Notices
Mid-Atlantic Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, Washington D.C.

Street Racing Likely Cause of Rockville Fatal Crash

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2008, 05:04 AM
BGuess

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow, very sorry to hear..
Old 12-11-2008, 05:05 AM
KManZ
Banned

Despicable... people don't learn until it's too late. And you wonder why kids in modded cars are targeted by police?
Old 12-11-2008, 05:45 AM
Driven1
Professional

Originally Posted by Malikot

I learned about this morning, and when I heard it could have been caused by street racing I was furious... then I read more and learned it was possibly a 350z.

My friend Xuan "Song" Lai was the girl killed in this accident last night. If the supposed 350z driver was any of you, shame on you. I hope you rot in hell for what you have caused her friends and family. I hope they find you and your *** gets thrown in jail for the rest of your life.

RIP Song, gone but never forgotten.
No offense and Malikot this isn't directed at just you I'm just using you as an example as others are just as guilty in this thread.... but alot of people talk big. Everyone says shame shame shame but in reality have done it themselves.

I find this portion of your post quite ironic since you have said this on those "late night runs". I could find others but it's sad that everyone is calling out those involved and this thread has taken a COMPLETE hypocritical tone imo.

Originally Posted by Malikot
I've only been apart of one of the LNR's but would love to do it again. Sign me up for a shirt big boy!

Hits too close to home when it's someone you know? Now all of a sudden it's bad? And you want people to rot in hell? Come on...I know it's upsetting but everyone please think before you go ranting and say something completely hypocritical.

RIP to her. She was the innocent one.
Old 12-11-2008, 05:53 AM
C5_vette

there are some dfferences there Robbie.. and I do agree with you, but everyone is guilty of spirited driving... I know I am...

A very small percentage of the Mid-A actually goes to the track(any type)

I would somewhat disagree about the LNR's... there is a difference between those and rockvile pike man... on the few LNR's I have been on, we always slowed down when there were any other cars, even if they were a great distance away... again I have only been on a few, and not with alot of cars... ( not dis-agreeing about the risk involved, but its not as blatent as racing on the pike)

Last edited by C5_vette; 12-11-2008 at 05:58 AM.
Old 12-11-2008, 06:10 AM
bigslim350Z

Originally Posted by C5_vette
there are some dfferences there Robbie.. and I do agree with you, but everyone is guilty of spirited driving... I know I am...

I would somewhat disagree about the LNR's... there is a difference between those and rockvile pike man... on the few LNR's I have been on, we always slowed down when there were any other cars, even if they were a great distance away... again I have only been on a few, and not with alot of cars... ( not dis-agreeing about the risk involved, but its not as blatent as racing on the pike)

Most of the people on here that do "spirited driving" find a relatively empty highway that has the "barricade" between both traffic directions or other roads that have somewhat "favorable" conditions being late at night. I don't know many people in our group that would drive crazy down the pike especialy with a decent amount of traffic. Usually it was just cruising.

Robbie has a point though, many people in this group have "enjoyed " the performance of their cars and some have tavelled in a high rate of speed at times. It's unfortunate when it affects someone close to you though.

What is going to probably come out of this is that any person who is modded or driving in groups of modded cars will be targeted heavily by the police.
Old 12-11-2008, 06:16 AM
Malikot
Rice Rocket

Yea Robbie, I agree with you man. I know I do some spirited driving here and there but I ONLY do it knowing that ONLY my life is being endangered. Not on a busy road like the pike at 8pm... Whoever is stupid enough to do that, I stick with my previous statement.
Old 12-11-2008, 06:25 AM
Driven1
Professional

I don't see a large enough difference to separate the 2 to be quite honest. The notion of noone being around isn't necessarily true imo. Traveling at a higher rate of speed around blind corners on back roads is just as bad if not worse. The risk of a head on or startling other drivers is just as risky. On those drives you'll never know if someone isn't around until you're literally right on top of them.

The only difference I see honestly is the fact that it's not in an area thats as heavily patroled or populated and the risk of being caught by the law in the act is much less. Never the less the risk is there of a tragedy happening.

Nearly every single one of us is guilty of spirited driving or doing a pull with another driver (but I don't consider anyone here a "street racer" who does it fairly often and goes out looking for it). Myself included. I just didn't like all the hypocritical statments being said in this thread. Not trying to start an argument or purposely call anyone out, just kind of making a point.

Last edited by Driven1; 12-11-2008 at 06:33 AM.
Old 12-11-2008, 06:44 AM
C5_vette

Originally Posted by Driven1
I don't see a large enough difference to separate the 2 to be quite honest. The notion of noone being around isn't necessarily true imo. Traveling at a higher rate of speed around blind corners on back roads is just as bad if not worse. The risk of a head on or startling other drivers is just as risky. On those drives you'll never know if someone isn't around until you're literally right on top of them.

The only difference I see honestly is the fact that it's not in an area thats as heavily patroled or populated and the risk of being caught by the law in the act is much less. Never the less the risk is there of a tragedy happening.

Nearly every single one of us is guilty of spirited driving or doing a pull with another driver (but I don't consider anyone here a "street racer" who does it fairly often and goes out looking for it). Myself included. I just didn't like all the hypocritical statments being said in this thread. Not trying to start an argument or purposely call anyone out, just kind of making a point.

I guess the biggest difference to me is the volume of traffic as you some what pointed out... yes the debate about blind corners can absolutely be made... still statistically speaking... running on Rockville pike.. v. a backroad.. the risk is signifigantly larger of something going wrong....

overall I see the point you were making...a risk is a risk.... and it definetly needed to be said (the hypocritical statements)...

Last edited by C5_vette; 12-11-2008 at 06:51 AM.
Old 12-11-2008, 07:01 AM
Malikot
Rice Rocket

overall I see the point you were making...a risk is a risk.... and it definetly needed to be said (the hypocritical statements)...
+1 I know it was a bit hypocritical of me, I got caught up and my emotions got the best of me. It happens, right?
Old 12-11-2008, 07:05 AM
C5_vette

nah man I wasnt pointing out anyone in particular.. I think we would all be hypocrites if we didnt admit that we have particiapted in spirited driving that is very risky..

Last edited by C5_vette; 12-11-2008 at 07:08 AM.
Old 12-11-2008, 07:19 AM
Driven1
Professional

nah man I wasnt pointing out anyone in particular.. I think we would all be hypocrites if we didnt admit that we have particiapted in spirited driving that is very risky..
+1 It ALL good. No worries here. It's completely understood. The only reason I pointed it out is b/c I know nearly every person in this regional forum...and we're better than that.
Old 12-11-2008, 07:40 AM
atomicgoofball
defies gravity

RIP, alot of people make very good points on here.

And it is very sad that this had happened, but you know....we dont even know if there was really even a Z involved in the first place! How do we know civic dude was not just speeding to show off his new mods to his buddies? and after the crash got Nervous and just said "oh we just swerved outta the way of another car"?

its easy to point fingers, but in reality...the Civic was just as much to blame if not entirely. It was his choice to go that fast and on such a crowded unstable road, no one held a gun to his head to do it. Esp if he had OTHER people in his car, obviously he was wreckless from the beginning.

No one couldve predicted the outcome of this sad event, some people just use poor judgement thinkin that they know their cars too well and in reality dont.

Again RIP, and honestly....they can fill the streets with police but racing wont ever stop. As long as people have moving vehicles, there will be fun competition. Whether it be ricers or stock.
It is in our nature.
Old 12-11-2008, 07:42 AM
r0csfinest

i agree with robbie. a lot of people in here speed like crazy... i kno cause i have tried to follow yall on meets lol.
Old 12-11-2008, 07:45 AM
.steeeeZ33.
@ J&D auto

sorry to hear that justin.
Old 12-11-2008, 07:52 AM
Cass007
350Z-holic
Premier Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Malikot - I am sorry for your loss, its hard to lose someone that was the victim of an accident.

Robbie - +1 on being the voice of reason.

I can't imagine any of us in the Mid-A that have modded our rides not laying a beat down on a ricer in a wagon with his boys probably taunting you as well. Is it smart, definately not, but neither is dumping tons of money into cars that are worth less with every mod you make. We are all car guys (and gals) and express ourselves through the look and performance of our vehicles - its just what we do.
Old 12-11-2008, 08:04 AM
abui01

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bottom Line:
Unless Rockville Pike is closed for street racing, it's retarded to drive over 40mph on that road.
Old 12-11-2008, 08:39 AM
langtubip
not fast enuff

RIP
Old 12-11-2008, 08:41 AM
Ex2cinaZ
Destructo Girl

Malikot, I'm sorry to hear about your loss... this just sucks for everyone... and I hope that it wasnt someone on here that was involved. UNFORTUNATELY my Nismo is black and am frequently right there at 355 and Nicholson Lane and even though I have WV tags... you know that it's going to get profiled. Guess I'll be pushing the E Class for a while when i go down there.
Old 12-11-2008, 09:12 AM
bigslim350Z

Originally Posted by Ex2cinaZ
Malikot, I'm sorry to hear about your loss... this just sucks for everyone... and I hope that it wasnt someone on here that was involved. UNFORTUNATELY my Nismo is black and am frequently right there at 355 and Nicholson Lane and even though I have WV tags... you know that it's going to get profiled. Guess I'll be pushing the E Class for a while when i go down there.

who knows if a Z was actually involved. That civic guy could have made it up to sound like a victim.

my sister saw a hit and run take place a few weeks ago, the driver was going 70 mph or so and still no one could get his liscense plate number. If a Z blew by someone going over 100 there is no chance.
Old 12-11-2008, 09:34 AM
Ex2cinaZ
Destructo Girl

Originally Posted by bigslim350Z
who knows if a Z was actually involved. That civic guy could have made it up to sound like a victim.

my sister saw a hit and run take place a few weeks ago, the driver was going 70 mph or so and still no one could get his liscense plate number. If a Z blew by someone going over 100 there is no chance.
Ture... I just hate when things like this happens becasue i feel like even though I wasn't involved i'm being looked at like i was.
.. how you doin dave?

Quick Reply: Street Racing Likely Cause of Rockville Fatal Crash