MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion

MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion (https://my350z.com/forum/)
-   Mid-Atlantic (https://my350z.com/forum/mid-atlantic-331/)
-   -   Twisty Roads in VA/MD/DC (https://my350z.com/forum/mid-atlantic/269768-twisty-roads-in-va-md-dc.html)

bb1314 11-20-2007 07:57 AM

Originally Posted by memphis350z
dude loch raven reservior is an awsome run...a couple turns are bumpy but its the next best thing to a racetrack....to bad alot of "kids" are making the spot hot now.. :(

The kids were long there before you hit the spot.. lol... Look out for the black S14 there with Meister Gunmetal S1 rims. He'd smoke any of us at the turns.

Kieran@DrivenDynamics 11-20-2007 09:13 AM

What are twistys? Do any of you perhaps want to race for money on the highway?

My favorite spot is the parking garage @ Montgomery mall I can Drift Drift all day long.

4SHIZZIL 11-21-2007 10:19 AM

Originally Posted by bb1314
The kids were long there before you hit the spot.. lol... Look out for the black S14 there with Meister Gunmetal S1 rims. He'd smoke any of us at the turns.

id like to meet this person....
:)

bb1314 11-21-2007 10:33 AM

Originally Posted by 4SHIZZIL
id like to meet this person....
:)

He just won the pro-drifting contest in Summit Point the past Sunday. Sure you still want to meet him? lol...

abui01 11-21-2007 10:46 AM

I just realized a few days ago that I am a noobsauce and need to practice up again. Planning to hit up a few roads in the NOVA area late at night. PM me your # if you want to join in on a few practice runs. I found more roads! Need to update this thread later :D

4SHIZZIL 11-21-2007 11:05 AM

Originally Posted by bb1314
He just won the pro-drifting contest in Summit Point the past Sunday. Sure you still want to meet him? lol...

thats exactly why I would want to meet him!:)

4SHIZZIL 11-21-2007 11:06 AM

Originally Posted by abui01
I just realized a few days ago that I am a noobsauce and need to practice up again. Planning to hit up a few roads in the NOVA area late at night. PM me your # if you want to join in on a few practice runs. I found more roads! Need to update this thread later :D

Once I am back in town!

4SHIZZIL 08-27-2008 08:00 AM

Bump for old times....

those where the days!

.steeeeZ33. 08-27-2008 08:56 AM

Road Name/Location: Burn hill road - Clarksburg, MD
Road Type: 2 lane road, mild hills, multiple chicanes
Twisty Factor: ****
Law Enforcement level: *
Traffic: *
Precautions: Deer, stop signs in annoying places.

bb1314 08-27-2008 02:13 PM

We definitely need to get this going again!

4SHIZZIL 08-27-2008 03:08 PM

Since I am in retirement in about 1.5 months...

this was my columbia route and it was absolutely perfect! I didnt see one cop the entire trip...other than the Highway getting to Columbia from VA.

Enjoy!!!!!!

1. Start Wal-Mart in Columbia MD

2. Head west on 175 to 29N (briefly)

3. Make LFT to 108 then right onto Centennial LN going north

a. This road goes around the Northrop Fields and Central Park

4. Centennial turns into Bethany LN but we go under 70

5. RT on 99 headed East (away from golf course) or Old Frederick Rd

6. Turn LFT on Dogwood Rd going north but then road turns West.

7. Turn LFT onto 125 or Old Ct. Road (west)

8. Quick RT onto Granite Rd (north)

9. LFT onto Marriotsville Road (south and West) almost back to golf course area.

10. RT onto Wards Chapel Rd. Headed North

11. LFT onto 26 ( Liberty Road ) headed west passing 32 and 97 this crosses over a bridge and the water was picture perfect blue..didnt have a cam at the time! URGH!

12. Left onto Woodbine Rd (94) headed south crossing under 70 still going south to Annapolis …………….Rock area

13. Left onto 108 ( Damascus Road ) traveling south east

a. Turns into 650 New Hampshire Ave.

14. LFT on Bright Dam Road which runs into 32E… end cruise.

takes about 30 mins to get to I295 from here on 32... you are waaay west at this point.

abui01 08-27-2008 04:36 PM

I've mapped out a 30-40 min twisty road course through the back roads of Great Falls, I believe I took a few members on here through the course once while there were sand pebbles everywhere on the ground from last year's snow storm. Maybe we'll do another run before the cold weather hits, but it has to be done past midnight otherwise you'll hit a lot of traffic (roads are only 1 lane.)

.steeeeZ33. 08-27-2008 04:55 PM

lets do it one sat night.

bsurdam 08-27-2008 06:40 PM

I've mapped out a 30-40 min twisty road course through the back roads of Great Falls, I believe I took a few members on here through the course once while there were sand pebbles everywhere on the ground from last year's snow storm. Maybe we'll do another run before the cold weather hits, but it has to be done past midnight otherwise you'll hit a lot of traffic (roads are only 1 lane.)

yeah the sand pebbles sucked. thank god for suspension upgrades.

4SHIZZIL 08-28-2008 06:22 AM

halla atcha boy!!!! I cant on sat....mad party to attend.

ZRuggernDC 08-28-2008 07:42 AM

Ahn, you know I am in. You've got my number. Just tell the meet up place.

matt240sx 08-28-2008 07:59 AM

Catoctin Mountain Park

The best I've seen so far. Really tight turns all back to back with alot of elavation change. Plus I've never seen a cop up their. It's not too far from Mason Dixion racetrack. I always take this road when going to Mason Dixion. The only down side is pretty much no shoulder except large rocks.

GodSpeed 08-29-2008 07:49 AM

Anyone know of some good driving roads in the Newport News area? Anything in South East VA?

SmokerZ 09-14-2008 07:24 AM

Originally Posted by 4SHIZZIL
Since I am in retirement in about 1.5 months...

this was my columbia route and it was absolutely perfect! I didnt see one cop the entire trip...other than the Highway getting to Columbia from VA.

Enjoy!!!!!!

1. Start Wal-Mart in Columbia MD

2. Head west on 175 to 29N (briefly)

3. Make LFT to 108 then right onto Centennial LN going north

a. This road goes around the Northrop Fields and Central Park

4. Centennial turns into Bethany LN but we go under 70

5. RT on 99 headed East (away from golf course) or Old Frederick Rd

6. Turn LFT on Dogwood Rd going north but then road turns West.

7. Turn LFT onto 125 or Old Ct. Road (west)

8. Quick RT onto Granite Rd (north)

9. LFT onto Marriotsville Road (south and West) almost back to golf course area.

10. RT onto Wards Chapel Rd. Headed North

11. LFT onto 26 ( Liberty Road ) headed west passing 32 and 97 this crosses over a bridge and the water was picture perfect blue..didnt have a cam at the time! URGH!

12. Left onto Woodbine Rd (94) headed south crossing under 70 still going south to Annapolis …………….Rock area

13. Left onto 108 ( Damascus Road ) traveling south east

a. Turns into 650 New Hampshire Ave.

14. LFT on Bright Dam Road which runs into 32E… end cruise.

takes about 30 mins to get to I295 from here on 32... you are waaay west at this point.

i did this route 2 times a week last summer with my jeep. some of the roads are always being repaved so watch out!!!!

Emerald99 09-15-2008 01:09 PM

Road Name/Location: Compton Road, Manassas, VA
Road Type: 2 lane road, mostly flat
Twisty Factor: ***
Law Enforcement: *
Traffic: **
Precautions: None

I left work around 3:30 today (I work on Godwin), and drove out here (took about 10 min). And I had a blast. I did this road about 4 times, including the mild drive to scope out the area. Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can come back with a passenger and take a video (using my phone, if it even lasts that long lol) if anyone cares :thumbup: