Notices
Mid-Atlantic Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, Washington D.C.

Awsome way to start out the morning... =/

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2009, 07:09 AM
C5_vette

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wow that sucks, the Z really is becoming the new Civic... everyone's parts are getting jacked
Old 03-30-2009, 07:11 AM
pchong154

wow, thats horrible....

Criminals are getting more and more desperate. stock rays? geezeee
Old 03-30-2009, 07:13 AM
jubes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow... hope you catch who ever did this... keep an eye open for people trying to sell the wheels on any Z site, craigslist or ebay...
Old 03-30-2009, 07:16 AM
WYZIWYG

Received 208 Likes on 155 Posts

Wheel locks? Anyone care to chime in? My wheels came with a free set and I'm wondering if there's any true value aside from slowing up theiving douchebags...
Old 03-30-2009, 07:42 AM
davidv

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

If it was close to Fort Meade they have spy satellites in the area 24-7. Check with NSA. They will find the culprits.
Old 03-30-2009, 07:48 AM
tranceformer95

Originally Posted by WYZIWYG
Wheel locks? Anyone care to chime in? My wheels came with a free set and I'm wondering if there's any true value aside from slowing up theiving douchebags...
IMO, they don't do anything other than screw yourself when you lose the key. They probably slow down the thieves, a little bit at most.
Old 03-30-2009, 07:56 AM
savvy

Originally Posted by tranceformer95
IMO, they don't do anything other than screw yourself when you lose the key. They probably slow down the thieves, a little bit at most.

I wonder if buying 5 different sets of wheels locks will be annoying enough to make a theif just say F it
Old 03-30-2009, 07:58 AM
tranceformer95

I think there's a socket you can buy at any local autoparts store that can remove a wheel lock.

My friend dropped off his car at our friend's shop. He called and said "hey i forgot to give you my wheel lock". They replied with "don't worry, we took them off already".
Old 03-30-2009, 08:02 AM
ajcool2

Damn that sucks so bad.
Old 03-30-2009, 08:04 AM
abui01

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wheel locks r a joke, they just slow the thieves down by an extra 45 secs per wheel. I've seen it done before and any fool can bust open a wheel lock. If you want to be extra annoying, get 5 different brands + wheel lock caps that comes with keys. It's a secured metal cover over the actual lug bolt so they'd hafta break through 2 things to get 1 bolt off. I suggest a 2-way-pager alarm with a shock sensor. Any movement to the car will have your remote beeping away in the middle of the night.
Old 03-30-2009, 08:08 AM
WYZIWYG

Received 208 Likes on 155 Posts

Originally Posted by abui01
wheel locks r a joke, they just slow the thieves down by an extra 45 secs per wheel. I've seen it done before and any fool can bust open a wheel lock. If you want to be extra annoying, get 5 different brands + wheel lock caps that comes with keys. It's a secured metal cover over the actual lug bolt so they'd hafta break through 2 things to get 1 bolt off. I suggest a 2-way-pager alarm with a shock sensor. Any movement to the car will have your remote beeping away in the middle of the night.
Too bad there's no way to install that flame thrower mod they used on that MANswers show. Stuff like this is why I don't think the F&F meetup is such a good idea. With the failing economy, a bunch of riced out Zs is gonna send the average "Joe Pick-up truck" into a window smashin' berserker rage.
Old 03-30-2009, 08:53 AM
bigslim350Z

Too bad there's no way to install that flame thrower mod they used on that MANswers show. Stuff like this is why I don't think the F&F meetup is such a good idea. With the failing economy, a bunch of riced out Zs is gonna send the average "Joe Pick-up truck" into a window smashin' berserker rage.

how about a DD F&F meet?
Old 03-30-2009, 09:58 AM
hottoddyo

Wow, that does suck. I had a Camero Z28 and came out one morning and the same think it was on bricks. Bran spanking new too!
Makes you sick to your stomach! I pity the fool I ever catch stealing
something of mine! The problem is catching them.
Old 03-30-2009, 09:58 AM
rockinbboy

damn....we get these posts a few times through the year. Sucks to see this in MD! glad to see they didn't leave your Z on the freakin' ground!
Old 03-30-2009, 10:13 AM
Mr. CF

Originally Posted by rockinbboy
damn....we get these posts a few times through the year. Sucks to see this in MD! glad to see they didn't leave your Z on the freakin' ground!
Sucks to see this happening but +1 for it not being on the ground. They put my buddy's car on plastic milk crates......one of them cracked and so his car was tipped FTL
Old 03-30-2009, 10:16 AM
abui01

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'll def make a note of this since this has happened to me. Back when I had my first car, I had some hoodlums staring down my car when I rolled into the parking lot. After the movie, it was dark and they followed me home. The next day: car was gone.

When leaving the parking lot, make sure no one is following you. And if you see someone follow you... there are several options:

1. Roll into a Police Station (but that's the wussy way)
2. Roll into a crowded parking lot and park there in hopes they'll get bored and leave you alone.

OR...

One of my friends taught me this trick: he rolls into an empty lot (big enough to do a donut) and watches for the car following him. The car who follows will obviously pretend to park in one of the spots to wait for him. He then in turn goes and does a donut-drift around the car making it known that "hey I see your azz!" 10/10 times the guys will stop following him. Who da heck wants to steal a car w/ a driver that crazy... might be packin' a shotgun in the back, ya never know!

On that note: (this is what happens when you follow the wrong guy home)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qh2Jed20wLk

3. (my fav) find a backroad and lose em! Chances are, they're gonna be driving some hooptie with no suspension mods whatsoever (9/10 times it's also a pre-1990's car.) They'll also be following fairly far behind to not make it so obvious. Best time to blast it through the corners and leave em in da duuust!
Old 03-30-2009, 10:42 AM
Jgrizzle

Do you think if you called the police before you took off it would be better when/if you get pulled over? I think at least youd have 911 in your cell phone. Of course if you are in VA you will probably get a ticket for loud exhaust and evading a criminal.
Old 03-30-2009, 11:10 AM
JohnnyHT

Just got the estimate from the dealership (faxed).

Totaly price with parts and labor: $8,384.36

This does NOT include towing.
Old 03-30-2009, 11:29 AM
Jgrizzle

towing is gonna be a ***** too. Have the dealer loan you some stockers for the tow... How they hell else would they get it on the truck?
Old 03-30-2009, 12:14 PM
spddmn124

is that going to be totalled?

Quick Reply: Awsome way to start out the morning... =/