Notices
Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

P0158 and P0138

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2017, 05:57 PM
irbullet

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default P0158 and P0138

well, I went through a big puddle and my car basically bottomed out in water, and after a mile or so my SES light came on and I checked code, it said code p0158 and p0138. I'm assuming this is to due a short caused by the water, correct? I'm just wondering is it possible this permanently ruined my o2 sensors or what? I cleared the code and will see tomorrow what happens. Is there anything else I should do as a precaution?

thank you guys
Old 04-23-2017, 07:41 PM
jhc
General & Tech Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 2,225 Likes on 1,594 Posts

Your O2 sensors aren't going to fail at the same time, and water will not damage the sensor itself.
Since you've cleared the codes it's possible that water intrusion is your culprit (inside a connector). Assuming you don't meet any more water in the next week, let things dry out a bit and tell us how it ended for you.
gl!
Old 04-24-2017, 04:37 AM
irbullet

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jhc
Your O2 sensors aren't going to fail at the same time, and water will not damage the sensor itself.
Since you've cleared the codes it's possible that water intrusion is your culprit (inside a connector). Assuming you don't meet any more water in the next week, let things dry out a bit and tell us how it ended for you.
gl!
will do. Thank you.