MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion

MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion (https://my350z.com/forum/)
-   Maintenance & Repair (https://my350z.com/forum/maintenance-and-repair-53/)
-   -   Flashing airbag lights (https://my350z.com/forum/maintenance-and-repair/433547-flashing-airbag-lights.html)

mikalsmusic 04-13-2007 03:13 PM

Air bag light keeps blinking....

I purchased about a month ago an 04 350z. Just after I purchased. the air bag light came on and keeps blinking. I thought by turning off the car and undoing the battery that it might go away and it hasn't.

I aske d the owner had he changed anything that would make this start and he said no. Before I bring it back to the dealer has anyone else had this problem and how did they solve it?

Tired of blinking light at night during driving. Its so irritating!!

Mike - SRQ

QuicksilverZ33 04-13-2007 03:17 PM

I had the same problem...out of no where the light appeared on my 04 as well. I just took it to the dealer and they reset it...

Chebosto 04-13-2007 03:46 PM

airbag reset procedure (taken from my racing seat install thread):

For the Airbag Reseting procedure…You must first change the SRS system to self-diagnosis mode, and then back to user mode to clear the airbag fault you might be getting after unplugging the side-impact seat airbag and driving with the car..

How to Change to Self-Diagnosis Mode:
1. Turn Ignition switch from OFF to ON.
2. Within 1 second after air bag warning lamp is on for 7 seconds and turns off, turn OFF ignition switch
3. After ignition switch is turned off, wait for more than 3 seconds.
4. Repeat steps 1 to 3 twice. (perform 3 times in total)
5. Turn ignition switch ON again (turn to Diagnosis Mode.)
Turn to USER mode
1. Turn Ignition switch to OFF to ON.
2. Within 1 second after airbag warning lamp is on for 7 seconds and turns off, turn off the ignition switch.
3. After ignition switch is turned OFF, wait for more than 3 seconds.
4. Repeat steps 1 to 3 twice (perform 3 times in total)
5. Turn ignition switch ON again (Turn to User Mode)

Your Airbag light should no longer flash while driving…

JPsZ 04-13-2007 03:56 PM

when swapping seats, should I have any problem? I'm changing my seats (which have airbags) to another seat (which also have airbags), due to leather swap.

ZCARBANDIT 04-13-2007 04:31 PM

just make sure that the car has not been to a body shop. we had a car come in the shop with a airbag light on and after diag it was found that the body shop on the other side of the country did a mickey mouse job on the airbag on the side of the drivers seat and let it fly. Pretty stupid, considering that if the owner were to have been in an accident it could have hurt them. So we replaced the module on the side of the seat ands reset the light. Shoddy workmanship like that is uncalled for. It looked like the bag had deployed and they wanted to pocket more money.

ZPHILE 04-14-2007 07:09 PM

Thanks Chesbosto!!!!!!

I just did a radio install on my ZR and took out the seats and got the dreaded airbag flashing light. I followed your posted procedure and it worked. Just want to say thanks much!!!!

ZPHILE 04-14-2007 07:10 PM

Sorry - that's Chebosto

Originally Posted by ZPHILE
I just did a radio install on my ZR and took out the seats and got the dreaded airbag flashing light. I followed your posted procedure and it worked. Just want to say thanks much!!!!

EDIT :p

zxpwr 04-25-2007 11:14 PM

anybody know where all the connectors and sensors for the airbags are located on an 03 with side impact air bags?? i tried chebosto's reset procedure, it does work, but if i drive the car and hit a bump, turn too fast or on harsh pavement the light goes off.. so im thinking something might be loose.. TIA

ZPHILE 04-26-2007 11:43 AM

Do you have the service manual for your '03???

If you don't and that would help, PM me and I can show you how to get a free download of it. It's about 54Mb.

zxpwr 04-26-2007 12:27 PM

Originally Posted by ZPHILE
If you don't and that would help, PM me and I can show you how to get a free download of it. It's about 54Mb.

Thanks.. i just downloaded it..

tannee 05-01-2007 01:13 PM

Originally Posted by Chebosto
airbag reset procedure (taken from my racing seat install thread):

For the Airbag Reseting procedure…You must first change the SRS system to self-diagnosis mode, and then back to user mode to clear the airbag fault you might be getting after unplugging the side-impact seat airbag and driving with the car..

How to Change to Self-Diagnosis Mode:
1. Turn Ignition switch from OFF to ON.
2. Within 1 second after air bag warning lamp is on for 7 seconds and turns off, turn OFF ignition switch
3. After ignition switch is turned off, wait for more than 3 seconds.
4. Repeat steps 1 to 3 twice. (perform 3 times in total)
5. Turn ignition switch ON again (turn to Diagnosis Mode.)
Turn to USER mode
1. Turn Ignition switch to OFF to ON.
2. Within 1 second after airbag warning lamp is on for 7 seconds and turns off, turn off the ignition switch.
3. After ignition switch is turned OFF, wait for more than 3 seconds.
4. Repeat steps 1 to 3 twice (perform 3 times in total)
5. Turn ignition switch ON again (Turn to User Mode)

Your Airbag light should no longer flash while driving…

Can someone please explain this a bit more clearly...i tried this last night but didnt work. For Step 2...you turn on the ignition, and when the airbag starts to blink, you count 7 seconds and switch it off, then you wait another 3 seconds, then you repeat step 2 for a total of 3 times? Is this right?

zxpwr 05-01-2007 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by tannee
Can someone please explain this a bit more clearly...i tried this last night but didnt work. For Step 2...you turn on the ignition, and when the airbag starts to blink, you count 7 seconds and switch it off, then you wait another 3 seconds, then you repeat step 2 for a total of 3 times? Is this right?

pretty much...

but don't count 7 seconds, wait til the light goes out then within 1 second after it goes out turn the ignition to off and so on...

tannee 05-01-2007 04:44 PM

Originally Posted by zxpwr
pretty much...

but don't count 7 seconds, wait til the light goes out then within 1 second after it goes out turn the ignition to off and so on...

Sorry...im a bit slow. Still dont get it! =P

So...

1. Turn on ignition (turn key twice)
2. Wait for airbag to start blinking, wait one second then turn off ignition..wait 3 seconds then start again
3. Repeat total of 3 times.

Right?

Thanks!

tannee 05-02-2007 07:05 PM

Originally Posted by tannee
Sorry...im a bit slow. Still dont get it! =P

So...

1. Turn on ignition (turn key twice)
2. Wait for airbag to start blinking, wait one second then turn off ignition..wait 3 seconds then start again
3. Repeat total of 3 times.

Right?

Thanks!

?

DUBZRO 05-05-2007 09:58 AM

jus did it. worked 4 me:icon38: thanks

Sam405 05-05-2007 10:18 AM

Okay this is how I got mine to reset.

1.) First I open my door and use that as a timer.
2.) Turn my car into the on position wait for the airbag light to come on.
3.) Turn key to off position. When the airbag light starts to blink . You will hear the beeping sound from your door being open. Count 10 beeps and follow the same steps as number 2.) For 4 times it should go off.

infamous350 05-20-2007 08:37 AM

You Are The Man Worked Like A Charm You Saved Me A Headache Thnx Alot For Your Usefull Info

NX ZR 06-01-2007 10:41 AM

k.....i was able to stop mine from flashing......

Q: anyone know what causes it to flash?! i haven't done anything to make the air-bag warning light to blink.....it just started by it self last night while i was driving home......also, will it return?!

VIZAGE 06-01-2007 06:45 PM

I know I heard of one guy that was driving hard turns and his light comes on every time. Who knows? Maybe it's AI. My buddy back into a trash can (not to hard) with his Titan and the light came on. I tried the reset procedure on his for the first time and it worked. It hasn't came back on. Been about two weeks now.

MJM Z 06-21-2007 05:20 AM

I just got my windows tinted and the airbag light started flashing the next day. The tint job shouldn't have messed anything up, right?

I'm going to do the reset procedure today, if something IS truely wrong with the system, I assume the light will come back on right?