Notices
Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

2 major long issues- p0335 problems, and seperatley thermostat issues

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2018, 12:36 PM
Gavin Pancirov

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2 major long issues- p0335 problems, and seperatley thermostat issues

First off I came on to this forum and made a scene with my p0335. I was freaking out and this week I was more than ever. Of course if you don't know already about the notorious crank sensor your one of the few Z owners. For about a month I started having the slightest issues with sometimes weird throttle response. this would happen in maybe 30 second spans once a week and then it happened more and more and owrse and worse. it came to a point where my car died. I then check the code at OH OH OH OREILYYYYYS, smh and then see the p0335. I get the part watch how easy it is to replace and replace it. so I do this and ofcourse nothing happens I break down again. so I check the continuity of both sensors which show great, so I clean out everything which seemed dirty and the car ran fine for a few days. THEN it happened again. Car dies and I'm stuck. So I take it to a few shops and low and behold I finally found the culprit. one of the wires on the harness that connects to the sensor was ripped and exposed, and the piggyback had no feedback according to the mechanic. So this was my first issue which was super annoying and took over a month to figure out.

The thermostat is pbably something no one else will come across, but was more of my fault. I am a very eager younger kid who loves cars. I owned 3 built wrx's and one had an entire sti swap. I loved them but boy did I hate them. I decided to part ways with Subaru and help pay my books for school and picked up a salvaged 350z for 3000. it looks gorgeous now as ive don body work, painted the entire car nardo grey, completely redid the interior with seats, harness bar, harnesses, ect ect ect. so after a few months of owning the car I see a thermostat code is on for my car. the car ran fine and never had any issues so when I had the time I took it off and low and behold I was dumbfounded. the car had no thermostat AT ALL. so I pop a new one in and the car starts to overheat, the hose is pressurized, I burped the system, but nothing worked. So I put the old one in with a new gasket and no more codes.

The only thing I haven't been able to figure out and find a concrete solutions is for the damn NATS system which every so often my Z will suffer from. If anyone would like to mention a link to a forum with more details that would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys! hope maybe this shed some light on any issues you may have had like me. The stupid wire is a pain to replace I've heard as well so if you do have the same problem and you don't have wiring experience like me, I would stay away. Ive done speaker wire but car electronics and sensors are wayyyy different.
Old 06-25-2018, 04:22 PM
zakmartin

Received 512 Likes on 377 Posts

Originally Posted by Gavin Pancirov
If anyone would like to mention a link to a forum with more details that would be greatly appreciated.
https://my350z.com/forum/2003-2009-n...pump-good.html