MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion

MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion (https://my350z.com/forum/)
-   Media Share (https://my350z.com/forum/media-share-8/)
-   -   Car in the SHOP__OH BOY! (https://my350z.com/forum/media-share/453380-car-in-the-shop__oh-boy.html)

zerafian 08-30-2009 08:23 AM

Originally Posted by nosurf2day (Post 7699341)
I have alot of factory code paint for the car if you want it its yours. I am sure you could use the touch up paint since your car is a DD. It will help with all the rocks and what not. Let me know.

When the cars done I'll talk to you about that for sure. The shop owner said he would mix separate bottles for the base, pearl, and clear in little containers for me to hold on to but the more I have the better since I know I"ll be gett some nice rock chips over time. Im almost tempted to save up and buy a beater car to drive most of the time after I drop all this money.

Royal_T 08-30-2009 08:40 AM

I still don't understand the fender work. You don't even have that low of an offset. Either way the work looks really good, can't wait to see it finished...

vthao 08-30-2009 09:47 AM

WOOT! Looks like a lot of work, but it'll pay off in the end.

AlvinHuyN 08-30-2009 09:55 AM

Originally Posted by zerafian (Post 7699458)
. Im almost tempted to save up and buy a beater car to drive most of the time after I drop all this money.

This will be the best decision you'll make bro. I remember when I had my first Z I had a beater, then it broke down a year later and I sold m!y Z and got an Evo and daily drove that for over a year...racked up 24k miles!

The first week I brought my second Z home I got a beater :D '94 accord :D win!

vispre 08-30-2009 02:06 PM

lee that kit is sick... im so bloody jealous !!!

BarefootRacer 08-30-2009 03:02 PM

Better be some 315 on the back of that ***** when finished for all that work. In for completed pics!!

CaribbeanBlue 08-30-2009 03:23 PM

Can't wait to see the finished product! You're gonna have to bring her out to one of our meets asap!! :)

M3ANMACHINE 08-30-2009 05:30 PM

Subscribed. I wonder how the CS sides will look with my Aerosync front, and future CS Rear... hmmmm... :rolleyes:

black_03 08-30-2009 09:07 PM

Man I couldn't watch that process in cutting the fenders...

zerafian 08-31-2009 05:47 AM

Originally Posted by vispre (Post 7700001)
lee that kit is sick... im so bloody jealous !!!

pft! your front bumper is the sh!t...amuse with the lip. I was planning on going that route but then I found out the lip is like $1k alone....F that..thats way to much for me :)

Originally Posted by BarefootRacer (Post 7700087)
Better be some 315 on the back of that ***** when finished for all that work. In for completed pics!!

I'll probably go 295 or maybe 305. Since my camber in the rear is going to be adjusted to -1 degree and my car is lowered below the tire sidewall I still couldnt fit to fat a tire in there....I might mess around with the hight though...I would love some 305's in the back with ease.

Originally Posted by CaribbeanBlue (Post 7700127)
Can't wait to see the finished product! You're gonna have to bring her out to one of our meets asap!! :)

You better believe I will. I'll be driving it home to VA whenever it gets done but after I get back I should be at the next meet.....with the hood down hehe...Im a ricer. All show and no go. I'll probably get plenium spacers and an intake but thats about it besides the invidia exhaust.

Originally Posted by black_03 (Post 7700860)
Man I couldn't watch that process in cutting the fenders...

I cringed a little but I could see the end result though. Its nice when you can spend time at the shop while its being done though.

WXSigns 08-31-2009 06:08 AM

It's going to look great! However, I live in the rain and I run 295s in the rear and have no problems driving the car. I would think you could go 315s in the rear with the correct height and camber setup. But, I do understand Florida compared to WA state roads and driving in the rain...lol

Waiz 08-31-2009 09:20 AM

Sub'd for progress.

Man I hope it works out.

TimeAttkZ 08-31-2009 10:56 AM

Originally Posted by AlvinHuyN (Post 7699595)
This will be the best decision you'll make bro. I remember when I had my first Z I had a beater, then it broke down a year later and I sold m!y Z and got an Evo and daily drove that for over a year...racked up 24k miles!

The first week I brought my second Z home I got a beater :D '94 accord :D win!

+1. This time around (my second Z build) my new Z will not be a DD. Grandpas old Subaru Wagon is my new DD. :D Never liked parking the Z at Cal State Fullerton or using it to commute back and forth to work and school. We spend wayyy to much money on the Z to let it rack up miles like that. 1-2k for a beater is one of the best mods you can have.

quakerroatmeal 08-31-2009 11:20 AM

Why do you want -1 camber? Even factory is -1.6 in the rear..

zerafian 08-31-2009 11:45 AM

Originally Posted by quakerroatmeal (Post 7702456)
Why do you want -1 camber? Even factory is -1.6 in the rear..

closer to 0 the better it is for rain driving. Since I drive 1.5 hours round trip from work on the interstate everyday and live in FL which has been getting rain like 3 days a week lately its the safest route to go.
Though I will most likely keep it at -2 in the rear as long as the 305 tires fit without rubbing. I have a weak spot for negative camber. I wanted to go -3 but I would have to drive 40 on the interstate...I go 50 to be safe as it is now.

quakerroatmeal 08-31-2009 12:00 PM

Would figure all that down time you would have another daily driver as well.

zerafian 08-31-2009 12:10 PM

Originally Posted by quakerroatmeal (Post 7702579)
Would figure all that down time you would have another daily driver as well.

Not until this thing is 100% paid off...renting a car for 2 weeks $350 outta my pocket

vispre 08-31-2009 01:40 PM

hahah well if u ever get tired of that chargespeed.. u know who to call..

YOUR CAR IS GONNAAA BE SIIICKKKK!!

so whats the details on your brake setup? How much and who'd you go through? Im looking into getting a stage 2 upgrade but im still shopping around for the best deal.

WXSigns 08-31-2009 03:27 PM

No kidding, get a used Toyota Corolla as beater. Save just on gas. But you will lose those cool points not driving the Z...lol

zerafian 08-31-2009 04:03 PM

Went to the shop this evening. Looks like they were finishing up sanding and adding compound to the uneven parts of the kit...They are makin' all the parts completely flush with the rest of the body. Im definitely getting what I paid for here. This is my first time doing something like this to any of my cars so I never know what to expect everytime I stop in.

Ima drop some more pics tomorrow night when there are big updates.

Originally Posted by vispre (Post 7702896)
hahah well if u ever get tired of that chargespeed.. u know who to call..

YOUR CAR IS GONNAAA BE SIIICKKKK!!

so whats the details on your brake setup? How much and who'd you go through? Im looking into getting a stage 2 upgrade but im still shopping around for the best deal.

lol right on J', your the first on my list :D.I went through Works Concepts, a vendor on here, talked with Eric, he got that sh!t shipped out prontoe! I'll PM you his price..dont really wanna drop his price all over here.