Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

Naples Nissan Tranny Issues 6mt

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2007, 02:40 PM
ryan350z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Naples Nissan Tranny Issues 6mt

Guys/Gals,

Well, I am starting this post to inform the forums about a dealer experience from SouthWest Florida that I am smack dab in the middle of. But some background first, my fiance and I own 3 nissan products 2, 2003 350z's and a 2005 Titan. I used to work for an Inifiniti dealer for 5 years and was a high ranking Infiniti Tech, I was forced into a career change due to a drunk driver hitting me one night. I have a damaged back and can not life more than 25lbs.

So We took her 2003 Redline 350z 6mt to Naples Nissan for her transmission to be repaired. Reason for the repair is 1) Trans is very notchy 2) 2nd to 3rd the trans will grind about 35% of the time 3) the trans has popped out of gear on us on the interstate while passing a dump-truck accelrating from 75 to 85 it kick out of gear. And lastly she just told me that the car jumped out of 2nd gear about a week ago on her way to work. I told the service writer about the issues.

We get a phone call about 3 hours ago about they could find nothing wrong with the car.
So I ask him did you drive it?
Yes we did sir I go did you notice the gearbox was notchy?
No sir we did not.
Ok how about this go get a 06 or 07 6mt off the lot and tell me that her car is not harder to shift.
Sir are you trying to update your car to an 07.
No I am not.
Because it sounds to me you want an 07.
If I wanted a 07 we would buy an 07.
So then I ask to speak to the tech working on the car, Tech gets on the phone I intorduce myself and so does he, I asked if he noticed the gearbox to be notchy?
He says no it is normal,
I go ok how about tring a 06 or an 07 on the lot and see if it is easier, no sir I can ot do that the car is fine.
I used the expression my car when shifting is like a hot knife through butter and her car is like using a dull knife through frozen butter.
The guy has no personaltiy and not even a chuckle. I go did you notice a 2 to 3 shift grind No the car is fine, how about did you take it on the interstate and accelrate in 5th like I told the service writer,
No sir I can not do that,
then I hear the service manager in the background yelling NO NO that is illegal I can not let that happen. Ok so now they want the service manger to talk the car home tonight I say ok drive it,

I said to the tech what am I going to have to do break the trans so you guys can find the problem? then he goes sir there goes your warrenty, I was like come on guy have a sense of humor.

ALL I WANT IS A SAFE CAR FOR HER, I got her to sell a car She loved IS300 Lexus to get a Z so we could Mod together and enjoy this hobby.

So I call Nissan Of North America to report the dealer and there un helpfullness and rudeness on the phone. There tone was very rude. I ask the woman at NNA if the car is fine would I take it in? I do not want a 07 I just want her 03 to be safe and easy to drive. My fiance drove my 03 with a bilt bottom end twin turbo and with a twin disc clutch in and I quote that is such a good shifting car. Not man thats fast or wow that is loud.... It shfts so much better than mine. My friend has a 04 g35 coupe she drove that same thing. So we are awaiting a call from NNA tomorrow to resolve this.

To top it all off I had my titan in the day before for the brake Judder, he told me it would take 6 hours to do a brake job, I was come on guy it takes like 2 to 3 hours top to do a brake job, he puffs his chest out and gets all nasty and goes in a different tone voice DO NOT TELL ME HOW TO DO MY JOB, I told him please do not get a additude with me, then the same service manager comes over to tell me HE DID NOT GIVE YOU ATTITUDE, I said all I wan tis my truck fixxed and if the tech can not get to it give me a ride to my future mother in laws house so I can sit and wait with some internet. Why is it so hard to find Nice and Decent service people?

So I ask my fellow 350z owners what do I do?

The car is unfun to drive and in my opinion is unsafe.

FYI the car has just over 15,000 miles on it. So sad that Customer service is dead.

Good News is NNA is such a pleasure to deal with, I look forward to them calling me back. I am not going to post names of workers of the dealership but I did post the name of the dealership.

Ryan

Last edited by ryan350z; 02-20-2007 at 07:25 PM.
Old 02-14-2007, 05:51 PM
Ztalker

take it to another nissan dealer.
i had similar experience with a Mazda dealer. They told me the tech could not take the car above 55mph to test the vehicle. So i sold the car(06 Mazda3).
Old 02-14-2007, 06:24 PM
intheskywithpie

take it to sutherlin on 41 and daniels, probably closer for you anyway.
Old 02-14-2007, 06:31 PM
captj3

ryan take it to another dealer.
Old 02-15-2007, 04:32 AM
ryan350z

Here is the Best part, They want to Charge me 110 dollars for the tech to drive the car. So no I am not going to pay them for something they are ignoring. And take it to another Dealer so I can have the problem fixed. Quite frankly this disgusts me and After owning 7 nissan's myself 5 bought new I will be looking to trade out.
Old 02-15-2007, 06:04 AM
NA&CH
General & Tech Senior Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 132 Likes on 96 Posts

Hey Ryan I feel you pain, well my mother does. She had a 2005 ZR and the airbag light would turn on and stay on. She took it to Naples Nissan for convience and they tried to fix the problem 15 times.
Every time she got the car back the light was off for say 3hrs. They asked her if she parked in a garage one day, she say yes. The tech or manager said O thats why the magnization is tripping the light. WTF I said, I told the guy I have an 2003 and I park in the garage also and have no such problem. BS... She finally did the lemon law and bought a 2007 is350. Awesome car.

Naples Nissan worlds largest scammers...

I was thinking of taking my car there for tranny issue. I guess I will go to sutherlin nissan and try them.

Hey Ryan hows your car doing?? whats the news? You guys heading over to the picnic this weekend?? Let me know.
Old 02-15-2007, 06:25 AM
b.d.racing

Hey Ryan your problem is where you live. I'm from Ft. Myers and any sort of customer service from dealers in that area is crappy at best. I'll be coming back to that area in June when I get out of the NAVY and I'm not looking forward to getting warranty work done on my 06' Z by those jack-asses. All I can say is keep on trying and don't go nuts dealing with them. See ya around
Old 02-15-2007, 06:35 AM
ryan350z

Originally Posted by NA&CH
Hey Ryan I feel you pain, well my mother does. She had a 2005 ZR and the airbag light would turn on and stay on. She took it to Naples Nissan for convience and they tried to fix the problem 15 times.
Every time she got the car back the light was off for say 3hrs. They asked her if she parked in a garage one day, she say yes. The tech or manager said O thats why the magnization is tripping the light. WTF I said, I told the guy I have an 2003 and I park in the garage also and have no such problem. BS... She finally did the lemon law and bought a 2007 is350. Awesome car.

Naples Nissan worlds largest scammers...

I was thinking of taking my car there for tranny issue. I guess I will go to sutherlin nissan and try them.

Hey Ryan hows your car doing?? whats the news? You guys heading over to the picnic this weekend?? Let me know.
Well right now we are Z-less my car needs the engine pulled and inspected as it injested some peice of itself. Her Z is at the dealership right now no call yet today so I wonder if they found a problem. I worked for Devoe Infiniti for 5 years and we had the best Customer service in the country our CSI rating was always very high. I wonder if Naples Nissan wants to know the secret? Well it is easy, hire good techs, hire good service writers, and the most important thing is to listen to the customer and not to argue with them on every single thing. They have a tool at the dealership that is Called Assit and what it does is allow techs to look at problems other techs have had with similar causes. I know there is a list a mile long in Assit pertaining to the 350z trans. Nissan has kept this trans issue off of the TSB's because it looks like a horrible black eye on the 350z. It is a well known problem with the g35 6mt's and the 350z 6mt's. I refuse to give them one dollar for being ignorant. We are still waiting for Nissan of North America to call us back to talk about there rudeness 1st and foremost, and there lack of help fullness. If i would of talk to a customer like I was talked to yesturday I would of been fired on the spot.. PERIOD. Southwest Florida was a very nice place to live but in the last few years our entire service industry has fallen on its face. I will keep you all updated to this, for once they picked on a customer that was a Infiniti Tech has Owned numerous Nissan's and Infiniti's, comes from a family of Nissan/Infiniti owners, I am fully aware of what steps to take to inform the public of this dealers lack of support and help.

I will be forwarding this Link to Nissan of North America So they can see I am not the only one to have a issue with this dealer.
Old 02-15-2007, 06:42 AM
z2envy

Try Southerlin Nissan. I've taken my Z there a couple times and had decent work and service. Only problem I still have is the damn Window streaking but they were smart enough to fix my TSB on fuel lines with out screwing anything up.
Old 02-15-2007, 07:49 AM
NA&CH
MY350Z.COM

I need to get my streak fixed and my fuel lines fixed still along with my tranny
Old 02-15-2007, 08:01 AM
z2envy

The fuel lines are a must if those things have a crack in them like they say, you'll be leaking fuel which is not fun.
Old 02-15-2007, 08:06 AM
danisr1
Sleeps in 350Z

Go to harbor nissan up in pt charlotte and ask for john the service manager. they are very good up there, they do work for a lot of guys with mods like myself. i have never had a problem with them.
pm sent to you
Old 02-15-2007, 08:09 AM
ryan350z

I have heard wonderful things about Harbor Nissan as well, Just far from my house. I should not have to drive by 2 dealers to 1 that is a good place to have service. I have not heard from the dealer today yet and the "service manager" took the car home last night. But it appears this dealer has 2 or 3 service managers.
Old 02-15-2007, 08:10 AM
ryan350z

I want Nissan North America to know about this dealership, good, bad, and in different please post your experiences with Naples Nissan.
Old 02-15-2007, 08:10 AM
danisr1
Sleeps in 350Z

they are by far the best dealership in swf.
Old 02-15-2007, 08:15 AM
danisr1
Sleeps in 350Z

just to let you guys in swf how good they are at harbor i will tell you about my build. 06 bought from them, aps ext tt built, sleeved and the whole nine yards. the tech couldnt fix a few things while he installed the the turbo ( exhaust leaks, head gasket leak). they shipped my car to sharif and are having him fix the car on thier dime. they are good guys.
Old 02-15-2007, 08:55 AM
NA&CH
MY350Z.COM

Originally Posted by danisr1
just to let you guys in swf how good they are at harbor i will tell you about my build. 06 bought from them, aps ext tt built, sleeved and the whole nine yards. the tech couldnt fix a few things while he installed the the turbo ( exhaust leaks, head gasket leak). they shipped my car to sharif and are having him fix the car on thier dime. they are good guys.
That is pretty great. Were are all these beast hidding?
Old 02-15-2007, 08:57 AM
ryan350z

If we told you we would have to kill you
Old 02-15-2007, 08:58 AM
danisr1
Sleeps in 350Z

you will know when you see it
Old 02-15-2007, 09:04 AM
ryan350z

Originally Posted by danisr1
you will know when you see it

Maybe we should race? I am in the process of a rebuild on my built motor and going to go to 20g's on my greddy kit.... Can't let out to many details..

Quick Reply: Naples Nissan Tranny Issues 6mt