Notices
Motorsports The Z in its Natural Habitat

Z vs. Lightning

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2003, 01:50 AM
gotti

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

huh? your telling me the new lighting(wish would get hit by) is quicker then the srt 10? the ram does 0-60 in 5 flat. Maybe Ford has adjusted there numbers and made some new HP thing but I'm not to sure that the lightning will destroy it, I may be wrong but guess what.....FORD
Old 06-07-2003, 01:55 AM
gotti

You may be confusing yourself with Hemi ram Demon cause there is NO way in He** a current lightning is gonna destroy a SRT-10 Ram. Off the line in the 1/4 or top speed a current lightning is not gonna touch the SRT-10......BTW, FORD
Old 06-07-2003, 01:57 AM
gotti

Originally posted by BlackDemon
Overrated....
A current Lightning will outrun the new dodge....

The new 5.4 DOHC S/C'ed Lightning with the supercooler will simply destroy it....

The new Lightning will be very badass
Old 06-07-2003, 06:10 AM
JamRWS6

The 5.4 DOHC Lightning with the 'supercooler' they are proposing would no doubt toast the dodge....plus you could always throw on a pulley a voila.....more booooooooost.
Old 06-07-2003, 09:10 AM
BlackDemon

Originally posted by gotti
You may be confusing yourself with Hemi ram Demon cause there is NO way in He** a current lightning is gonna destroy a SRT-10 Ram. Off the line in the 1/4 or top speed a current lightning is not gonna touch the SRT-10......BTW, FORD
Ignorance is bliss....
Old 06-07-2003, 09:19 AM
NoRulzat140 MPH

srt 10....500 hp..525 lb/ft of torue.....top speed in excess of 150 mph. 1/4 mile in the low mid 13's, whichisi exactly what the friggin lightning is..so they are a good macth, but the srt 10 is overrated
Old 06-07-2003, 09:31 AM
BlackDemon

FORD
I think someone has gotten beatdown by a few Ford's....

It must burn you up to know that a Ford TRUCK can beat you in a 1/4 race....
Let alone their trademark sports car the Cobra
Old 06-07-2003, 11:14 PM
gotti

I think someone has gotten beatdown by a few Ford's....

It must burn you up to know that a Ford TRUCK can beat you in a 1/4 race....
Let alone their trademark sports car the Cobra

No it doesn't bother me at all cause like it was said b 4 you throw some curves in and bam the ford truck(more like ford crap) becomes a small spark and no longer a lightning. My obvious dislike for ford is not because I've gotten burned by them but because ford sucks. Period. As far as the cobra goes, I hope I would get burned by a 400 some hp car. As far as me gettin mad about a truck let alone a car from ford beating me.....these are SVT products not stock production cars, I'm pretty sure if Nissan had a vehicle team like ford does then the Z would be a sure contender for whatever. Tell you what demon....you goto the ford dealership and ask them for a stock f-150/mustang and i'll goto Nissan and ask them for a stock Z and suddenly it's not so even anymore huh? Also, the cobra is NOT a sports car, the G35 can outrun the cobra in the road coarse. It may be a muscle car to some but to me it's garbage.

P.S. When do we start talking about how the Z is a better choice then the svt lightning? It just seems like there is more negitive about the Z in this thread then there are positive.

P.S.S. FORD
Old 06-08-2003, 05:17 AM
tbcz

Gotti, it's "P.P.S.", not "P.S.S."...

Oh, and stop picking fights with the pissing on Ford. We all know you don't like Ford...to continue posting this is simply trolling and will result in warnings and/or banning.
Old 06-08-2003, 07:11 AM
NoRulzat140 MPH

i have to say, i agree with u ALMOST, but the g35 will NOT outrun a cobra, cuz if u'd some research, which i have , the new cobras handling is superb, a magazine i have they test driveit on a road coourse, the cobra blew away the competetion. the cobra was desgned as a track car, it doesnt give u that " i cant control you" feeling, according to the test drivers. now i perosnally dont like ford, and their **** in my opinion is crap also, but gotta give credit, where credit is due. and the new cobra for the price, is a total performance package STEAL.

Last edited by NoRulzat140 MPH; 06-08-2003 at 07:14 AM.
Old 06-08-2003, 09:17 AM
JamRWS6

No it doesn't bother me at all cause like it was said b 4 you throw some curves in and bam the ford truck(more like ford crap) becomes a small spark and no longer a lightning. My obvious dislike for ford is not because I've gotten burned by them but because ford sucks. Period. As far as the cobra goes, I hope I would get burned by a 400 some hp car. As far as me gettin mad about a truck let alone a car from ford beating me.....these are SVT products not stock production cars, I'm pretty sure if Nissan had a vehicle team like ford does then the Z would be a sure contender for whatever. Tell you what demon....you goto the ford dealership and ask them for a stock f-150/mustang and i'll goto Nissan and ask them for a stock Z and suddenly it's not so even anymore huh? Also, the cobra is NOT a sports car, the G35 can outrun the cobra in the road coarse. It may be a muscle car to some but to me it's garbage.

P.S. When do we start talking about how the Z is a better choice then the svt lightning? It just seems like there is more negitive about the Z in this thread then there are positive.

P.S.S. FORD
Put down the crack pipe.....throw in some curves and a 03 Cobra will STILL leave you in the dust. That car is the complete package deal....handles awesome with 390HP.....that car is BADASS! And this is coming from a GM guy!!
Old 06-08-2003, 09:22 AM
NoRulzat140 MPH

Put down the crack pipe.....throw in some curves and a 03 Cobra will STILL leave you in the dust. That car is the complete package deal....handles awesome with 390HP.....that car is BADASS! And this is coming from a GM guy!!

EXACTLY
Old 06-11-2003, 08:16 PM
Silver Snake

Ignorance is bliss....
amen to that