbing the wheel and pushing it back and forth. I'm going to the dealer tomorrow to have them check it out. I believe it to be a bad IRS bushing or bolt that is now missing. It's really bad under heavy acceration...