Notices
Media Share Z Related Photos and Video

finalforce's JDM Interlagos Fire

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2009, 03:45 PM
finalforce

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jemeister
at the rate you're going i don't think you'll ever over do it... car's hot!!! love the color and the wheels!!!

ever thought about getting clear sidemarkers and clear jdm tails? just my 2 cents...

very hot nonetheless with hood and lip paintmatched (compared to when you had them unpainted sometime ago)

again i love the wheels... i'd take them over meisters anyday
Thanks, I couldn't agree with you more, lol.
Old 09-13-2009, 03:57 PM
finalforce

Originally Posted by jemeister
ever thought about getting clear sidemarkers and clear jdm tails?
Originally Posted by Jose2008Z
that would rice the car out...looks fine how it's set up now.

How about a light smoke on the headlights? Not blacked out, like a 50% tint look...
Clear signals aren't really clear. It looks white which is tacky to me. Takes a lot away from my bumper. JDM tails I did think about them, but my OEM 06' leds fit my color better. As far as tinting them, I have clear bra on my front headlights. Either way, I don't like the tinted overlay look on these headlights. Tail light tinting just looks awful IMO so that's absolutely out of the picture.
Old 09-13-2009, 10:04 PM
BlackSpec02

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by finalforce
Clear signals aren't really clear. It looks white which is tacky to me. Takes a lot away from my bumper. JDM tails I did think about them, but my OEM 06' leds fit my color better. As far as tinting them, I have clear bra on my front headlights. Either way, I don't like the tinted overlay look on these headlights. Tail light tinting just looks awful IMO so that's absolutely out of the picture.
I agree, keep it clean and looking OEM. The only thing I would do is the smoked side reflectors. Keep em orange, but get the smoked orange... the ones you can pick up from the factory, not some overlays either. I think that would go well with IF. Don't touch the heads or tails.
Old 09-17-2009, 10:42 PM
finalforce

Any "links"? I might just take them out entirely. I'm getting the Nismo CAI for the winter season so that opening will sure help a bit.
Old 09-17-2009, 10:46 PM
finalforce

Thumbs up

This came in yesterday!

I had to custom cut this to complete the look I wanted for my front end. I tried to keep the front pointy so I cut my carbon splitter to compliment the shape. If I kept it winging out like its original form it would take away my angles on driveways and I will scrape like a b!tch. I haven't driven with it on yet, but I just measured that there's only 2.5" that separates my front end and the floor

Aside from its function, I think the adjustable support rods are stylish and add an aggressive demeanor. I angled it so that it follows the lines and direction of the headlights and flows smoothly.

Pic: not the final cut or pre-drill. I just took the pic because I noticed how cool the reflection was by accident.

I had second thoughts going into this mod, but after seeing the finished product I couldn't be more happier...now I need an ARC oil cooler to fill up that mouth.

BTW, I got a new look for my rear. It won't be until a few months that I'll receive it. I had to wait four months for my wheels, six months for my carbon lip, and now I have to wait again, lol. I guess good things are worth the wait

Last edited by finalforce; 09-18-2009 at 07:29 PM.
Old 09-17-2009, 10:47 PM
TheFarmer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Look'n good finalforce!
Old 09-17-2009, 10:49 PM
AlvinHuyN
Nismo 370Z #697

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

^^^ sick sick and some more sickness! I love that look for your car! If you find an extra oil cooler let me know...I want one but I haven't started looking mainly due to the fact that I don't think I should be buying one at $1200 lol
Old 09-17-2009, 11:03 PM
2004Black350z
Exhaust Whore

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

iwant the wheels. Looks great
Old 09-17-2009, 11:08 PM
finalforce

Originally Posted by AlvinHuyN
^^^ sick sick and some more sickness! I love that look for your car! If you find an extra oil cooler let me know...I want one but I haven't started looking mainly due to the fact that I don't think I should be buying one at $1200 lol
Do you mean $1200 brand new or used? If that's a brand new price that would be a relief for me. I've seen the complete oil cooler set go for nearly $2k w/tax or s&h. I'm thinking of settling for fluidyne, but I just can't see myself going that route.
Old 09-17-2009, 11:13 PM
finalforce

Originally Posted by TheFarmer
Look'n good finalforce!
I try

This mod may not appeal to some, but I'm glad I pulled the trigger on this. The hardest part to get over with was drilling the front of my bumper. I kept second guessing the job because its my OEM bumper
Old 09-17-2009, 11:51 PM
solidsnake

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Did you purposely position the diffuser to reflect the car It looks sick dude, gets better every day, I wonder what you're doing with the rear, any hints?
Old 09-18-2009, 04:58 AM
Royal_T

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Man lookn good,,, I also would like better pics to show off that splitter.. And any hints for the rear? would like to know since I'm looking at getting one.
Old 09-18-2009, 10:27 AM
finalforce

I'm going to test if I can make it safely out of my driveway later today. I'll try to get some better pix. As for my rear, let's just say no one has it and its very rare
Old 09-18-2009, 10:30 AM
quakerroatmeal

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Teaser! The front looks ok but I liked it better with the lip itself. The Veilside v1 wasn't meant to be aggressive imo. I seen a lot of people do those front diffuser style type from home depot made I think.
Old 09-18-2009, 10:31 AM
finalforce

Originally Posted by solidsnake
Did you purposely position the diffuser to reflect the car It looks sick dude, gets better every day, I wonder what you're doing with the rear, any hints?
I was in the process of shaving the edges clean and I forgot to take an actual pic of the splitter itself so I laid it against my garage door and noticed the reflection by accident.
Old 09-18-2009, 10:50 AM
Twenty4

did you shave the splitter to the shape of the veilside lip? i was thinking of doing that exact combo for my front. looks awesome!
Old 09-18-2009, 12:51 PM
ufoz8mycow

Dude... I think you've officially squeezed your way into the top spot of my all time favorite Zs. Above my own even.

Now let's see some decent pics with that new front splitter!
Old 09-18-2009, 01:39 PM
jdm_Z33

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

damn ur ride has 24 pages of threads. I had to check this out. Your car is ******* sick bro. I love it!!!!
Old 09-18-2009, 01:52 PM
finalforce

Originally Posted by Twenty4
did you shave the splitter to the shape of the veilside lip? i was thinking of doing that exact combo for my front. looks awesome!
Yup, I had no choice but to do it. I can't drive out here in SoCal with a flat shovel shaped bumper. I would rake the sides on driveways and it will take away my leverage on angles and my ability to avoid scraping.
Old 09-18-2009, 02:53 PM
Twenty4

Originally Posted by finalforce
Yup, I had no choice but to do it. I can't drive out here in SoCal with a flat shovel shaped bumper. I would rake the sides on driveways and it will take away my leverage on angles and my ability to avoid scraping.
yeah i hear ya, being slammed in socal isnt always easy. but i think it will look a lot better being the same shape as the lip rather than the splitter being round and the lip following the bumper curves. good call on the splitter, a nice aggressive touch.

Quick Reply: finalforce's JDM Interlagos Fire