Startup Issues

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2011, 06:38 PM
Tweakin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Startup Issues

So there's a couple things that i've noticed on my 03 with 112k lately

first issue

when i start the car after driving it for a bit the RPMs will dip down incredibly low(almost to the point of stalling) or will stall....this started around 95-100k, now it does it almost every time. the only way around it is to give it a little gas to keep the rpms up.

could it be the MAF sensor or the battery causing this problem?

the only reason i bring up the battery is because it has the factory battery still, the voltage looks normal, 14v and doesnt jump around

but with the MAF, the issue started around the time i cleaned my K&N, i had an emergency and had to use my vehicle before i could wait the full 30 minutes to let the oil sink in all the way on the filter(i waited 20 minutes)

second issue

when i auto up my passenger window when it's warm out it will go all the way up, and then back down 1/4 the way, it does it from both window controls, i'm kind of clueless on this one

third issue
my gas gauge is totally jacked, when i fill it up it comes to half way now and bounced between empty and 1/8th tank by the time i hit 180 miles. i'm at the point where i just reset the trip after every fill up and run about 350 miles inbetween

thanks in advance for any help

Last edited by Tweakin; 04-18-2011 at 06:48 PM.
Old 04-19-2011, 12:32 AM
winchman

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Spring for a new battery. It's past time, and an unexpected failure is terribly inconvenient. It may or may not solve some of the other problems, but do that first.

From what I've read, the gas gauge is not very reliable. Your approach is pretty easy, and it works. I couldn't justify spending any money trying to fix the gauge on an '03.

There's a procedure for getting the window motor to stop in the correct place. Search for "window learn" or something like that.
Old 04-19-2011, 12:02 PM
AJCaron12

If you over-oil your K&N it can cause problems with the MAF sensor, yes. The other issues I would search for. Plenty of info regarding those items.
Old 04-19-2011, 12:14 PM
BoomerZ33

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

with re to the gas gauge problem, i heard that leaving the car idling during fill up can cause this problem to occur otherwise it might be a gauge wiring or fuel sensor issue
Old 06-01-2011, 06:33 AM
lexar13

hey, did you ever find out what the dip down in rpms is from. im having the exact same problem...
Old 02-10-2012, 07:35 PM
joshie3.5.0.z

Originally Posted by Tweakin
So there's a couple things that i've noticed on my 03 with 112k lately

first issue

when i start the car after driving it for a bit the RPMs will dip down incredibly low(almost to the point of stalling) or will stall....this started around 95-100k, now it does it almost every time. the only way around it is to give it a little gas to keep the rpms up.

could it be the MAF sensor or the battery causing this problem?

the only reason i bring up the battery is because it has the factory battery still, the voltage looks normal, 14v and doesnt jump around

but with the MAF, the issue started around the time i cleaned my K&N, i had an emergency and had to use my vehicle before i could wait the full 30 minutes to let the oil sink in all the way on the filter(i waited 20 minutes)

second issue

when i auto up my passenger window when it's warm out it will go all the way up, and then back down 1/4 the way, it does it from both window controls, i'm kind of clueless on this one

third issue
my gas gauge is totally jacked, when i fill it up it comes to half way now and bounced between empty and 1/8th tank by the time i hit 180 miles. i'm at the point where i just reset the trip after every fill up and run about 350 miles inbetween

thanks in advance for any help
heyy i kinda havee a similar problem but mines with the battery gauge, i have a 1100 rms amp connected , and when i start my car the battery gauge is over 14v after driving it for a while it will go down to 14v or a little under is that normal? ive read on here thats the gauges are in accurate