MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion

MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion (https://my350z.com/forum/)
-   Maintenance & Repair (https://my350z.com/forum/maintenance-and-repair-53/)
-   -   03 350z losing power at high rpm code p0507 (https://my350z.com/forum/maintenance-and-repair/504441-03-350z-losing-power-at-high-rpm-code-p0507.html)

Zazz93 05-22-2011 06:09 AM

I agree with you, if they are a problem they are not the main problem. But maybe by using the right size tires they can better diagnose the real issue. Compounded problems are always the hardest to figure out.

Tonman23 05-22-2011 09:07 AM

The tech at the dealer told me he thought it was the ecm because he was getting the proper air fuel alpha reading off the sensor but the ecm would read the air flow as decreasing as the he got on the throttle rather than increasing. I don't remember his wording exactly but I don't know if that's any help to you

ares 06-02-2011 07:03 PM

Just for posterity to help anyone else that finds this through google or whatever. turns out that the issue was the ECM getting a signal that the brake was being pressed.

In my case, my compustar alarm went bad and was sending a constant signal of brake so the car limits throttle.

removed it and all is well again.

Tonman23 06-10-2011 05:33 AM

Originally Posted by ares (Post 9180406)
Just for posterity to help anyone else that finds this through google or whatever. turns out that the issue was the ECM getting a signal that the brake was being pressed.

In my case, my compustar alarm went bad and was sending a constant signal of brake so the car limits throttle.

removed it and all is well again.

wow, talk about a weird issue to have! Glad you got it worked out.

Donte Carter 06-14-2018 12:22 AM

Originally Posted by Tonman23 (Post 9140771)
picked up an ECM from the marketplace here and just had it installed! Happy to say my Z is back to normal and man does it feel good!

Just a quick summary of what I noticed. As the ecm started to go bad I would randomly lose power at higher rpm's. Once it completely went I could barely get past 3-4k in any gear. Another thing I noticed was that the cruise control would not set. I could turn it on but when I would set it, either the set would begin to flash or the cruise light would go out all together.

I think the Idle issue was just a coincidence personally and not an indication but I'm not sure.

did you plug and play yourself or youbtook it to a dealership and let them do cause mines is haveing the same exact problem now yours has had.

Donte Carter 06-14-2018 12:30 AM

Originally Posted by Tonman23 (Post 9140771)
picked up an ECM from the marketplace here and just had it installed! Happy to say my Z is back to normal and man does it feel good!

Just a quick summary of what I noticed. As the ecm started to go bad I would randomly lose power at higher rpm's. Once it completely went I could barely get past 3-4k in any gear. Another thing I noticed was that the cruise control would not set. I could turn it on but when I would set it, either the set would begin to flash or the cruise light would go out all together.

I think the Idle issue was just a coincidence personally and not an indication but I'm not sure.

did you elt the dealership plug yours up and how much did the charge you for that?