MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion

MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion (https://my350z.com/forum/)
-   Maintenance & Repair (https://my350z.com/forum/maintenance-and-repair-53/)
-   -   ECU will not reset! (https://my350z.com/forum/maintenance-and-repair/37327-ecu-will-not-reset.html)

03SilverstoneZ 07-24-2003 05:58 PM

ECU will not reset!

Well after putting on my borla exhaust today I went to go reset my ecu. Well I used the gas pedal method and it didn't work.:( I need some help I am not sure if I am doing this right or not.

With the car having been off for at least 10 sec.
Turn the key to ON (not start)
Wait 3 sec.
Pump the gas to the floor 5 times whithin 5 sec.
Wait 7 sec.
Press gas to floor and hold 10 sec.
When S.E. Light starts blinking, release peadal
Press again and hold at least 10 more sec.
Done.

This is the method I am using, and once again not getting anything. Am I counting to slow or not slow enough? I am not sure. I went to the dealer to see if they could do it and they have never heard of it.:rolleyes:

So I need some help on figuring out how to reset this thing.

Any help or suggestion would be greatly appreciated,

-David

johnlotusboy 07-24-2003 08:41 PM

You must use a watch and time very accurately!!!!

OC_350Z 07-24-2003 09:04 PM

Re: ECU will not reset!

Originally posted by 03SilverstoneZ
Well after putting on my borla exhaust today I went to go reset my ecu. Well I used the gas pedal method and it didn't work.:( I need some help I am not sure if I am doing this right or not.

Wait 3 sec.
Wait 7 sec.
Done.

This is the method I am using, and once again not getting anything. Am I counting to slow or not slow enough? I am not sure. I went to the dealer to see if they could do it and they have never heard of it.:rolleyes:

-David

I have never heard of that method. Where did you hear that from? I thought that if you disconected the battery for 24hr the ECU would reset.

350zdanny 07-24-2003 11:00 PM

24 hrs? My honda ECU reset after 30 mins. I wonder...

I also never heard of the gas pedal method until i became a member of this site.

Dan

Dr Bonz 07-25-2003 03:11 AM

Go here: How to reset ECU

Iezzi 07-25-2003 08:12 AM

does disconnecting the battery for 24 hours really reset the ECU or do you have to do it this way?

03SilverstoneZ 07-25-2003 10:41 AM

BONZY YOU NEVER ASSIST TO AMAZE ME:D

Thanks again,

-David

zogan 07-25-2003 06:02 PM

24hrs. that seems like a long time to reset the ecu. I thought you just had to disconnect the battery

samw1978 07-27-2003 12:12 AM

It doesn't really need 24hr to reset the ecu... the ecu on my 99 Prelude SH will reset in minutes, but lots people told me the longer you disconnect the battery the better, so just unplug it and leave it over night

cincyspider 07-27-2003 05:12 AM

why are you resetting the ECU??

I installed a borla exhaust....do I need to do this?

jak 07-27-2003 05:18 AM

Re: ECU will not reset!

Originally posted by 03SilverstoneZ

Wait 3 sec.
Wait 7 sec.
Done.

-David

It took me ten times to get the this method to work. At first I thought this was some kind of joke going around, but after some practice and a watch with a second hand I got it to work.

Precise timing is critical. If you are off even a second on any step it won't work.

Keep trying.

Jeff

Apexi350z 07-27-2003 07:03 AM

not sure if this is valid, but I pulled the ECU fuse by the battery compartment, and let it sit for about 30min. Put the fuse back, and went for drive. My car seems to be little stronger.. but that could be just me :p