Notices
Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

nasty large woman hits my car

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2003, 09:52 PM
deeba

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default nasty large woman hits my car

today was horrible. i got my Z about 3 weeks ago and today as i am walking in the parking lot to my car i see this lady trying to get out of her minivan. i noticed that her door was close to my car so i started running over to watch her and tell her to be careful. As soon as i get about 10 ft from my car i hear this bang. Yep she smacks my passenger side door with her door. I said what the **** are you doing you just smacked my car. She was so careless she didnt even know and it was a BANG. And yes, she dented it. I think she just didnt give a ****. I told her to lose some weight so her fat *** can get in and out of her car like a normal person. Anyways i dont know why i am sharring this, but i guess to just warn you people to watch where you park! People these days just dont seem to give a ****.

-Steve
Old 05-07-2003, 10:03 PM
350z4steve

Default Re: nasty large woman hits my car

Originally posted by deeba
today was horrible. i got my Z about 3 weeks ago and today as i am walking in the parking lot to my car i see this lady trying to get out of her minivan. i noticed that her door was close to my car so i started running over to watch her and tell her to be careful. As soon as i get about 10 ft from my car i hear this bang. Yep she smacks my passenger side door with her door. I said what the **** are you doing you just smacked my car. She was so careless she didnt even know and it was a BANG. And yes, she dented it. I think she just didnt give a ****. I told her to lose some weight so her fat *** can get in and out of her car like a normal person. Anyways i dont know why i am sharring this, but i guess to just warn you people to watch where you park! People these days just dont seem to give a ****.

-Steve
bummer dude..gonna make an insurance claim? I take it you got no appology
Old 05-07-2003, 10:11 PM
deeba

Yeah, I turned it into the insurance, so now I have to go get it fixed. Its not that big, but it’s a brand new car and it should look brand new. I will notice the smallest nick and this dent is about the size of a quarter and the paint is chipped. But yeah I am going to get it fixed.
Old 05-07-2003, 11:08 PM
Butterfly20

You better make her pay for it. I wish they made car surveillance cams, so you can record what goes on with your baby. My car has a dent on the drivers side door, that's why I park as far as possible and next to the curb or whatever so I can get close to it.
Old 05-08-2003, 04:23 AM
Zrated

You should have taken her insurance info and had her company pay for it.
Old 05-08-2003, 06:06 PM
GaryK

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

She did it, you saw it....her insurance really should be paying for it. But I wonder if that's even possible, to have her insurance pay for it. Better yet...she should pay for the whole damn bill out of her pocket. Hmmm....small claims court? Its a pain, but it might be worth it if it makes her have some respect for other people's property.
Old 05-08-2003, 06:52 PM
orhanz33

you sound like you let her get away wit it? i hope not, i would've flipped out!!!

p.s. i wouldn't have made any fat jokes though...
Old 05-08-2003, 09:12 PM
350ZFrost

see if your insurance agency has a diminished value claim, which is a claim some agencies have where if you get a new car and it gets hit, and you go and sell it down the road they ca tell its been hit, so your insurance agency can then give you money now from money you might lose in the future. I got my Z in mid August and it got hit in October and I took it to a shop and they said I would need to get a whole new door skin, i was like how much, they said about $500. I was like **** that and took it to a bad *** place that works on vipers, bentleys, mercedes,.....turned it into a $1500 job, then their insurance paid for it and I also got $250 for a diminished value claim.
Old 05-08-2003, 10:12 PM
deeba

I didn't let her get away with it. I chewed her out big time and this is final deal. I called my insurance and they have told me to go get it fixed. After I submit the bill, they will contact the owner of the car who hit me and file a claim against their insurance. I have a $500 deductible and for this incident I don't have to pay the deductible which is cool. Its really not even the money. I am more concerned about making sure the paint matches up after they fix it. I hope this teaches this women a lesson that she should be respectful towards the property of other people. I am just guessing it will cost a couple hundred dollars to fix but if they have to paint the whole door so it matches it could be quite more expensive.
Old 05-09-2003, 05:15 PM
JonsilvZ

Its a good thing you caught her in the act. Some people dont give a rats *** about other peoples cars. I used to have a 00 Grand Prix before my Z. This lady side swiped my car in front of me. I told her to stay put so I could get a police report. But she took off. I reported a hit and run. I got a nice check from her insurance. Some people are so stupid.
Old 05-09-2003, 07:04 PM
The Brickyard Rat
350Z-holic

In an attempt to avoid such incidents I park the Zzzzz, and our Highlander for that matter, away from other vehicles as much as possible. To assume people will always tread others property with respect is just not realistic.

Also why go off on the lady....assuming it was not intentional?
It sounds like she gave you her insurance info. Would you have acted the same if it had been a large muscular guy?

Manure happens but civility should rule assuming no evil intent.
Old 05-09-2003, 09:42 PM
maximadave

what a biatch

Last edited by maximadave; 05-09-2003 at 09:47 PM.
Old 05-10-2003, 01:46 PM
deeba

Originally posted by The Rat's Z
In an attempt to avoid such incidents I park the Zzzzz, and our Highlander for that matter, away from other vehicles as much as possible. To assume people will always tread others property with respect is just not realistic.

Also why go off on the lady....assuming it was not intentional?
It sounds like she gave you her insurance info. Would you have acted the same if it had been a large muscular guy?

Manure happens but civility should rule assuming no evil intent.
i am a "large muscular guy" lol. actually this is the deal. i went off on her because i wasnt ready for this type of incident. It was my reaction and the first thing out of her mouth was "no one will notice". To me this inidcates she thought it wasnt a bog deal and i should have no concern about it. Almost like the dent is nothing and my car isnt that nice and i really should't care. This is what ticked me off....basically that she had no respect towards my property. she didnt give me her insurace. she gave me a wrong phone number and contact info. i was able to find out who she was because i got her license and my insurace company tracked it down. i also was able to see her work badge and i knew where she worked from that.
Old 05-10-2003, 01:55 PM
JonsilvZ

"No one will notice"? I wouldve been really pissed off!
Old 05-10-2003, 05:30 PM
Heat

OMG, its not even my car and I'm even pissed right now. I HATE people that dont give a sh*t about other peoples property and then say, "Noone will notice". Damn dude, I hope she learns a lesson and gets it in the a$$ from her insurance.
Old 05-10-2003, 06:55 PM
cheeves

..if she actually has insurance
Old 05-11-2003, 04:41 PM
TheLex

AFAIK giving false information is a crime in california. Since this was not a moving vehicle accident though, I don't know if that applies. I'd at least investigate. Being she was such a biatch about it AND she tried to lie to you about her identity, I think the least she deserves is to face the possibility of criminal prosecution.
Old 05-13-2003, 01:17 PM
kohlersc

When I got bumped by another driver the first thing out of her mouth when she got out was, "I don't think that is my fault."

I wasn't moving. She rolled into me. Who's fault is it then?!?

She paid in the end.

Sorry to hear this happened to you. I wouldn't mind so much if someone gets out and appologizes immediately instead of making excuses first.
Old 05-14-2003, 06:38 AM
kbsig106

Default Two types of people

I've noticed two types of people while I'm in my Z.

1: The don't give a $hit people. Careless, durby driver. Parks right next to you at some crazy angle - god knows how they got their car in the parking space.

2: The "Hey nice car - don't want to scare the $hit out of you" people. Like in a parking lot and the guy who pulls next to you hugs the far line - makes you want to say "Thanks!"...