Notices
Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

Lights stay on and car wont start.

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2018, 06:30 PM
z33Nick

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lights stay on and car wont start.

I have two videos of whats going on.

1)

2)

Basically. I got into my car in the morning, seeing the lights on. I was like uhhh that’s not supposed to be like that. Tried starting my car and that’s what happened. I charged my battery and watched the lights disappear and my car starting fine. Car worked fine to go to work. Once I went on break and back to work, I turned my car off and it legit stayed on with the key out. Only thing I noticed is the idle wasn’t steady. Every so often the idle would drop like it wants to die. I had to stall it to get it to shut off. After I stalled it, the lights were on again and the car wouldn’t start. I left the car as it was as I went back to work. After a couple of hours I went back to my car and all of a sudden the lights were off and the car started fine. And I’m over here dumbfounded on what the heck is going on.

2 weeks of the car miraculously fixing itself. I turn off the car and witness the lights glitching the hell out with the key out. And yes once again the car just doesn’t want to start all of a sudden. I replaced the whole battery and left it on a charger and for another 2 weeks my car is fine.

Now I’m back because the issue just came back but goes away after I charge up my battery. Alternator is reading 14v via the pod in the Z. Not too sure what’s going on. If anyone else has went through these problems, I would very much appreciate the help.

Veichle Info: 2008 350z GT, 64k Miles, M/T