MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion

MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion (https://my350z.com/forum/)
-   Maintenance & Repair (https://my350z.com/forum/maintenance-and-repair-53/)
-   -   350Z cranks but won’t start (https://my350z.com/forum/maintenance-and-repair/621738-350z-cranks-but-wonit-start.html)

Keaton Crooks 04-14-2019 03:32 PM

350Z cranks but won’t start

So it started like this, I woke up one morning and wanted to put new spark plugs in my 04 350Z base automatic trans .I have one more payment before I can finally put some money into her but anyways went to put them in and noticed a lot of oil on a coil pack .I ordered new valve covers to fix the leak ,I also ordered a Kinetix v+ intake manifold at the same time and new gaskets for everything I had to take off . I took off the upper plenum ,lower plenum, I pulled the injectors still on the rail I just disconnect the clips and the spacer from the lower plenum to the block I don’t know what the park is called sorry don’t roast me . I cleaned the Whole intake system with brake cleaner got all the oil off of everything . I also cleaned the throttle body . got all the parts in put everything on . I looked up a video on how to change the valve covers and followed step by step . Read the instructions on the Kinetix manifold had everything hooked up right the ground was grounded all the clips were in went to go start her up and no start just crank . Took EVERYTHING off checked it put it all back together went to start it and still no start just a crank .... so I put a sprayed a little starter fluid in her she started up but died right after got some grey smoke out of the exhaust . More starter fluid same thing so we tried it again and when it started up the Kinetix v+ manifold literally blew off the lower plenum . So I’m getting a new one sent in hopefully in 2 weeks but after that I put the old manifold on because I have to drive my car and still it won’t start . I checked every fuse , switched relays and Cleaned the connectors She ran fine before I started. I forgot to undo the battery half way threw taking the lower manifold off . She isn’t throwing any codes , I’ve done all the possible resets like the ecu , throttle etc. pls help

OldManZFL 04-15-2019 09:01 AM

RIP :violin:

jhc 04-15-2019 01:00 PM

Wow,
So many things disturbed, changed or altered. The throttle- body does not liked to be cleaned. If it was powered up and the butterfly was moved, it could be trash. All the injectors need to be double-checked for correct harness attachment. Assuming all the intake bolts are intact you should spend $40 on an inch-pound torque wrench. You've only got 3 choices-
1) break down everything you did-
Plugs
Coil packs
Valve covers
Throttle body
Intake, gaskets and torque to 4 ft lb, 48 inch lb.

Make sure each portion is done correctly. Or-
2) Get it towed and prepare to have your wallet emptied.

3) Get a friend who can get it running and buy them beer for a year.
GL!