MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion

MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion (https://my350z.com/forum/)
-   Maintenance & Repair (https://my350z.com/forum/maintenance-and-repair-53/)
-   -   2003 Recall for Fuel Hoses ? (https://my350z.com/forum/maintenance-and-repair/233548-2003-recall-for-fuel-hoses.html)

XGTO 11-29-2006 05:48 AM

2003 Recall for Fuel Hoses ?

I recently purchased a 2003 touring with 7500 miles on it in new condition. I stopped by the dealer the other day to pick up some touch up paint, and had them run the Vin for service records and recalls. At 5000 miles they changed the front tires, updated the alignment and installed an update panhard bar.
They said that there is a voluntary recall on replacing the fuel tank hose’s because a possible leak in some vehicles. I checked the service bulletin on line and it shows that they have to dissemble the entire rear under the car, brakes , suspension etc. Personally I’m don’t feel comfortable with them taking all this stuff apart . Is this necessary or is this just a profit deal for the dealer to get money from Nissan. The recall is not an NHTSA recall. Has anyone on this forum had this done ?
Thanks

goranglobarevic 11-29-2006 05:53 AM

i got mine done.... never seemed to be a problem before... isn't now either.... but they did **** something up, when they finished with my car they parked it out front and once i sat it , there was a loud rattle under the car....
so i was like f that.. and i didnt leave the lot till they fixed it, turns out they forgot the washers on the exhaust part... so the exhaust was rattling on the under body.... loll but like i said it's still fine...

Sleeper01 11-29-2006 05:58 AM

damn man im getting that done on Friday....now u making me scared lol...well i'll let u know when i get the car back =/

sisco534 11-29-2006 06:52 AM

I am waiting until my service dept. knows a little more and have done this several times. I dont have a leak from it so and I can wait.

Brick-Z 11-29-2006 06:58 AM

I have not had mine done and probably will not. The chances of Nissan f****g up my car are far greater than my car catching on fire.

davidv 11-29-2006 07:00 AM

Originally Posted by XGTO
Is this necessary

Beside the car and you exploding in a ball of flames I think everything else will be OK.

alrific 11-29-2006 06:54 PM

Originally Posted by XGTO
I recently purchased a 2003 touring with 7500 miles on it in new condition. I stopped by the dealer the other day to pick up some touch up paint, and had them run the Vin for service records and recalls. At 5000 miles they changed the front tires, updated the alignment and installed an update panhard bar.
They said that there is a voluntary recall on replacing the fuel tank hose’s because a possible leak in some vehicles. I checked the service bulletin on line and it shows that they have to dissemble the entire rear under the car, brakes , suspension etc. Personally I’m don’t feel comfortable with them taking all this stuff apart . Is this necessary or is this just a profit deal for the dealer to get money from Nissan. The recall is not an NHTSA recall. Has anyone on this forum had this done ?
Thanks

I've done about 6 of these recalls, its not a big deal. The entire rear suspension and final drive is fixed to a subframe and comes out as a complete unit. The tech has to pull off the tires and rotors, but brake lines stay attached. Disconnect the drive shaft and parking brake cables then remove 4 nuts that hold the subframe and thats it. Whole thing pops right out, 4 hoses get replaced, whole thing pops back in. Car doesn't even need a rear alignment. And yes all this must be removed to get at the hoses. On the down side not doing this recall can cause gas spills and a persistant check engine light.

The Mike 12-03-2006 02:41 AM

I have an 04 and I called the service tech people at a local Nissan dealership with my VIN and he told me my car wasn't on the recall list? Is that really possible? The reason I was notified about the problem was because I got a recall notice from my insurance page online. Hmmm... suggestions?