Notices
Mid-Atlantic Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, Washington D.C.

Need an Opinion from all my Mid-A Brothers n Sisters! (not car-related)

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2009, 01:38 PM
abui01

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Need an Opinion from all my Mid-A Brothers n Sisters! (not car-related)

If one of ur buddies becomes friends w/ ur gf/wife and they're all cool n stuff and one day at a party, before departing, he pecks her on the lips as a gesture of just plain friendly g'bye kissing or whatever. Does that fly w/ u?

If the answer is no, what if he told you, "it's just platonic friendly kissing."

Your gf/wife did not register this as anything romantic on her end either, but she found it weird enough to tell you about it that your best bud just pecked her on the lips by surprise.

She then explains to you the situation, "Well, I grabbed him to give him a peck on each cheek before he left, and before I knew it, he pecked me on the lips! I found it a little weird so I just wanted to let you know."

Of course being the good guy, you don't want to simply take 1 side of the story, so you go to your friend and ask him what was up. His explanation was:

"ohhh that event! It didn't mean anything, it just happened in the moment."

What would you think of your friend if his only explanation was "it was sort of those... in the moment things." Naww... Really?!

And then when you ask him if he felt as if he did anything wrong, he responds with, "I don't feel the need to apologize, because I feel like I've done nothing wrong."

Keep in mind that the man has never pecked any of his other friends girlfriends or female friends in general on the lips before, your gf/wife would be his first target and the first time he did anything like this. He then continues to tell you, "I figure if you do something normally, it'll just come naturally, so you should totally just try pecking your friends on the lips and they'll be perfectly fine with it." Huh? What? On the lips? This must be the new cool thing to do for 2009.

So back to the question, what would you think of your buddy if he pecks your gf/wife in a "platonic manner?" Is there even a platonic way to even kiss someone else's gf/wife? If there is... Hell I'd surely like to know! Lets just all go around kissing each other's gfs and female friends! Holla!
Old 04-03-2009, 01:53 PM
rkemp1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by abui01

If one of ur buddies becomes friends w/ ur gf/wife and they're all cool n stuff and one day at a party, before departing, he pecks her on the lips as a gesture of just plain friendly g'bye kissing or whatever. Does that fly w/ u?

If the answer is no, what if he told you, "it's just platonic friendly kissing."

Your gf/wife did not register this as anything romantic on her end either, but she found it weird enough to tell you about it that your best bud just pecked her on the lips by surprise.

She then explains to you the situation, "Well, I grabbed him to give him a peck on each cheek before he left, and before I knew it, he pecked me on the lips! I found it a little weird so I just wanted to let you know."

Of course being the good guy, you don't want to simply take 1 side of the story, so you go to your friend and ask him what was up. His explanation was:

"ohhh that event! It didn't mean anything, it just happened in the moment."

What would you think of your friend if his only explanation was "it was sort of those... in the moment things." Naww... Really?!

And then when you ask him if he felt as if he did anything wrong, he responds with, "I don't feel the need to apologize, because I feel like I've done nothing wrong."

Keep in mind that the man has never pecked any of his other friends girlfriends or female friends in general on the lips before, your gf/wife would be his first target and the first time he did anything like this. He then continues to tell you, "I figure if you do something normally, it'll just come naturally, so you should totally just try pecking your friends on the lips and they'll be perfectly fine with it." Huh? What? On the lips? This must be the new cool thing to do for 2009.

So back to the question, what would you think of your buddy if he pecks your gf/wife in a "platonic manner?" Is there even a platonic way to even kiss someone else's gf/wife? If there is... Hell I'd surely like to know! Lets just all go around kissing each other's gfs and female friends! Holla!
Thats a problem. IMHO there is nothing platonic about kissing a friend of the opposite sex on the lips. All platonic kisses are generally on the cheek or the top of the forehead. Not to mention the other shadiness associated with the fact that your GF didnt mutally agree to the lip kiss. I will put it to you like this...my buddy would apologize and never let it happen again or we wouldnt be friends anymore. If it happened again thats straight disrepect and my friend would get a foot in his a$$ but again this is just my personal opinion...to each his own.
Old 04-03-2009, 02:32 PM
C5_vette

seems very strange if it was not an accident... I have never heard of pecking on the lips as an accepted way of exchanging pleasantries with someones girl..

I just think its weird.. I would not worry about it much since the girl was caught off guard(as long as it was a one time thing), but its just strange IMO.....
Old 04-03-2009, 03:17 PM
citymunky

I would have kicked his *** if he said it was platonic friendly kissing.
Old 04-03-2009, 03:24 PM
Project3fiftyZ

Yeah that isn't normal. If I were in you shoes I would def have a problem with that...he gets no free pass because he is your boy either. Your girlfriends reaction sounds as if she was suprised by it as you are. I would think your friend tried to make a power play with a peck on the lips. If you were good friends with a girl you might exchange a kiss on the cheek but that is about it... My .02
Old 04-03-2009, 03:24 PM
Project3fiftyZ

Awesome pic by the way! lol
Old 04-03-2009, 04:06 PM
*ICE*

what kdrama show is that?
Old 04-04-2009, 05:48 AM
NX2KDET
Cpt. Nauti Raw

I would find it to be a problem lip kissing is for people that are for the most part sexually attracted to each other, I give girls quick pecks on the lips all the time but not ones that I keep in the friend zone.
Old 04-04-2009, 07:04 AM
ratm68

regardless of how it happened or the details behind it..if you're not comfortable...simply tell him that it's not cool and he should find a new platonic kissing buddy. if he can't somebody else..tell him that you foot is great at platonically kissing people on the lip.
Old 04-04-2009, 07:23 AM
Motormouth
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

evevrything is platonic up until the point there is penetration. totally cool.
Old 04-04-2009, 09:36 AM
ajcool2

I would **** him up. I wish my friend would kiss my girl on the lips! What kind of **** is that?!
Old 04-04-2009, 10:27 AM
KAT_Ayanami

I guess it that really happened it would be an issue.

First that buddy feels great about what happened (probably he had to change undies). Second, the girlfriend did not get angry about it.
So, who do you really blame the most? (besides "you" for asking without punching first)

I know for sure that if anybody pecks my wife in the lips (even when we were bf and gf) she would have beat the crap out of the guy!
Old 04-04-2009, 11:38 AM
Cass007
350Z-holic
Premier Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I will say let it slide this time. Tell your boy that your GF was a bit wierded out by it (as it seems she was) and tell him that you don't like it either. If it happens again, punch him in the face and ask him what part of "no kissing on the lips" did he not understand?

I hang in a group of 5 very tight-knit couples, all of us married. We joke around with each other alot, especially when drinking or vacationing together and mooning, *** grabbing and occasional flashing is not out of the ordinary. The girls are always greeted with hugs and kisses, but NEVER on the lips. Some lines you just don't cross. I will also say that there is a big difference between someone's wife and their GF IMO.
Old 04-04-2009, 12:35 PM
MDHRZ

Friendly fist to jaw.
Old 04-04-2009, 02:44 PM
ZIABLO
I am Batman

give him 1 chance to apologize, then let him kiss my fist, dragon style!
Old 04-04-2009, 05:21 PM
Armando

He would not be my buddy anymore. You can't let that **** slide man.
Old 04-05-2009, 05:37 AM
whitelightnin

That's f^ckin weird. Guarantee he's goin home to spank one out while he's thinking of your girl LOL! how do you feel about THAT??
Old 04-05-2009, 06:26 AM
abui01

Originally Posted by *ICE*
what kdrama show is that?
No clue, but I was always curious if other Asian countries have drama shows like Japan perhaps?

There must be at least ONE person that thinks this is acceptable! So far it's like:

20 - Nay
0 - ...yay?

Odds are definitely looking bad for this poor fella.
Originally Posted by whitelightnin
That's f^ckin weird. Guarantee he's goin home to spank one out while he's thinking of your girl LOL! how do you feel about THAT??
A lot of my buddies think my gf's attractive/cute... and i totally agree! However, most people know their boundaries and actually keep it on a real platonic level. Too bad I can't say the same for all... even tho they just miiiight be 1 of ur best buds.
Originally Posted by ZIABLO
give him 1 chance to apologize, then let him kiss my fist, dragon style!
Gave him that chance, and his response was: "I dont feel the need to apologize because I feel like I've done NOTHING wrong!"
Originally Posted by C5_vette
I have never heard of pecking on the lips as an accepted way of exchanging pleasantries with someones girl..
Me either! Maybe it's a JDM thing? That's why I totally had to ask for everyone's opinion since this totally had to be the cool new "trend" thing to do to one of your home boy's gfs.
Originally Posted by Project3fiftyZ
If you were good friends with a girl you might exchange a kiss on the cheek but that is about it... My .02
+100000 I guess some people get it, and some people don't!

Last edited by abui01; 04-05-2009 at 06:43 AM.
Old 04-05-2009, 09:10 AM
theKoosh

Originally Posted by abui01
woulda punched him in the face and claimed that it too, was one of those "in the moment" things. aside from that, ditto to what everyone else said.
Old 04-06-2009, 03:57 AM
KManZ
Banned

Kiss his gf/ future gf on the lips and go from there.

In my opinion, what he did was messed up, enough to where it will affect your future relationship with him. He already seems like an *** seeing as how he wronged you and your girlfriend and won't admit he stepped on some toes and apologize. There is the whole 'bro's-b4-ho's' rule you must adhere to, but this goes well beyond that: even if you and your current gf don't work out long term, the fact still remains that he disrespected you, and bro's don't do that.

Vote this guy off the island.

Last edited by KManZ; 04-06-2009 at 04:01 AM.

Quick Reply: Need an Opinion from all my Mid-A Brothers n Sisters! (not car-related)