Notices
Mid-Atlantic Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, Washington D.C.

My AAM Experience. Its a long one. MUST READ

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2007, 08:25 PM
bsurdam
F-UR-ENZO

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My AAM Experience.....UPDATED

First of all I really dont want to do this but no one should go through what I have gone through. And seeing post go up defending or bashing AAM and how they are changing I have kept my mouth shut for a while but this needs to be heard. Anyway here we go. In July/August I went to Altered and talked to them about installing a JWT TT in my car. We worked out the details and all and we were all set to go. So I bring my car to them dropping it off and everything on a specific week where my family was on vacation and I would have an extra car. Needless to say two days go by and then I finally get a phone call saying that they cant touch my car for another two weeks saying that they were behind on a project car and they had scheduled me for a different week then what I had told them on the phone. Not a good start. Then after two weeks I finally got my car back tuned and everything, thinking I was good to go and shouldnt have any problems. WRONG. Didnt realize till the next day that I didnt even have windshield wiper fluid. The tech didnt do something right when relocating that. So I figured no big deal its a small problem and people make mistakes. Went back into them and Frank had to fix it. Finally I was on my way with my new TT. Then within less than 100 miles on the car I end up on the side of 395 South broken down. Apparently the retard tech that put my new belt in didnt tighten the tensioner all the way which caused my idle pulley to fly off. Not only this but having the car towed to my house and then to Altered with a Vizage body kit on it is pretty nerve wrecking. Then Mike only offers to pay for half of it not the whole bill, like the douche bag he is. Leaving there pretty upset, but little did I know there was more to come. So the same tech that destroyed my belt decided that when he took apart the steering, he didnt want to lock it in place and mark it so it can go back in at the same angle. So now starting my car every morning and letting out the clutch to start to drive causes the computer in my car to think that im going into a 90 degree turn causing the abs to kick in. Not a fun experience. Due to this I have actually lost throttle response on the highway and have had to pull over and restart my car. And the fact that it runs the risk of setting the airbags off at any given time if those chords around the steering column get too tight, which may of possibly killed me if im not expecting airbags to go off in even a 25mph turn. Now im pretty pissed off. So i take it back and frank has to go over everything to make sure nothing else is wrong all because this retard didnt pay attention and doesnt give a s hit about what he does. Then one day playing with a supra on the fairfax co prkway the pipe going into my intercooler comes loose and is just sitting on top of where it connects, so coming to an idle the rpms drop down to zero but the car doesnt shut off and i have the the horsepower of a hybrid. So I take it back yet again they fix it again as well as my steering problem. Then mike proceeds to make sure my tune is good and everything. After hearing him say yes it good now should have any problems, i should of known something was gonna happen. So one night I decided to go to the ISP dyno day with some friends and dyno it. And it was dissapointing none the less. my air/fuel ration graph looked like an electrocardiogram (the instrument that judges your heartbeat in the hospital) and it was disgusting. And then I met someone who will remain nameless who has the same JWT set up as me and said he has gone through a tedious process with Altered as well, so this is not the first incident of them doing this. As well as having many forum members drive my car and feel the need to throw up with the tuning job mike did with all the misfiring and all the horsepower it didnt make. Finally I have said screw this Im taking it to dave at Functioned to fix all this, Dave is now the man. But I do just want to make one thing clear, that place does have some hope. Everyone such has Jason, Will, Clint, and especially Frank have gone out of their way to fix these problems at no charge. I do applaud them for their customer support. They are the only reason why i would consider returning to that place. The only problem of that place is the guy paying the bills that doesnt care about his business. He doesnt watch to make sure his employees are doing the right things or even follow up with them making sure they are doing things right, as well as cant tune a car (hes tuned my car four times and still cant get it right still to this day not completely tuned right) and he always has an excuse for whatever problem there is never will man up and say there is no excuse for it, ill fix it. I dont wish this upon anyone so if you are thinking about taking your car to altered for a tt i would only let frank touch your car for the install and have someone else tune it. Thank you to those of you at altered who care and have helped me get through this ordeal.

Last edited by bsurdam; 12-11-2007 at 05:34 PM.
Old 11-27-2007, 08:29 PM
Motormouth
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

sorry to hear about your problems.

hopefully there is no damage and the car is now 100%?
Old 11-27-2007, 08:29 PM
fairladyinit

That isp dyno day was stupid. I was over looking my dyno and it said run conditions 70 degrees ferenheit. Wasn't it like 40 degrees in the dyno with the big bay door open and like 20 degrees that night? I'm glad function tuned could help you out.
Old 11-27-2007, 08:33 PM
bsurdam
F-UR-ENZO

yeah it was stupid but there were a lot of people in there so it would suprise me if it was warmer than it seemed. im hoping that function can fix all these problems. and talking to dave his built motor set up runs almost $1,200 less than altered and dave will take care of you if any of this crap happens not that it would cause he takes pride in what he does. i fell that everyone thinking about going f/i should know about what mike did to me so that this doesnt happen to them.
Old 11-27-2007, 08:35 PM
fairladyinit

Next time you head over to function tuned, shoot me a p.m. I live like 10 mins from them.
Old 11-27-2007, 08:40 PM
bsurdam
F-UR-ENZO

Originally Posted by fairladyinit
Next time you head over to function tuned, shoot me a p.m. I live like 10 mins from them.
yeah will do it will prolly be next week for dave to retune my car
Old 11-27-2007, 08:53 PM
bsurdam
F-UR-ENZO

Originally Posted by Motormouth
sorry to hear about your problems.

hopefully there is no damage and the car is now 100%?
thnx man
Old 11-27-2007, 10:14 PM
runz

wow that sucks.. DIY turbo installs FTW... because you have no one save yourself to blame if its f^cked up. Ill be seeing dave in about two months to tune my setup for sure.
Old 11-28-2007, 03:12 AM
bigslim350Z

Thanks for the heads up. I recently purchased a JWT TT setup and will definitely be going to Dave for the install and tune over the winter. Function Tuned FTW!!!
Old 11-28-2007, 03:30 AM
Pun1sh3RZ

Dropping my car off soon to... FUNCTION:TUNED
Old 11-28-2007, 04:44 AM
ZIABLO
I am Batman

omg paragraphs please
Old 11-28-2007, 04:52 AM
GodSendsDeath

My eyes hurt, break that down and some one might care. Other wise its just a mess, from what I understand stupid tech turbo kit...Supra smoked you like your were a pryus lol :P
Old 11-28-2007, 04:53 AM
davidv

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I think I will wait for the movie.
Old 11-28-2007, 05:30 AM
bsurdam
F-UR-ENZO

Originally Posted by bigslim350Z
Thanks for the heads up. I recently purchased a JWT TT setup and will definitely be going to Dave for the install and tune over the winter. Function Tuned FTW!!!
yeah, dave is retuning my car and going to do my motor build.
Old 11-28-2007, 06:04 AM
zchick321

"my air/fuel ration graph looked like an electrocardiogram (the instrument that judges your heartbeat in the hospital) and it was disgusting"

lol im sorry all this happened to you, looks like u couldn't get a break! glad FT helped ya out
Old 11-28-2007, 06:07 AM
Floridaboy1605

It sounds like a couple of you guys want to get a room with dave!!!!!
Old 11-28-2007, 06:13 AM
bsurdam
F-UR-ENZO

Originally Posted by Floridaboy1605
It sounds like a couple of you guys want to get a room with dave!!!!!
hahahaha naw man, he just takes pride in what he does and it makes a big difference.
Old 11-28-2007, 06:22 AM
bigslim350Z

Originally Posted by bsurdam
hahahaha naw man, he just takes pride in what he does and it makes a big difference.
This is definitely a deciding factor in what shop to go to. Juan and Dave work on all the cars like they are their own. I have alot of respect for that.
Old 11-28-2007, 06:24 AM
Floridaboy1605

This is definitely a deciding factor in what shop to go to. Juan and Dave work on all the cars like they are their own. I have alot of respect for that.
I wouldnt go that far!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-28-2007, 06:26 AM
zchick321

Thumbs up

+1

Quick Reply: My AAM Experience. Its a long one. MUST READ