Notices
Mid-Atlantic Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, Washington D.C.

Need an Opinion from all my Mid-A Brothers n Sisters! (not car-related)

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2009, 04:08 AM
Jgrizzle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Let him no its not cool with you or the old lady. Make sure the old lady knows you arent a big fan of it. I dont think it was appropriate especially since she felt the need to say something. But it seems like you have a great girl if she was like "so I think something happened that you would get mad at but im gonna tell yuo anyway it may or may not be a big deal but i want you to know." A girl doing that goes a long way with me.
Old 04-06-2009, 04:25 AM
Cass007
350Z-holic
Premier Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Jgrizzle
Let him no its not cool with you or the old lady. Make sure the old lady knows you arent a big fan of it. I dont think it was appropriate especially since she felt the need to say something. But it seems like you have a great girl if she was like "so I think something happened that you would get mad at but im gonna tell yuo anyway it may or may not be a big deal but i want you to know." A girl doing that goes a long way with me.
Grizz - no girl ever goes a long way with you.... first or second base tops.

J/K bro
Old 04-06-2009, 04:26 AM
JustxMCx21

Go WILL FERRELL mode on his ***!
Old 04-06-2009, 05:01 AM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Would not fly with me
Old 04-06-2009, 05:34 AM
Smitty??

it might be plotonic if you were a couple swingers and that was ur thing, but in ur case I would kick hiss a**
Old 04-06-2009, 06:32 AM
woodrow88

That friend would be no friend of mine anymore f that but then agian bro's before ho's
Old 04-06-2009, 07:06 AM
Jgrizzle

Originally Posted by Cass007
Grizz - no girl ever goes a long way with you.... first or second base tops.

J/K bro
True, but there is no kissing on the lips EVER. (at least thats what they say. "anything you want for $20 just no kissing on the lips.")
Old 04-06-2009, 07:28 AM
Mz.Bernadette™

This would deff not fly with me!! No bueno.
Old 04-06-2009, 07:42 AM
Z33@SIM

I've been on both sides of something similiar. I've cheated with my buddy's GF and I had a buddy that cheated with my gf before. All I have to say is that kinda stuff always start with something small. I know when I did it it started with a small kiss then we held hands then she would lay in my lap... well all I have to say one things leads to another. It always starts off with something innocent and you really dont want to even give something like this a chance to become something more then what it has already been.
Old 04-06-2009, 09:10 AM
bb1314
da Terminator!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm gonna put give my serious input (for once guys take me seriously). Stuff similar to this had happened to myself and buddies before. Not to the extend of a friend forcing a kiss on my girl. But a good friend was being extremely flirtatious with my girl to the point that I felt like it was really weird. The sucky part is that a confrontation would seem like I'm overreacting. I chose to confront and yes it ended the friendship. The funny part is that once the friendship ended, the "friend" started to go after my girl officially. His excuse was that we're not friends anymore so he doesn't need to consider how I feel. But that just further proved that I made the right decision on calling him out on that.

BTW: I'm not talking about my current gf.
Old 04-06-2009, 09:24 AM
abui01

As most of you know, I'm big on Respect and standing up for what you believe in... and 1 of those things I believe in is not calling anyone out... why you ask? Because if he was TRULY a real man who stood behind all his actions and had the ability to tell me to my face, "I believe I did nothing wrong," then I gladly welcome a comment on this thread proving everyone here otherwise. The past few days, I was hoping that he'd "accidently stumble" upon this thread and instead of not commenting, he'd be a real man and speak his mind for all to hear. At this point, it's not even about the kissing thing, it's about what you truly believe is righteous. And if you think that kissing/pecking/(wtf u wanna call it) someone else's gf is right, then state your case and prove your point! I welcome it 100%! It's easy to BS one person, but you cannot BS a BS'er. It's much harder to BS the hundreds of readers on my threads, so please for the love god, state your point!

PS. yes he's on the forum, yes most of you know him if not all, yes I've been losing sleep because one of my best buds pecked my gf on the lips, yes I've been pondering this over a month if not more, and yes - I never get over things.. and if you knew me: it's always to the death. I believe in problem solving and not problem sliding. I'll give you all smiles but that doesn't mean everytime I look at you I'll forget what you did.
Old 04-06-2009, 09:35 AM
tribal_visionz

oh, hell no!
Old 04-06-2009, 09:42 AM
gmueip
Hi Kids!

Fist to face seems to be the concensus. I would go with that, as I don't see how any straight male would see this as acceptable. (this excludes the nationalities that kiss each other multiple times to say hi)
Old 04-06-2009, 10:09 AM
Driven1
Professional

I see pecking on the lips differently than most of you here obviously...although I have a rather large European background and traditions in my family. I don't see it as awkward or wrong like most of you do, but the situations can be specific and circumstances can vary.

A peck on the lips to me can be acceptable amongst friends imo but there is a line that can be crossed and situations vary. A peck is different than a kiss...you can tell by the body language mainly and the situation in which it occurs. I have close female friends whom I peck on the lips (some of which are may be good friends moms, wives, or sisters even) and no one has ever seen it as me making advances on them or anything more than just platonic.

You also have to remember that it takes 2 to tango so to speak. The way I see it and treat it in the U.S. is too mainly follow the other person (since it's not all that common here)...if they go there then I don't see why I wouldn't? I have no interest in them that way and am just showing them respect, friendship, and being courteous in greeting or parting.

If some dude pecked my girl on the lips saying goodbye or hello....whatever....Im secure enough to understand that it is a form of respect for some. Im def not going to lose sleep over it...why?....mainly b/c she's probably at home in my bed every night, not out with some one else or playing shady games.

Now if there were other reason for me to suspect something further than just a platonic friendship....then that's a different story and some things other than a peck on the lips needs to be looked into.

For some reason American culture is much more insecure about platonic public displays of affection.
Old 04-06-2009, 10:54 AM
abui01

Originally Posted by Driven1
I see pecking on the lips differently than most of you here obviously...although I have a rather large European background and traditions in my family. I don't see it as awkward or wrong like most of you do, but the situations can be specific and circumstances can vary.
I totally agree! And if by chance that my gf happen to turn Euro on me overnight and the person at hand happened to be Euro too, then by all means I totally respect ppl's cultures and am totally cool w/ it if this was the case.

I have close female friends whom I peck on the lips (some of which are may be good friends moms, wives, or sisters even) and no one has ever seen it as me making advances on them or anything more than just platonic.
Which is understanding by all means, they're your friends and have been for years I safely assume. You guys have developed a tradition and have made this an acceptable thing. However, coming from the fact that my gf and "the person at hand" have never hung out 1on1, don't consider each other "close buddies" (like in your situation) or any of the above - being confronted with a surprise peck can be considered a bit out of the blue. Thus, that is why she came up to tell me to begin with. If it wasn't a big deal for her to mention, it wouldn't have been a big deal to me. Peck on the lips.. har har har.. so what right? Life goes on! But the fact that SHE was the one that felt uncomfortable with it, then it was a valid enough reason for me to bring it up.

If some dude pecked my girl on the lips saying goodbye or hello....whatever....Im secure enough to understand that it is a form of respect for some. Im def not going to lose sleep over it...why?....mainly b/c she's probably at home in my bed every night, not out with some one else or playing shady games.
It's not a matter of security or confidence, but a matter of respecting your friend's gf. Would he have done the exact same thing if I was standing right in front of him when he did it? (Maybe he can chime in) And coming from the fact that his only explanation was, "it was sort of those... in the moment things..." how would you feel if someone did something and all they could say to it was just that? "In the moment?" Like... give me a break.

Now if there were other reason for me to suspect something further than just a platonic friendship....then that's a different story and some things other than a peck on the lips needs to be looked into.
I could care less about the peck on the lips, but moreso on the reason why. It's sort of like... if you and her aint super tight and BFF, then don't go about "assuming" things are okay to do. I respect all my friend's and their gfs and I expect the exact same in return. People shouldn't "assume" things are okay and do it especially if they've never freakin' done it before in their lives. Which btw, made his case look even worse. (yes, I even asked him face to face... "have you EVER done this before w/ any of your female friends? And his answer was "No.") PS. I asked him, "why hadn't he done it with any of his other friend's gfs before?" And you know what his answer was? "Because I thought they'd take it the wrong way." So it's obviously not a matter of tradition/culture... so I wonder what it is? ...HmMm!!

And I'm sure you know who I'm talking about Robbie, you're a smart guy. Based on the facts given, could you honestly say this was acceptable? And last I checked, he wasn't Euro nor had participated in any sort of pecking/kissing in any way shape or form in the past. And his only explanation was, "it just sorta happened."

Last edited by abui01; 04-06-2009 at 11:00 AM.
Old 04-06-2009, 10:59 AM
bb1314
da Terminator!

Remind me not to get a Euro gf, I don't want no hairy white men pecking on my girl's lips.
Old 04-06-2009, 11:02 AM
C5_vette

For some reason American culture is much more insecure about platonic public displays of affection.
Robbie I am not sure where in Europe that tradition stems from?? I have been all over Western and Eastern Europe many times, and half of my family lives in the U.K.... and the greeting is either 2 or 3 kisses on the cheek depending what country you are in( 3 is generally in Switzerland only)..

I also lived in Turkey for 7 months and they are big on kissing as a greeting there as well, even men kiss eachother on the cheeks...

I have never in all the time I have spent over there seen someone kiss another on the lips as a greeting.. maybe its the norm in the groups you hang out with, but it is def not the norm in Europe however family and very close friends makes sense ofcourse...

also my comment has no bearing on the situation at hand, but just wanted to point out that pecking someone that is not a very good friend of family member on the lips as a greeting is not the norm in Europe..

Last edited by C5_vette; 04-06-2009 at 11:11 AM.
Old 04-06-2009, 12:25 PM
theKoosh

Originally Posted by C5_vette
I also lived in Turkey for 7 months and they are big on kissing as a greeting there as well, even men kiss eachother on the cheeks...

I have never in all the time I have spent over there seen someone kiss another on the lips as a greeting.. maybe its the norm in the groups you hang out with, but it is def not the norm in Europe however family and very close friends makes sense ofcourse...

also my comment has no bearing on the situation at hand, but just wanted to point out that pecking someone that is not a very good friend of family member on the lips as a greeting is not the norm in Europe..
i'm middle eastern and even though we'll kiss everyone (guys included) on the cheeks, there's no such thing as platonic kissing on the lips.
Old 04-06-2009, 12:56 PM
PhiSig
Wheel Whore

This situation is def kinda weird, esp with her being attached. I wouldn't dare do that and not expect somone to break their foot off in my azz.

Anyone ever watch old Family Feud from the 70s? That guy kisses everyone on the lips.

Old 04-06-2009, 12:59 PM
bsurdam
F-UR-ENZO

no way dude not acceptable. id mess him up.

Quick Reply: Need an Opinion from all my Mid-A Brothers n Sisters! (not car-related)