MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion

MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion (https://my350z.com/forum/)
-   Media Share (https://my350z.com/forum/media-share-8/)
-   -   abarclay's "It's only a model" sort of build Fread (https://my350z.com/forum/media-share/602848-abarclays-its-only-a-model-sort-of-build-fread.html)

BigBlue 04-10-2015 10:26 AM

The car looks great abarclay, you have done a fine job! :icon38:

Pengu 04-10-2015 11:33 AM

I WANT THAT WING. Where can I find one?

abarclay 04-10-2015 11:33 AM

Thanks Blue!

I'm definitely excited to join the Crowd that is Matchless hood group :thumbup:

abarclay 04-10-2015 11:34 AM

Originally Posted by Pengu (Post 10577961)
I WANT THAT WING. Where can I find one?

Weber Sports Spoiler and rhdjapan.com my friend :icon38:

Pengu 04-10-2015 11:40 AM

Thank you. By the way, I love everything about your car.

NA&CH 04-11-2015 05:49 AM

Love this car. So fresh and clean clean...

I want to see what they do with the latches for the MCR. We accept you in the MCR army :D

I hope this is all for Zdayz prep... Cant wait to see this car again.

Chris

abarclay 04-11-2015 04:34 PM

Haha thanks Chris!

Happy to be finally joining the MCR gang. Might have to have a little MCR bro shoot up at ZdayZ, no homo :icon17:

Yeah, I'm definitely curious to see how they attached the latches. Fingers crossed for next week.

abarclay 04-20-2015 05:41 AM

Swung by the body shop last Friday and talked with the painter about the hood. Also saw the brackets that they had to make for the hood latches to work. They said it should be done with paint today or tomorrow, hoping to pick it up towards the end of the week.

Erbody be on the look out for OEM HR Silverstone hood for sale, 9/10, underside painted as well, trying to sell local first.

Also got some new parts in, I'll take pics this week.

Torch Red floor mats
Diode Dynamics 6000k Cool White City Light LEDs
SilverStar turn signals
https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/my350z....d6be1c991b.jpg

I also need to install my Z1 Motorsports polished intake tube and ARC polished intake.

Annnnnd last but not least, hoping to put a downpayment on some new SSR's this week as well. That's all for now, pics to follow soon :fingersx:

BigBlue 04-20-2015 10:18 AM

Nice! Getting close and I look forward to your pics; hopefully your hands will not be shaking too bad! One question, did you already have the 2 little weather strips (whatever the are called) that attach across front and rear of latch area? On mine I had them remove them from the stock hood. *I'm also interested in how the latch pins work out for you; had thought about that when I was getting my hood also. :icon38:

abarclay 04-20-2015 12:13 PM

:icon30: not gonna, this month has been crawling by for me ever since I dropped it off. I couldn't imagine leveling at a shop for an engine built. Anyway, we briefly talked about it when I brought the hood in, and I'm not sure if they're adding the weather strip or not. I'd probably go the route of a new one so I can leave my OEM fully intact. I guess I can alway bring it back in if need be?

SmoothZ 04-20-2015 01:09 PM

Love that steering wheel but don't know much about the company or companies that can make those. Would you mind telling me where I can look, if you have a recommendation, and how much? PM if you need to.

BigBlue 04-20-2015 01:16 PM

Originally Posted by abarclay (Post 10582765)
:icon30: not gonna, this month has been crawling by for me ever since I dropped it off. I couldn't imagine leveling at a shop for an engine built. Anyway, we briefly talked about it when I brought the hood in, and I'm not sure if they're adding the weather strip or not. I'd probably go the route of a new one so I can leave my OEM fully intact. I guess I can alway bring it back in if need be?

my shop had checked into new ones from a local Nissan dealer and they told me it was over $90 so I had them remove from stock hood and install, they just pop into holes, but not sure if the mcr had the holes already there or not.

abarclay 04-20-2015 03:27 PM

Originally Posted by SmoothZ (Post 10582797)
Love that steering wheel but don't know much about the company or companies that can make those. Would you mind telling me where I can look, if you have a recommendation, and how much? PM if you need to.

PM'd :thumbup:

Originally Posted by BigBlue (Post 10582799)
my shop had checked into new ones from a local Nissan dealer and they told me it was over $90 so I had them remove from stock hood and install, they just pop into holes, but not sure if the mcr had the holes already there or not.

I don't remember it have holes for it, but I should probably just tell them to order one and throw it on while they have it there. Are you glad you had your shop add it to the hood?

abarclay 04-20-2015 03:31 PM

New wheels ordered :icon21:

SSR Executor CV01
19x9.5 Concave - Normal Disk, 78mm, +25
19x10.5 Super Concave - Super Low Disk, 104mm, +18

Center Caps - Black
Disks - Super Black Coat
Inner and Outer Rim - Black Anodized

And now the wait of a thousand moons (or 90) begins :icon27:

jhc 04-20-2015 03:57 PM

Good stuff, Andy! Mr K would be so proud.

BigBlue 04-20-2015 06:29 PM

Originally Posted by abarclay (Post 10582886)
PM'd :thumbup:

I don't remember it have holes for it, but I should probably just tell them to order one and throw it on while they have it there. Are you glad you had your shop add it to the hood?

Yeah, the front one is the material that compresses between the front edge of the hood and top of bumper cover; probably good to block possible air flow under hood especially at higher speeds.

abarclay 04-21-2015 07:51 AM

Originally Posted by jhc (Post 10582905)
Good stuff, Andy! Mr K would be so proud.

Hell of compliment right there, thanks John!

Originally Posted by BigBlue (Post 10582996)
Yeah, the front one is the material that compresses between the front edge of the hood and top of bumper cover; probably good to block possible air flow under hood especially at higher speeds.

I'm down for anything that helps me from having to buy a new windshield, roof, fenders...and pants :icon17:

abarclay 04-25-2015 03:06 PM

Stopped by the body shop again and talked with the painter, word on the street is they'll be finished up this upcoming Tuesday/Wednesday. Than I'm taking Friday off to get new manual transmission fluid, clutch fluid, and an oil change at Z1. ZdayZ prep in full swing!

I think these mats are going to look great with my red seats. They've got the anchor points just like the OEM ones, only thing I wish they had was the heal pad, but I couldn't find any in this color red with the pad.

I really excited about the turn signals, reviews said they give off a blueish tint during the day (no more egg color turn signals :icon38:) and light up a bit brighter than the OEM ones. I didn't take any pics of the LED parking lights, but those are going in too.

ARC Intake will go on after I buy the polished Z1 Intake tube on Friday.

Pics...

https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/my350z....1437304963.jpg
https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/my350z....29d2375755.jpg
https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/my350z....8662bda308.jpg

That's all for now, I'll post up some pics of new hood and painted door handles next week :icon04:

jhc 04-25-2015 04:43 PM

Beautiful mats, bro. I'd have to take my shoes off first...very nice!

abarclay 04-30-2015 10:20 AM

^ haha thanks dude!

New MCR hood is on, its really hard to tell in direct sunlight but the sides of the vented areas are painted Nissan Night Armor. My door handles and the Aero Catch latches are painted Night Armor as well. I wanted to do a dark color, but not Metallic Black. Night Armor is almost a charcoal color, and I thought it would draw your eye towards the vents, but not overpower them, if that makes sense.

This is just a quick iPhone pic, I'll try to get some better ones over the weekend.

https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/my350z....e877f23a1d.jpg