MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion

MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion (https://my350z.com/forum/)
-   Media Share (https://my350z.com/forum/media-share-8/)
-   -   Bugeyes Build (https://my350z.com/forum/media-share/596148-bugeyes-build.html)

Bugeye 07-27-2014 10:37 AM

Bugeyes Build

14 Attachment(s)
Starting this so i can keep track of when and what I have done to the car, and get some input on the inevitable questions that will come up. Bought the car in March of this year, after selling my s2000 (pictured below). I had done a lot done to it, but after discovering the car was supposed to be R-titled, i lost my love for it.
Attachment 402343

Attachment 402344
My friend had a g35 and i decided i wanted a 350z. So after a lot of searching to find one with a clean title that hasnt been wrecked, (which is surprisingly hard to find) i found a red one on craigslist. Never been my favorite color, but i was eager to get one and this one seemed pretty solid. Called the guy, he told me it had no issues whatsoever, i carfaxed it and it came up clean, so we drove three hours to test drive it.
As soon as we got there the battery was dead, and a tire was flat, and it was filthy. So we filled the tire, charged the battery, and test drove it. Right away i was pissed off, the car drove like crap cause the tires had flatspots, brakes were shot, (you'll see what i mean in a minute), and fifth and sixth gear grinded. the drivers seat was leaned all the way back and the switch wasnt working. At least the AC blew cold. All things he neglected to tell me before we drove three hours to look at it.
I had needed a car pretty bad though, so i bought it anyway, thinking most of the stuff would be a relatively easy fix.
On the drive home the AC quickly faded away (im guessing he charged it right before we got there or something).
Here it is in the guys driveway. had that ugly chrome grille on it, which came off as soon as we got back.
Attachment 402345
so we got back and cleaned it up a little bit. spent the majority of the time on the interior. pulled seats out, and the switches off the clean them out. vacuumed and cleaned all the surfaces.
Attachment 402346

Attachment 402347

drove around like that for a while, trying to decide if i was going to keep it and mod it, or sell it and find something else.
then i replaced brake pads on it, as you can see, these were awful
Attachment 402348

drove it around until i started modding it in june, bought raceland coilovers for a pretty good deal and cut off my stock exhaust. sounds good, not too loud or raspy.
my stock struts were blown so going to racelands actually made it ride better, though i do plan on upgrading to BC's most likely before next year.
here it is slammed on the racelands, i have since raised the front up, just waiting for a day to take the rear coils back off to put the lock rings back in to raise the rear.
Attachment 402349
then i did a night autocross event, which was a LOT of fun, and cant wait for the next one in august.
(this shot was obviously during one of the day runs)
Attachment 402350

and heres a night shot. it was really hard to see, but i think i found a solution for that.
Attachment 402351

that night i got pulled over for no inspection sticker, so i pulled off the super dark tint to get one the next day.
then i got tired of the stock ugly headlight housing and painted it black. looks a lot better IMO.
Attachment 402352
then i got the idea that for the next night autocross event, some more light would be helpful, so i went to my buddies store and bought a 12" 5700 Lumen LED light bar, this thing is hilariously bright.
Attachment 402353
and it fits perfectly behind the bumper
Attachment 402354
eventually i plan on putting this one on my daily honda accord, and getting a larger one for the Z.
here is a comparison, left is just low beams, and the right is low beams with the lightbar on.
Attachment 402355
so here it sits currently.
Attachment 402356

i really need to get some decent pics with it soon, as all of mine are crappy cell pics. so i will get some when time allows.
right now im looking to buy a high side AC line and some camber arms. after that i plan on picking up some 18x10.5 rpf1's and various suspension goodies. il keep updating as i do more stuff/events

Bugeye 08-11-2014 11:01 AM

autocrossed yesterday, here are two of my first couple runs.

ordered stoptech front rotors and hawk hp+ pads. going to order the rear soon, but first i have to figure out why my right rear brake isnt putting pressure equally on the pad.
also i bought some DNA motoring rear camber arms. i guess i'll see how they do, im not really sure why i bought these, so if these bushings break i'll replace them with SPC most likely.

and i got my highside AC line from nissan parts zone, but when i received it the end was smashed in so i'm currently waiting on their replacement.

jdmlove1 08-11-2014 09:41 PM

when i saw the title.. i though u r talking about Subi bug eyes!

seat time before modifications son... Seat time!

KingBaby 08-11-2014 11:57 PM

Way to go about modding it! In for more...

_bit 10-03-2015 12:54 PM

lol how are the raceland coilovers holding up?