Notices
Mid-Atlantic Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, Washington D.C.

My AAM Experience. Its a long one. MUST READ

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2007, 01:57 PM
Mukrat
Race Naked FTW!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

See sig...
Spacer, Intake and Exhaust. Reflash done by Mike never had a problem with it. Frank did my clutch and exhaust at AAM. I did the spacer, breaks and rotors myself.
Old 11-30-2007, 03:24 PM
4SHIZZIL

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts
Question

Originally Posted by mdracer76
I'll register my complaint on the design of the y-pipe.. its angled downwards where the flex pipe is... which if your car is lowered.. your going to wear thru the flex pipe in a few weeks. (like I did)

Note that other y-pipe designs are perfectly flat, just like the stock y-pipe.

my
lowered!!!!???

Your car height is what I call SMASHED, Crippled, Or down like foe flat tires...

lowered doesnt come close....lol

Quote at Skyline Drive...."I cant park over there in the grass because there are leaves. If we go in to eat, when we come out my car would be on fire!"

Now thats freggin low....LOL.

Love ya Man!
Old 11-30-2007, 03:56 PM
ROGUELITE
the Zbler eLf

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i understand that most AAM threads tend to travel the wayside after several posts. and i understand the position of the moderators keeping things in check and the customers posting their experiences as well.

i think we should make a distinction which should clear things up tremendously. the OP was not complaining about faulty AAM parts rather their service. i don't believe anyone was saying the OP was out of place in making his post. and in stating "service" we should also make the distinction that it was not service from everyone, but specific aspects of the service provided by specific people. the unfortunate thing here is that sometimes the many (employees) get grouped with the few (management/owners) by association.

i have had bad experiences with AAM service but good experiences with their parts. i am even running AAM high flow cats on my car and have had no problems. my gripe was with the service and some of the questionable behavior that occurred during my experience of getting the parts installed.

as a compromise what i think would work is a section where people can submit writeups on their experiences with no ability for others to comment. this would reserve sending PMs for details and minimize the likelihood of threads going south after several legitimate posts. so each shop/sponsor could have an area where customers can submit legitimate feedback on their experiences. then others could contact the OPs directly for more information. i think someone else said this earlier in this thread but i'm not sure. this would also help to consolidate all feedback and allow members to quickly find information on a shop they are considering. or maybe this is already in place and i don't know about it.

Last edited by ROGUELITE; 11-30-2007 at 04:01 PM.
Old 11-30-2007, 05:02 PM
superchargedg
Damn Noobs

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well i copied this post and put it on g35 driver in the national g club and it was removed.........i wonder by who.It just seems wierd that clint had pm,ed me with a long story and i answered him.Then i check today and the thread is gone.It must be a alien conspiracy cover up.

Last edited by superchargedg; 11-30-2007 at 05:05 PM.
Old 11-30-2007, 05:13 PM
bsurdam
F-UR-ENZO

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have also heard that my post has shown up on many many other forums, but i dont know if they still exist. in no way am i bashing there products i actually have a plenum spacer and 3" true dual exhaust. and have not had a problem with either of the two. my post was simply about the tt they put in my car and what they did to it. as for the customer service part the only reason why i brought that up and wasnt trying to group people but those four did pretty much everything they could to make things right and i applauded them for that.
Old 11-30-2007, 06:24 PM
BestThreadEver

then why is my SN blocked?
Old 12-01-2007, 06:30 AM
Clint@Altered
Banned

Originally Posted by superchargedg
Well i copied this post and put it on g35 driver in the national g club and it was removed.........i wonder by who.It just seems wierd that clint had pm,ed me with a long story and i answered him.Then i check today and the thread is gone.It must be a alien conspiracy cover up.
I've never had a thread started by a forum member removed. As long as the content is constructive, does not consist of outright lies, and is not malicious I don’t care what opinions are expressed.

I didnt even know it was posted on G35Driver.

Last edited by Clint@Altered; 12-01-2007 at 06:40 AM.
Old 12-01-2007, 01:33 PM
superchargedg
Damn Noobs

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Clint@Altered
I've never had a thread started by a forum member removed. As long as the content is constructive, does not consist of outright lies, and is not malicious I don’t care what opinions are expressed.

I didnt even know it was posted on G35Driver.
Yep it was and some how mysterously got deleted.I personally have never had a problem with AAM with the exception of pm,s with mike on how to get more power out of my stillen setup.I allready knew that there was no more power to get out of that little blower and mike tried to sell me allmost $3500 worth of stuff.He claimed i would get about 40-50 whp more which i knew wasnt possible.
Well enough of that cause it was a while ago but i do think that AAM,s product,s are top notch............well most of them.
Old 12-01-2007, 04:34 PM
helldorado

Originally Posted by Alberto
Since we have so many mods in here-I have a legit question.

Why is it over the past year just from what I remember 4 AAM threads have dissapeared that started like this one? That being somebody posting negative experience's, and as to be expected we have some negative comments then GONE.
Bert, not sure if you're referring to the one I had posted last year about my loose driveshaft bolts but I had made an agreement with Mike that if they resolved the situation to my liking, I would have the thread removed.

For those who don't know, I had my rear-end rebuilt with a 3.917/Quaife at AAM and Frank did an awesome job with it. After driving the car home (250 miles) I had it at my shop that Friday for an oil change and they noticed that the bolts were about 1/4" from the end of the bolts. Basically being held on with the threadlocker at the end of the bolts. Too many people touched the job and one tech took the pumpkin off, loosened the bolts and when it was put back on, nobody noiticed it. Because the driveshaft was loose, the front seal on the diff was leaking. I had planned on going to Atco that night. If my local shop hadn't caught the loose bolts, results could've been very poor on a hard launch.

After my thread, Mike agreed to pay for transport of my car back to AAM. Rebuilt the diff and replaced the damaged parts at no cost to me. I was able to fly into BWI from a business trip and Mike paid for transport from there to the shop.

Everything was fixed with no cost to me other than the additional downtime so I was ok with requesting to have the thread removed.

The only reason I would go back is to have Frank work on my car because he really is an exceptional tech.

Last edited by helldorado; 12-01-2007 at 04:42 PM.
Old 12-02-2007, 09:15 AM
mdracer76
Banned

Originally Posted by 4SHIZZIL
lowered!!!!???

Your car height is what I call SMASHED, Crippled, Or down like foe flat tires...

lowered doesnt come close....lol

Quote at Skyline Drive...."I cant park over there in the grass because there are leaves. If we go in to eat, when we come out my car would be on fire!"

Now thats freggin low....LOL.

Love ya Man!
LOL no worries Corry ... but .. remember.. I only recently did my current drop.. before I was on Espelir Springs .. which is an aggressive drop.. but not crazy low like I am now.. the y-pipe hole happened on the springs.. not the coilovers.
Old 12-03-2007, 10:37 AM
Sins4u33

ISP Racing's dyno is not messed up, everyone who dynoed that night requested that there dyno graphs be put in SAE corrected. SAE is what everyone goes by, but if your concerned about making more power we can print out a SAE graph and an Uncorrected graph if you want to see more power. but your only going to make about 10 more hp....

Ben Y
Old 12-11-2007, 04:14 PM
bsurdam
F-UR-ENZO

Well heres an update. I took my car back to altered to finally have everything fixed once and for all. Mike did the right thing and put me in a rental over night and frank spent the last to days going over stuff and fixing things to make sure everything is right and no more problems should occur. Customer service there is really unbelievable. And Mike stayed on top of making sure my car was being done right. Thank You to altered for doing everything in their power to make my car right.
Old 12-12-2007, 04:31 AM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by bsurdam
Well heres an update. I took my car back to altered to finally have everything fixed once and for all. Mike did the right thing and put me in a rental over night and frank spent the last to days going over stuff and fixing things to make sure everything is right and no more problems should occur. Customer service there is really unbelievable. And Mike stayed on top of making sure my car was being done right. Thank You to altered for doing everything in their power to make my car right.
Thats nice to read, as long as your happy...
Old 12-12-2007, 02:18 PM
Pun1sh3RZ

Originally Posted by Alberto
Thats nice to read, as long as your happy...
that's all that matters at the end of the day
Old 12-12-2007, 03:49 PM
PhiSig
Wheel Whore

Glad it all worked out.
Old 12-13-2007, 02:01 PM
Vader007

Talking

Originally Posted by bsurdam

I think this is the behavior we have all been waiting to see from them.
This is what will bring back the trust, this is how other top shops operate!
It just needs to happen for EVERY customer and shouldnt take a thread on a
website to make things right, accept responsibility and fix it.

Last edited by Vader007; 12-13-2007 at 02:03 PM.
Old 12-15-2007, 07:32 PM
bsurdam
F-UR-ENZO

Originally Posted by Vader007
I think this is the behavior we have all been waiting to see from them.
This is what will bring back the trust, this is how other top shops operate!
It just needs to happen for EVERY customer and shouldnt take a thread on a
website to make things right, accept responsibility and fix it.
yeah, thats part of why i posted this up me having to go back several times after the 3rd time mike should of said you know what give me your car heres a rental well fix it once and for all, not someone having to post something to do the right thing. But after this post i think mike finally understands how to run a business.

I actually had a long phone conversation with him and i believe this was a real eye opener for him and now gets the picture. But he is trying to take his shop in the right direction and they have the people to do it without question. I just think he needed someone to kick him and wake him up. lol
Old 12-16-2007, 06:35 AM
BestThreadEver

ya and all the money he has paid out in all the law suites over the years, should have done the same thing, but he kept screwing people over.