Notices
Media Share Z Related Photos and Video

Ferarri 360 vs Nissian 350

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2004, 04:50 PM
bamyi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ferarri 360 vs Nissian 350

I've just read that a 350Z is no compititon against a Ferarri 360 modena. Here's my real world experience:

My buddy and I were coming home in our 350, (his is competition model, w/cold intake as only mod) and in a rear view mirror I can see the ferarri coming up quick. At the next light (red light so we stopped) the ferarri was next to my buddy while i was behind my buddy. Light turns green, they took off. I was quickly left behind cause I spun my wheels, had my VDC on and since I skip gears during normal driving I instinctively did the same here. However, I can still see them ahead of me and after about 2 miles my buddy was only about 3 car lenghts behind. (most fun I ever had in my Z) Anyways, sure the ferarri will win everytime, but comparing with the price of each car and the fact that my buddy was only slightly behind the ferarri after 2 miles, I say we Z owners got a pretty sweet deal.

Now, I can't wait till next year when I see that Ferarri again and my Z has wider tires and a twin turbo. Who do you think will win now (granted that I learn to drive and turn off the vdc)?
Old 12-17-2004, 05:47 PM
DTM323

why would you post this in the gallery?
Old 12-17-2004, 05:48 PM
EnthuZiast
Guess whose back, back again...

Wow...lets see. Where do I begin.
Lets go with:

his is competition model

No such model in case you are wondering why i am laughing at you.

Now lets move on to.
I spun my wheels, had my VDC on and since I skip gears during normal driving
Hmmm...you will have to teach me how you spin tires with VDC on. I have just the opposite problem being that my VDC stops the tires from spinning

However, I can still see them ahead of me and after about 2 miles my buddy was only about 3 car lenghts behind.
You could have been in anything and caught up after 2 miles for all we know they cruised at 80 and you were doing 100+ to catch up.

To answer your final question. A 360 with a good driver will most likey smoke you with ANY TT you choose unless you build the motor first.

My buddy and I were coming home in our 350
Did you buy it together? Or is that the only way they sell the competition model?

Man I must be bored (stick at work) but I just felt like pointing out all the wholes in your lies...um...I mean "story."
Old 12-17-2004, 06:09 PM
hndumafia

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

man the z is no comparison for the f360. i was smoked by a f360 from 100mph - 155mph. the guy left me way behind. and he was just toying with me.
Old 12-17-2004, 06:56 PM
bamyi

belive what you may, i cant control that. you can spin your wheels if you rev your engine high in cold conditions like we get here in colorado. However, i do belive you that the diver of the f360 was either inexperience or just toying around. Either way, my point still stands that the 350 is still a great bargin which i dare to venture that you would agree.
Old 12-18-2004, 04:44 PM
obd

haha, the 360 is also a great bargan for the money. Remember that staight line performance insnt everything. A drag car will crush even a Ferrari Enzo....but who the hell wants to dive a drag car on the streets.......not me. Out on the track, the difference between the 360 Modena and the 350z will become even more apparent to you........(and by "track" I mean a real track, not just a flat 1/4 mile piece of asphalt)

Example: The 360 modena has clocked sub 8 minute Nurburgring lap times........while the 350z is lucky to achieve under 9 minutes............thats a huge chunk of time difference. To give you a comparison, a jaguar turbo diesel 4 door saloon can clock 9:12 around the Nurburgring with an experienced driver.......and thats a shitty car. I believe the best time to date clocked by a stock 350z is in the mid 8 minute range (8:30-8:45) ***** to the wall driving.........while a good drvier can achieve sub 8 minutes all day in a 360 modena.....HUGE difference...........Keep in mind also that the record time for a stock car was achieved by the Porsche Carrera GT at 7:30 or so seconds (or something close to that).........Now, thats only 1 minute faster than the 350z........but its also not much more faster than a normal turbo diesel so 1 minute is an eternity in terms of performance!!!

Not only that but the 360 is in a entirely differenent universe when it comes to respect from the ladies........and thats what truly makes it worth every penny!
Old 12-18-2004, 04:52 PM
EnthuZiast

Maybe this "competition" model that you and your buddy have is "special"
Old 12-19-2004, 06:40 PM
orhanz33

does your buddy have a special edition competition model or just the base competition?? i can pull like crazy from 360's in my SE Comp. model any day of the week
Old 12-20-2004, 08:05 AM
mcduck

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm not here to defend or criticize... like EnthuZiast, I'm just stuck at work bored. Speaking of big E, he said...
Hmmm...you will have to teach me how you spin tires with VDC on. I have just the opposite problem being that my VDC stops the tires from spinning
It can be done. I do it quite often...well, I guess more correctly I can spin tire with VDC on. I've had instances were I accelerate quickly and because I have the stock, crappy differential, one tire will grab and the other won't. Car starts to twist sideways. Now, I don't know how long this would continue before VCD kicks in.. I always back out of it (sliding sideways when not meaning to is not a good thing). Probably exaggerated in my car because of the 400+ at the wheels. Which brings me to...

To answer your final question. A 360 with a good driver will most likey smoke you with ANY TT you choose unless you build the motor first.
Light to light, my mechanic (I let him drive my car whenever it goes in for service) walked a stock F360. My guess... my mechanic is a really good driver and the F360 driver was mediocre, though I'm sure he wasn't a bad driver. Given equal drivers, it seems my car will hold its own against a 360... though I haven't had a chance to test this myself. That said, it should be noted I am only able to do this because I have SC, cams, exhaust, etc, etc, etc... Stock, I'd be lucky to see the taillights of a 360.

Not only that but the 360 is in a entirely differenent universe when it comes to respect from the ladies........and thats what truly makes it worth every penny!
wurd... nothing boasts of money and taste like a Ferrari!
Old 12-20-2004, 06:39 PM
bamyi

Man, I mistake the word "competition" for like "track" and hounds comes running out. Either way, it was fun running against the bid dogs, now if I can only find a Lamborghini........
Old 12-21-2004, 07:49 PM
Reggi914

Look, there is no way that 350z can be just a few car lengths behind a 360, especialy if they went for TWO miles as you stated. Having driven 360's i can tell you that its not even close. A 360 is one of the quickest cars off the line i have ever driven. When i drove the gallardo i was shocked at how "slow" it was off the line because i was expecting it to kill a 360. Off the line or at a roll, a 360 will kill a 350z anyday of the week.
Old 12-21-2004, 08:01 PM
EnthuZiast

Look, there is no way that 350z can be just a few car lengths behind a 360, especialy if they went for TWO miles as you stated. Having driven 360's i can tell you that its not even close. A 360 is one of the quickest cars off the line i have ever driven. When i drove the gallardo i was shocked at how "slow" it was off the line because i was expecting it to kill a 360. Off the line or at a roll, a 360 will kill a 350z anyday of the week.
Reggi is right. He and I are one of the few people on here who had the unique experience of driving a 360 Modena. I had one to play with for a whole day~!!

Pic attached just so I don't get the B.S. flag

As Reggi mentioned...not EVEN close. I still think no way wven with FI unless you have one Bad @ss TT KIt on a built motor.
The Ferrari is INSANELY fast!
Attached Thumbnails Ferarri 360 vs Nissian 350-e0f4.jpg  
Old 12-23-2004, 12:23 PM
Reggi914

wow, how did you manage did you get a 360 spider for a day? Was it f1 or stick. Did have a tubi on it? A tubi is MUST with the 360. I wouldnt put a tubi on the 355 though because the 355 has that true Ferrari sound to it with the stock exhaust. But a 360 with straight pipes and tubi.......... wow!
Old 12-23-2004, 03:34 PM
aalzuhair

The F360 1/4 mile is about 12.8sec and if I do remember, some members have gotten better times than that with TT setups ... So let us not look down on the 350z just because its not a $150k car ...

Az

PS: And yes even with the VDC, the car does slip sometimes.
Old 12-28-2004, 02:17 PM
Reggi914

who cars about straight line?!?!?!?! You have to drive a 360 to know what im talking about. Its a whole driving experience.
Old 12-28-2004, 02:43 PM
EnthuZiast

wow, how did you manage did you get a 360 spider for a day? Was it f1 or stick. Did have a tubi on it? A tubi is MUST with the 360. I wouldnt put a tubi on the 355 though because the 355 has that true Ferrari sound to it with the stock exhaust. But a 360 with straight pipes and tubi.......... wow!
One of my clients knows how much I love that car so he called me on my cell:
"I need a favor...it invovles the 360 can you come over?"
Me: "Ill be there in 30!"
"I need someone to drive me to the airport...Why don't you take me in the 360 and then take it for a spin before you bring it back"
Me: "You don't want to take a Cab??....are you sure?"
"Yeah its just a car and you LOVE that thing"
Me: "
"

It is an F1 and it is a work of art! I drove everywhere I could think of. Kinda scared at first but it was easy to get a hang of. I drove to every Starbucks and even took it to a Jack in the Box drive through People were freaking out just like I would be.

Unfortunately no one was in a racing mood

ANYWAY IT WAS A GREAT DAY!

P.S. My buddy took a pic of me and the ride and one of himself in it at the mall
Old 12-31-2004, 08:30 AM
homiusang

hey EnthuZiast, make sure u ring me up for a spin and take pics with you if you get to rock a Modena for the whole day
Oh, btw, i rode in my uncle's Modena twice and damn it's quick...passed two semis at the same time on the freeway with just little effort....
Old 01-03-2005, 12:25 AM
I Hate JDM

I also has the experience of driving the 360. I think the best part of this "story" was that it was two miles. I cant believe anyone here has thought about this yet. If I ran my Z for two miles, I would be topped out, or VERY close. Top speed for the Z mathmatically is somewhere between 160-165. The Modena is going into its last gear around there. A few lengths behind? I doubt that seeing as how when you top out the Z, the Modena is already doing 180, and probably at least a 1/8 mile ahead by that time.

Competition model? HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA! Why dont you at least know model names before you come in here and boast about things that probably never happened.
Old 01-03-2005, 03:40 PM
Reggi914

i think the ferrari would be more than 1/8 of a mile ahead of the Z at 180
Old 01-03-2005, 04:06 PM
Pit Bull

A guy at my gym owns 6 Ferrari's, he just parks them any where available in the parking lot. When I drive my Z I park it on an end spot with a lot of room around it. The other day he comes driving up in a F40 . He paid $358K for it with 300 miles on it. He's a cool guy, his family owns ORially (sp) auto parts. He is livin the life. I think its cool when a rich guy enjoys the $$$ and drives the big dogs. I would if I had the $$$

Quick Reply: Ferarri 360 vs Nissian 350