MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion

MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion (https://my350z.com/forum/)
-   Maintenance & Repair (https://my350z.com/forum/maintenance-and-repair-53/)
-   -   Issue with Passenger side window and door locks (https://my350z.com/forum/maintenance-and-repair/592823-issue-with-passenger-side-window-and-door-locks.html)

LunchBox20 04-17-2014 03:32 AM

Issue with Passenger side window and door locks

First I HAVE searched, however the issues that came close aren't the issue I am having with my car.

Everything worked, the driverside window, the locks, the passenger side window and locks. Although, the passenger side window had an issue of rolling up, then rolling down on its own.
After looking up the issue, I found that doing the window motor reset would solve this issue. I had not done the window motor reset, due to being busy.

This evening, washed the car, took it out for a drive, everything worked. Went to head home, and the drive side window would go down, then would not come up for awhile, then it would go up in auto mode, then roll right back down. Also I noticed that the passenger side window would go down, but not back up, I also noticed that the door locks on the door switch had stopped working, and the lights on the passenger side window and door lock switch were not illuminated. I can lock and unlock the car with the key fob, and by using the key in the door.

I checked the fuses, in all boxes, and looked up the similar issues, which mentioned

-Window motor reset
-checking/replacing the BCM (Body control module)
-and checking/replacing the Control unit immobilizer

I need to get my passenger window fully up asap, and would like to resolve the issue.

Thank you in advance for any help

LunchBox20 04-17-2014 07:21 PM

UPDATE::

So I went out to my car today to further diagnosis what could be the problem, annnnnd everything was working fine....??????!!!

nerdhiker 04-18-2014 12:23 PM

My passenger windows doesnt roll up.. It was working just fine until now.. What could be problem?? How do I reset the window motor?

florotory 04-18-2014 07:13 PM

Search "window motor fix" should help and show you what y'all are looking for.

Spike100 04-18-2014 07:22 PM

You may need to replace the motor. You can do a temporary fix on the motor (it's a cleaning procedure and the description to do this is here). If that gets the motor working, then you know.

Originally Posted by nerdhiker (Post 10374644)
My passenger windows doesnt roll up.. It was working just fine until now.. What could be problem?? How do I reset the window motor?

LunchBox20 04-19-2014 03:55 PM

Originally Posted by nerdhiker (Post 10374644)

If you google 350Z window motor reset you will find a link. I tried to post it but apparently My350Z doesn't like links from 350z - tech