Notices
Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

z is going into limp mode

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2024, 05:30 PM
skii_Z

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default z is going into limp mode

hello i have a 2008 350z and recently my car has been going into limp mode, im either in idle or driving and the tcs and slip lights come on which cause the car to loose power, i have to turn it off and wait a couple of minutes to turn back on so the lights can go away. i’ve changed my cam shaft sensors, and still no fix although i have a code for the throttle position sensor (p1239) i’ve read that a bad throttle body sensor can cause the car going to limp mode, i’ve gone to different shops but they can’t find a solution. any help would be appreciated
The following users liked this post:
fbuser (06-19-2024)
Old 05-28-2024, 12:24 PM
dkmura
General & DIY Moderator
MY350Z.COM
Premier MemberSuper Moderator

Received 1,311 Likes on 910 Posts

Moved to a more appropriate forum. What kind of CPS units did you buy: aftermarket or OEM?
Old 05-29-2024, 06:22 AM
happy_go_lucky_

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Check the tire sizes. If they are not within the accepted ratios, that can also cause the TCS to kick in.
Old 06-17-2024, 05:39 PM
skii_Z

Originally Posted by dkmura
Moved to a more appropriate forum. What kind of CPS units did you buy: aftermarket or OEM?
I purchased the OEM once and the problem hasn’t been resolved, i also got new TBs since i had codes for them but no fix, i know it’s not the rubber behind the gas pedal because i changed it. the problem occurs while im driving or when i first start the car while parked.
Old 06-17-2024, 06:30 PM
dkmura
General & DIY Moderator
MY350Z.COM
Premier MemberSuper Moderator

Received 1,311 Likes on 910 Posts

The VQ35HR is a different animal than the DE, but the P1239 code is usually pretty definitive on both. Have you carefully inspected the TPS wiring harness and connectors? Sometimes the connectors can get bent, damaged or lack contact to send a clean signal. If you continue to get a P1239 code, the troubleshooting gets more difficult after that.

On a separate story, my T3 Z had a similar issue when racing at the Worldwide Technology road racing track several years ago. Halfway through a SCCA National race, my HR began losing power until I had to pull off behind a corner station. I spent the rest of the day driving through St. Louis to get the one OEM TPS at an Infiniti dealer available in town. Installed the new TPS in the pits and was able to make the Sunday race. Lost the Divisional Championship that weekend, but the HR ran fine for the rest of the season.

Last edited by dkmura; 06-17-2024 at 06:41 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Aeneas137 (06-18-2024)
Old 06-17-2024, 10:52 PM
skii_Z

Originally Posted by dkmura
The VQ35HR is a different animal than the DE, but the P1239 code is usually pretty definitive on both. Have you carefully inspected the TPS wiring harness and connectors? Sometimes the connectors can get bent, damaged or lack contact to send a clean signal. If you continue to get a P1239 code, the troubleshooting gets more difficult after that.

On a separate story, my T3 Z had a similar issue when racing at the Worldwide Technology road racing track several years ago. Halfway through a SCCA National race, my HR began losing power until I had to pull off behind a corner station. I spent the rest of the day driving through St. Louis to get the one OEM TPS at an Infiniti dealer available in town. Installed the new TPS in the pits and was able to make the Sunday race. Lost the Divisional Championship that weekend, but the HR ran fine for the rest of the season.
I haven’t really checked the tps sensor but i did change both throttle body’s i noticed that on the driver the connector is kinda broken so just slides in and out, when i got checked out a code reader it indicated that the bank 2 TPS sensor was bad not to sure which one is bank 2 on the HR.
Old 06-18-2024, 11:55 AM
Aeneas137

Received 135 Likes on 116 Posts

Originally Posted by skii_Z
I haven’t really checked the tps sensor but i did change both throttle body’s i noticed that on the driver the connector is kinda broken so just slides in and out, when i got checked out a code reader it indicated that the bank 2 TPS sensor was bad not to sure which one is bank 2 on the HR.

That broken cable could be sliding out of its connection occasionally due to engine vibration. you should buy a new one or get a used one and replace it. maybe just splicing it into the wiring. That could be your entire problem.
Old 06-18-2024, 12:48 PM
skii_Z

Originally Posted by Aeneas137
That broken cable could be sliding out of its connection occasionally due to engine vibration. you should buy a new one or get a used one and replace it. maybe just splicing it into the wiring. That could be your entire problem.
I went on to check the cable and it’s good i confused it with the MAF connector harness the clip is cracked so instead of pressing to pull out the connector it just slides off
Old 06-19-2024, 06:05 PM
Aeneas137

Received 135 Likes on 116 Posts

Originally Posted by skii_Z
I went on to check the cable and it’s good i confused it with the MAF connector harness the clip is cracked so instead of pressing to pull out the connector it just slides off
okay well you need to stop using three or four threads to solve your problem here. Stick to your own thread please. I'm not responding to the others anymore.