Notices
Media Share Z Related Photos and Video

QuintonC's 350Z Build

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2015, 09:31 PM
CJM

Received 88 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by terrasmak
Sina and a few others had the welds break. Mine were rewelded before I used them, and I had them lowered as much as possible.
Haven't seen those posts then...I think I'll reinforce them when I take them out over the Holidays (forgot about the damn airbag weight sensor needing a resistor.

I too am curious as the failure point...time to search
Old 12-18-2015, 09:33 PM
QuintonC

Received 105 Likes on 72 Posts

Maybe instead of searching for the weak link, just go ahead and weld all the seams? I feel like that would be a fairly decent approach at the problem

Let me know how that goes, I'm curious!
Old 12-19-2015, 06:52 PM
IIQuickSilverII

Received 215 Likes on 184 Posts

Originally Posted by QuintonC
sit? I'm only 5'7, so I'm not too worried about my helmet hitting the roof, but I am curious how low I'll be sitting haha.
Being in the same ..err....height position lol.... I have the bride rails... I got used to it in less than 10 minutes lol, dont worry about it, getting used to the "longer nose" of the bumper migth be a bit mote of a worry IMO, so if all that's good, then you'll be fine
Old 12-21-2015, 12:53 PM
QuintonC

Interesting. I was just curious if I would sit too low or not haha. Thanks man!
Old 12-25-2015, 05:44 PM
Sak350

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Any news on the front and side splitters from Synergy?
Old 12-26-2015, 06:05 AM
QuintonC

Originally Posted by Sak350
Any news on the front and side splitters from Synergy?
We ended up cancelling the project. It just wasn't the direction I was wanting to go and it had already been a year since I had delivered my end of the deal. Just getting cash and going with the APT N-3 and Nismo rear instead.
Old 12-29-2015, 11:41 AM
APTech
Vendor - Former Vendor

Received 43 Likes on 34 Posts

We ended up cancelling the project. It just wasn't the direction I was wanting to go and it had already been a year since I had delivered my end of the deal. Just getting cash and going with the APT N-3 and Nismo rear instead.
Yassssss.
The following users liked this post:
QuintonC (12-29-2015)
Old 12-29-2015, 02:18 PM
QuintonC

Well, posted the rear diffuser for sale today along with the rear bumper. Front bumper is about to get posted as well so we can start the move from the OEM + TS Rep to the APT N-3 and the Nismo V3 rear.
Old 01-04-2016, 06:08 PM
QuintonC

Wilwood 6/4 setup coming within a week or two, just gotta get my OEM brakes off. Diffuser coming off tomorrow, front bumper is just kinda chilling for a bit longer.

Also, seats and brackets in the next couple weeks.

Getting excited!
Old 01-06-2016, 07:47 PM
QuintonC

So the plan for today was initially to just take the brakes off of the car entirely to prepare for the exchange for a Wilwood 6/4 kit.

So on the way home, I stop at a buddy's house whom I was going to purchase seats from. He told me to go ahead and take the seats off of his hands, so I took the seats out of his Mini and chatted for a while. These are Touge Factory Relax seats in black cloth, they're out of the same mold as a Recaro SPG and were actually made at the factory.

QuintonC's 350Z Build-s45gqrh.jpg

I was intrigued and took the OEM seats out, took the seat belt buckles off, etc, and threw a seat into the driver's side just to see how it would look. I don't have my brackets just yet, but I ordered a driver's bracket from a member on here, and a passengers bracket used on eBay as well.

QuintonC's 350Z Build-g8cid5x.jpg

But then it was time to get the brakes off of the car once I got home. I had another friend who I work with that is also into cars, drives a '15 WRX, who came over and helped me out with getting the brakes off of the car.

After getting the fronts off, no issues here at all... the fronts were butter.

QuintonC's 350Z Build-t11j3nm.jpg

Well... then it came time to do the rears. The rears were such a pain, the top caliper bolt on the driver's side just didn't want to come out, and neither did the bottom caliper bolt on the passenger's side. But thankfully, my buddy was able to bust those loose. After that it was just smooth sailing, loosening the screw inside of the brake assembly, and then hammer time.

QuintonC's 350Z Build-bikty2w.jpg

After that, I decided to do a bit more of the hammer time and knock out the wheel studs. I'm picking up some ARP wheel studs this weekend from another friend who has a set BNIB from ARP that he never used.

QuintonC's 350Z Build-o4hgmqn.jpg

More updates to come, ARP studs, seat install, resistor install, wilwood install, and a rear spacer to flush up the rear fitment a bit.
Old 01-07-2016, 06:03 AM
jdmfetish

Received 125 Likes on 94 Posts

So the plan for today was initially to just take the brakes off of the car entirely to prepare for the exchange for a Wilwood 6/4 kit.

So on the way home, I stop at a buddy's house whom I was going to purchase seats from. He told me to go ahead and take the seats off of his hands, so I took the seats out of his Mini and chatted for a while. These are Touge Factory Relax seats in black cloth, they're out of the same mold as a Recaro SPG and were actually made at the factory.

I was intrigued and took the OEM seats out, took the seat belt buckles off, etc, and threw a seat into the driver's side just to see how it would look. I don't have my brackets just yet, but I ordered a driver's bracket from a member on here, and a passengers bracket used on eBay as well.

But then it was time to get the brakes off of the car once I got home. I had another friend who I work with that is also into cars, drives a '15 WRX, who came over and helped me out with getting the brakes off of the car.

After getting the fronts off, no issues here at all... the fronts were butter.

Well... then it came time to do the rears. The rears were such a pain, the top caliper bolt on the driver's side just didn't want to come out, and neither did the bottom caliper bolt on the passenger's side. But thankfully, my buddy was able to bust those loose. After that it was just smooth sailing, loosening the screw inside of the brake assembly, and then hammer time.

After that, I decided to do a bit more of the hammer time and knock out the wheel studs. I'm picking up some ARP wheel studs this weekend from another friend who has a set BNIB from ARP that he never used.

More updates to come, ARP studs, seat install, resistor install, wilwood install, and a rear spacer to flush up the rear fitment a bit.

same ?
what waist size are you , how do they feel sat in ?
Old 01-07-2016, 07:30 AM
QuintonC

30" waist, super comfortable. Just a little bit of wiggle room on the sides, but not too much at all. I think they're meant for like a 31-32" waist.
Old 01-07-2016, 09:42 AM
jdmfetish

nice

I guess my 36 ain't gonna fit

they look nice
Old 01-07-2016, 09:44 AM
QuintonC

Originally Posted by jdmfetish
nice

they look nice
Eh, you might fit. It would be extremely uncomfortable for you haha. When I was a 33" it was tight and not very comfortable. I think 32" would be the max comfort range I would say. But everyone is different.
jdmfetish (01-11-2016)
Old 01-07-2016, 12:01 PM
IIQuickSilverII

Received 215 Likes on 184 Posts

nice

they look nice
THe bigger surface migth help you with the butt dyno accuracy...

Last edited by IIQuickSilverII; 01-07-2016 at 12:03 PM.
jdmfetish (01-11-2016)
Old 01-08-2016, 11:15 AM
QuintonC

Picked up my Wilwoods this morning from Hal. He gave me a killer deal, so I drove down to Dynosty and picked them up as well as some Motul 600.

QuintonC's 350Z Build-hchw0sb.jpg

Also, my ECU came back in from SIA Electronics over in Illinois. They found a bad injector circuit and replaced that circuit so that I should have no issues with the car running properly. Hopefully my tune didn't get erased or anything, I guess we will find out sooner or later!

Edit:

Earlier this week I was contacted by a website based out of Spain that wanted to do a feature of my car. This was pretty shocking to me because I've always wanted something like this to happen, but never thought it would. The editor contacted me through Instagram and basically asked me for my story on the car and how it got to where it currently was. I passed on my story and some pictures to Mario and today, the post went live!

This article is in Spanish, your browser can translate it, but there is a bit of information lost in translation.

Here's the link to the article - NISSAN 350Z TURBO. UNA GRAN HISTORIA DESDE EL OTRO LADO DEL CHARCO

Last edited by QuintonC; 01-08-2016 at 12:53 PM.
Old 01-08-2016, 07:38 PM
QuintonC

Got the front Wilwoods installed just a bit ago. Had to wait for the rotors to get done at the machine shop (they needed turned just a bit). Got home and got to work instantly.. only took a little bit to get them on. Waiting on my rear studs to get here so I can mount the rears and flush the fluids out to switch with Motul 600.

QuintonC's 350Z Build-set17j6.jpg

QuintonC's 350Z Build-mvzivfk.jpg
Old 01-11-2016, 05:44 AM
jdmfetish

car looks great
you've done well !

how do you like the HKS coilover set up ?
Old 01-11-2016, 06:22 AM
QuintonC

car looks great
you've done well !

how do you like the HKS coilover set up ?
Thank you, I really appreciate that!

I love the coilovers, very quality parts. Even unboxing the coilovers I was able to tell the difference in quality between these and some of the other coilovers I've helped install as well as the coilovers I previously had on my car.

The ride is a bit harsh, but that is to be expected with the spring rates and valving that these coilovers have. I specifically ordered the SP version as opposed to the GT because I'm planning on tracking the car.
Old 01-12-2016, 05:22 AM
lifekenophobic

Received 45 Likes on 31 Posts

Not sure why I wasn't before, but now sub'd! Car looks great, and I'm anxious to see further progress.

Quick Reply: QuintonC's 350Z Build