Notices
Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

P0444 Code T/S question - Electrical Gurus Please READ!

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2009, 12:35 PM
trentor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default P0444 Code T/S question - Electrical Gurus Please READ!

I posted this on G35driver.com, but figured I'd give it a shot over here as well since troubleshooting this issue would be pretty much the same on the Z.

======
So my '05 Sedan 6MT is throwing the P0444 Code - "EVAP canister purge volume control solenoid valve - Circuit Open"

I've got the service manual and am going through the T/S steps and this is driving me crazy. I've checked the solenoid, and it has both power and is working correctly. The part that is getting me is checking continuity from the solenoid harness to the ECM harness.

======
3. CHECK EVAP CANISTER PURGE VOLUME CONTROL SOLENOID VALVE OUTPUT SIGNAL CIRCUIT
FOR OPEN AND SHORT
1. Turn ignition switch OFF.
2. Disconnect ECM harness connector.
3. Check harness continuity between ECM terminal 45 and EVAP canister purge volume control solenoid
valve terminal 2. Refer to Wiring Diagram.
4. Also check harness for short to ground and short to power.
OK or NG
OK (With CONSULT-II)>>GO TO 4.
OK (Without CONSULT-II)>>GO TO 5.
NG >> Repair open circuit or short to ground or short to power in harness or connectors.
======

First, it doesn't look like terminal 45 even has a contact inside, but after pulling the little cover off I can see one way down in the terminal. I can't seem to get continuity. However, I get perfect continuity directly across from it on terminal 26, which has nice long contact coming all the way up to the top of the terminal.

Any ideas?!!!

Also, and this is a long shot, is there any chance a mechanic shop who did my inspection could have caused this code to be thrown? Within an hour of a crappy shop doing my inspection I got this code. It was actually the very next time I started the car after leaving there. I know the chances are slim, but I'd be more apt to take it to Sewell Infiniti if I knew I wouldn't have to pay for it.
Attached Thumbnails P0444 Code T/S question - Electrical Gurus Please READ!-ecmharness.jpg