MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion

MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion (https://my350z.com/forum/)
-   Mid-Atlantic (https://my350z.com/forum/mid-atlantic-331/)
-   -   Ive seen better work - Auto Body Plus (body shop rant) (https://my350z.com/forum/mid-atlantic/401491-ive-seen-better-work-auto-body-plus-body-shop-rant.html)

sbZenth 11-28-2008 10:19 AM

Ive seen better work - Auto Body Plus (body shop rant)

I got in a small accident a month ago and i just got it fixed at a local body shop.
The damage was on the passanger side fender and the front bumper.

I took my car to the Sheehy Nissan of Glen Burnie reccomended shop, which is Auto Body Plus located on crain highway in glen burnie.

I just wanted to let you all know that this place sucks my di**.

Apart from the discreet smart assed comments I got when I dropped off my car (i understand im young and i was in an accident but still... im the customer that was paying for the damn work), the workmanship and the quality of the job is horrendous. I was charged 940 dollars for the fender and the bumper to be installed and painted. I had all my own parts so i wasnt charged for parts. That wasnt the big deal. As long as my car was fixed, i wouldnt care... so i pick up my car today and look at the front bumper and its completely out of place, and the passanger headlight does not match the body lines at all. I mean, i understand i was in an accident and nothing can be fixed to what it was before but COME ON! the light sits about 3 mm above the hood, and the bottom right corner of the light is about 6mm away from the front bumper. The fender is bent in a way that it is obvious it was forced into place.

Not only is the damage not fully fixed, they didnt shave the emblems like i had asked them to, did not do anything to the wheel (which i asked them to fix).

Im really pissed off right now. I will take pictures later because i dont feel like going out to my car.

I just wanted to let you all know about this shi**y a$$ body shop and also that no one should take their cars there. Im going to call the owner tomorrow and try to work something out.

In the mean time, does anyone know where i can take my car to get this chit fixed? i want a really good body shop that knows what they are doing. I cant live with these idiotic gaps between the body panels.

idrive_MD 11-28-2008 11:17 AM

if you're willing to drive up to harford county, VP auto-collision of fallston or PJ's Auto Body of bel air. Seen both of their work and its all top notch.

.steeeeZ33. 11-28-2008 03:01 PM

duder,

the shop accross the street from my shop does awesome work... shoulda taken it to them.

sbZenth 11-28-2008 07:05 PM

Originally Posted by idrive_MD (Post 6615425)
if you're willing to drive up to harford county, VP auto-collision of fallston or PJ's Auto Body of bel air. Seen both of their work and its all top notch.

thanks for the suggestion, ill check it out

Originally Posted by .steeeeZ33. (Post 6616053)
duder,

the shop accross the street from my shop does awesome work... shoulda taken it to them.

hey man i might come up there cause 1) i need you to install my suspension since this chit is finally taken care of and 2) i need another shop to fix all the BS thats still wrong with the car.
thanks for the idea

sbZenth 11-28-2008 07:05 PM

Originally Posted by davidv (Post 6616116)
This thread needs some photos.

haha yes it does. i will get them tomorrow morning first thing.

sbZenth 11-29-2008 08:21 AM

pictures:

http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/f...Zenth/bad1.jpg

http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/f...Zenth/bad2.jpg

http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/f...Zenth/bad3.jpg

JZurita 11-29-2008 08:32 AM

Why did you bring it home before inspecting it?

kacz07 11-29-2008 08:36 AM

ew

sbZenth 11-29-2008 08:46 AM

Originally Posted by JZurita (Post 6617773)
Why did you bring it home before inspecting it?

owner wasnt there... no techs were there either. just some receptionist woman. Im planning on calling them today.

sbZenth 11-29-2008 08:47 AM

Originally Posted by kacz07 (Post 6617775)
ew

exactly my point.

I shouldnt have paid 1000 dollars for this chit.

Cass007 11-29-2008 09:52 AM

:werd: Time to have a little heart to heart with the service/body shop manager. A professional should be able to do better than that unless you were advised of such before repairs began.

sbZenth 11-29-2008 10:46 AM

i talked to the owner today.
he said that "all the plastic was bent under the light... We couldnt fix it. We tried to move it around but the plastic was bent. my guys did their best to repair it but it didnt go back into place."

Ok, so someone tell me why nissan uses plastic to hold the headlight in place. Oh wait, they dont. Its all metal. But then again, thank goodness i paid 1000 for the bent plastic to stay bent.

Im going there on monday to see the owner.

davidv 11-29-2008 11:12 AM

Thanks for the photos. I wouldn't notice it right off. Of course you do because you know where to look.

Looks like the shop did not take the time to align the bumper clips.

sbZenth 11-29-2008 12:04 PM

Originally Posted by davidv (Post 6618091)
Thanks for the photos. I wouldn't notice it right off. Of course you do because you know where to look.

Looks like the shop did not take the time to align the bumper clips.

and thank you for your input.

Yeah it doesnt look like all they did was paint the parts and slap them on there. I will post on what happens on monday after i talk with the owner. I can fix this but honestly, if im paying a grand, they should do it right the first time.

jeffie7 11-29-2008 06:49 PM

Originally Posted by sbZenth (Post 6618188)
and thank you for your input.

Yeah it doesnt look like all they did was paint the parts and slap them on there. I will post on what happens on monday after i talk with the owner. I can fix this but honestly, if im paying a grand, they should do it right the first time.

Just do yourself a favor, be nice and ask them if they can take a look at it so you can show them some issues you're not 100% happy with, I bet they will be willing to fix it with out a question asked. I had one body shop respray a car 3 times till they got it right, never once did they question it, I showed them runs in the paint the manager was like that's really bad we'll fix it, 3 times it took but never did the manager seem mad, then again I never got pissy with him about it.

Get shitty on the phone with him and tell him you're mad at their work and I bet they'll drag their feet with fixing it.

sbZenth 11-30-2008 09:05 AM

Originally Posted by jeffie7 (Post 6619134)
Just do yourself a favor, be nice and ask them if they can take a look at it so you can show them some issues you're not 100% happy with, I bet they will be willing to fix it with out a question asked. I had one body shop respray a car 3 times till they got it right, never once did they question it, I showed them runs in the paint the manager was like that's really bad we'll fix it, 3 times it took but never did the manager seem mad, then again I never got pissy with him about it.

Get shitty on the phone with him and tell him you're mad at their work and I bet they'll drag their feet with fixing it.

Thanks for the advice. Even though im angry about this, when i was talking to the owner, i made sure not to be angry. Like you said, they are more likely to fix it if im nice lol.
With that said, he did tell me to bring it by tomorrow so thats what im going to do. hopefully he can figure out a way to put everything back i place.

350z2go 11-30-2008 09:11 AM

keep your cool bro it will work out good luck!

sbZenth 11-30-2008 09:16 AM

Originally Posted by 350z2go (Post 6620336)
keep your cool bro it will work out good luck!

hopefully it will. thanks

350z2go 11-30-2008 09:19 AM

if not kick some as$ haha j/k

sbZenth 11-30-2008 09:27 AM

Originally Posted by 350z2go (Post 6620358)
if not kick some as$ haha j/k

if i dont get what i want, ill burn their shop down

:icon10: