MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion

MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion (https://my350z.com/forum/)
-   Maintenance & Repair (https://my350z.com/forum/maintenance-and-repair-53/)
-   -   AC Blower doesn't always work/start... Please help (https://my350z.com/forum/maintenance-and-repair/576509-ac-blower-doesnt-always-work-start-please-help.html)

livnxxl 04-11-2013 10:03 PM

AC Blower doesn't always work/start... Please help

I have a 2006 350z that the AC Blower works when it wants to... I have searched and found that it may be the relay but I cannot locate it on my ride... Any help would be great!!!

meanz 04-12-2013 09:46 AM

Does the ac clutch not engage? Could be low and need a recharge.

livnxxl 04-12-2013 09:49 AM

Yes it does. It's the blower and I believe the relay. Hot air or cold. It just doesn't blow. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.

AshMan 04-12-2013 10:38 AM

Is it only when you start it up? or Sporadically while driving?

livnxxl 04-12-2013 10:40 AM

Just in general. When I start the car it may not work. Them go somewhere and start car again and it works. Or doesn't work 10mins then will work. Once it starts its good to go

livnxxl 04-12-2013 02:22 PM

I replaced the relay and it fixed my problem. THanks for the help either way!!

AshMan 04-12-2013 04:10 PM

Could you tel us which relay?

livnxxl 04-12-2013 04:21 PM

Blower really which is on the back side of the interior fuse box. It's a BLUE relay.

shovonb 06-16-2017 02:59 PM

Originally Posted by livnxxl (Post 10097312)
Blower really which is on the back side of the interior fuse box. It's a BLUE relay.

I tried getting to it but i don't know which screw to remove to have access to it:suicide:

shovonb 08-30-2018 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by shovonb (Post 10894801)
I tried getting to it but i don't know which screw to remove to have access to it:suicide:

FOUND IT! !

It's right behind the fuse box.. so when you look right next to the dead pedal.. there should be a flap that you can open.. just open it and you'll see whole bunch of fuse and sht.. the relay is located right behind that box.. I know it sounds crazy but trust me it's there.. somehow get that ***** out and look behind it you'll see two blue relay change both out.. one is for blower fan and another one for something else but its hard to tell which one is which but they are both the same.. so yeah replace them both and you should be good to go!

slideways247 01-02-2019 07:22 PM

I think i found the correct relay. Does this look similar to the ones you replaced? Link to part
Do these look like them ?

You take the fuse block off behind the access panel next to the dead panel and it's behind that fuse block? or its on the back side of the fuse block?
https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/my350z....e71c59a240.png
I think they are the same part?

illudr 07-03-2020 05:57 PM

So I just went thru this and it was hell cause no searches tell you how to reach them. First, when you remove the kick panel on the drivers side and can see the small fuses, know that the two blue relays are directly on the backside. So the only way to get to them is to remove the whole thing.

First, remove the dead pedal (dont bother unscrewing the screws, just pull up on it and it pops out). Remove the plastic cover thats in front of the fuses (the whole thing will come out). You will see the white part full of fuses, and a black thing underneath that are joined together by a metal piece.

unplug all of the Clips (a small screwdriver would help to push the button in that holds them in) then, there are 3 screws that hold the metal/white/black piece in. Remove those. Now, with some finagling, the whole peice will pull out far enough for you to access the two relays on the back.

Ibrahim Radwan 09-17-2020 09:33 AM

Help

Originally Posted by livnxxl (Post 10096630)
I have a 2006 350z that the AC Blower works when it wants to... I have searched and found that it may be the relay but I cannot locate it on my ride... Any help would be great!!!

man , did you solve the prob by the 2 relays ?
I have the exact same prob its somtimes work perfectly and somtime dosen't plz help