Notices
Media Share Z Related Photos and Video

Quick progression of my car

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2014, 04:26 PM
NoQuestionZ

Received 27 Likes on 20 Posts

Maaaaan I love the color of those RPF1S. And basically everything else.

Way to keep it "mild" and totally outclass my car :/
Old 04-23-2014, 08:49 PM
Jermy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks a lot all! Im sure it's really not outclassing anyone's car tho lol. There's a lot that needs to be done and touched up on it, I'm just decent with photoshop touching up imperfections haha
Old 04-23-2014, 08:56 PM
IcanHaz

I really like the current direction your going with the car, looks really good!
Old 04-26-2014, 09:06 AM
Jermy

Thank ya sir!
Old 04-26-2014, 09:39 AM
Ruthless18x

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Looks good...but I do miss the wing.
Old 04-26-2014, 11:07 AM
3hree5ive0ero
Retired Admin

Received 78 Likes on 50 Posts

Very nice. Always liked your Z.
Old 04-26-2014, 06:01 PM
seekanddestroy

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's been so fun to watch your car progress over the years; I'm really happy to have been around for it. I am bummed I missed the plasti-dip phase though!

Badass car and you're one humble dude, keep it up bro! Let's get together soon, I'm getting ready to re-visit my setup!
Old 04-27-2014, 05:31 PM
Jermy

Originally Posted by Ruthless18x
Looks good...but I do miss the wing.
Originally Posted by 3hree5ive0ero
Very nice. Always liked your Z.
Originally Posted by seekanddestroy
It's been so fun to watch your car progress over the years; I'm really happy to have been around for it. I am bummed I missed the plasti-dip phase though!

Badass car and you're one humble dude, keep it up bro! Let's get together soon, I'm getting ready to re-visit my setup!
Thanks a lot everyone, I really appreciate it! Ruthless, I'm right there with ya, I do miss my salad bar. I think I might start looking for a second hatch to just have that wing mounted to, and swap them out when i want to change the look up!

As for plans, after some thinking, I think I'm going to start my research on doing a high compression N/A build on the engine. I have 4.08 final drive and I really don't want to change them. Going F/I with them would be almost useless in terms of gearing, so a built N/A might be something fun and different. Nice lopey cams, some fresh internals, etc. The car is an 03 with 88k miles, which doesn't seem like much to most, but I wouldn't mind freshening things up!

And seek, thanks man, i really appreciate it! I'm glad i've met some people in the Z community that can enjoy things I do and vice versa! It's been a blast being around, makes me not miss the old Subaru group I used to be in with my WRX lol. As for getting together, hell yeah! I'm actually thinking of setting up a photoshoot day with some people around here or down to Vallejo in some abandoned areas, I'll keep you updated for sure!
Old 05-22-2014, 03:53 PM
Jermy

No no pics or anything, but finally got my Z1 oil cooler kit installed, and dropped my new front bumper off at the shop today to be painted. Hopefully I'll have some updated pics in a few weeks. Wont say what but mr.sparco guessed it already, if you can find what/where it is you dont get any prize, but you'll know what bumper i got lol
Old 06-02-2014, 04:09 PM
Jermy

Went out and took some photos today as a farewell to the V2 bumper before the new fancy one goes on. Forewarning I have sidesplitters on but they're beat to hell so some photos they're in pics (mainly the rear facing ones) and others I photoshopped them out. I'm replacing those this week with some stronger/thicker pieces so more pics after the bumper is on.

Old 06-02-2014, 05:14 PM
mr. sparco

Received 454 Likes on 318 Posts

Love the way your car looks and how everything goes together except... Just food for thought, I think the side splitters would look better if they were cut into a similar profile as the side skirts. A bit more stylized to flow with the rest of the car.
Old 06-02-2014, 06:18 PM
Jermy

Originally Posted by mr. sparco

Love the way your car looks and how everything goes together except... Just food for thought, I think the side splitters would look better if they were cut into a similar profile as the side skirts. A bit more stylized to flow with the rest of the car.
Yes! I was originally thinking of doing that on the ones I have but I got really thin plastic to kind of feel if I wanted them or not, I do really like them so I'm picking up thicker plastic this week. Definitely love the look of it contoured to match tho, thanks for the suggestion and edit! Gonna have to do that for sure
Old 06-03-2014, 06:49 AM
pyshin

Received 75 Likes on 53 Posts

Wow sir, beautiful car

Stoked to see what your new wheel/tire selection will be to properly fill out the Z/G flares... Mind sharing what your top options are atm?
Old 06-04-2014, 07:53 AM
Jermy

Thanks man! Hmm in terms of what style wheel I want, I'm really not sure. 18x10/18x12 are the sizes, i'll be running (275's front 335's rear. overkill I know but oh well haha). I know I want something in bronze or gold because of the possibility of wrapping or painting the car later on, those colors will go with pretty much anything. Right now mainly focusing on getting the rest of the body panels finished, then I can start looking at how poor I'm going to be with wheels and tires
Old 06-05-2014, 07:25 PM
Jermy

well, went and picked up thicker new plastic for the nismo splitters we're making. some pics

cut the old ones to make the templates

reference/curve matching

I ordered the new material an inch wider also so I can extend the splitter out a little more. From where it's at in the picture, it'll be probably a 1/2-1" further out. Also the templates are not totally smoothed out yet, my friend's grandpa basically has a machine shop for a garage so he's taking them with him this weekend to smooth out the curves and cut the new ones for me. Should have em back on next wednesday!
Old 06-05-2014, 07:26 PM
Jermy

FYI if anyone was wanting to make their own, here where I live is a store called Taps Plastic - http://www.tapplastics.com -, you can get 1/4" ABS plastic in the sizes that I have (75" x 6") for ~ $30 for both, they cut the strips for you there, then you can just use an angle grinder or sander to round out the edges
Old 06-11-2014, 10:29 AM
ModBargains.com
Vendor - Former Vendor

Wow did you go through wheels. Lol but I love the progression, very unique
Old 06-11-2014, 05:37 PM
Jermy

Originally Posted by ModBargains.com
Wow did you go through wheels. Lol but I love the progression, very unique
Haha well I've only had 2 aftermarket sets. Stock ones painted, the green varrstoens, then the RPF1's I've painted a few times just to kind of change things up haha. Thanks a lot tho!
Old 06-11-2014, 07:28 PM
Vince.350z

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Let's see some interior pics
Old 06-11-2014, 08:12 PM
Jermy

Haha it's quite boring on the inside, but I'll snap a few next time i go out for pics!

Quick Reply: Quick progression of my car