Notices
Motorsports The Z in its Natural Habitat

13.64@103.28mph at Sac Raceway

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2003, 07:03 PM
elektrik_juggernaut

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My last best 1/4 was a 13.9....so between the pullies and the tires i picked up 3 tenths and about 2-3 mph......I'm not sure yet on the exact HP gain from the pullies.....i believe somewhere in the neighborhood of 10HP......it will be several weeks before my next dyno, so i can't really say for sure just yet.....even then i may be getting gains from the new exhaust that i should have on by that time.....maybe i'll be able to roughly calculate the gains once i get my new dyno done

AngelGT2000, it was about 70-75 degrees......didn't feel like much humidity either

As far as the intake spacer, i think you're talking about the Crawford Plenum.....VandyZ just got his installed and wrote a nice review on it......should be in the Mods section
Old 06-15-2003, 07:35 PM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Thumbs up

Nice time, how much tire pressure do you run on these tires your using? I like your trap speed, it makes me want an intake, seems like people with intakes have no problem trapping 103+ it seems to me like the stock airbox could do 102mph with good conditions but I want to trap at 104....nice job on the 13.6 and keep up the 1.9 60ft's.
Old 06-15-2003, 09:55 PM
elektrik_juggernaut

I made the mistake of running at 35psi.......next time at the track i'll go to 25psi for sure......hopefully drop another tenth with a bigger contact patch
Old 06-16-2003, 10:00 AM
12SecZ

Hey EJ run those babies at 20 cold.

Trust me Some have took them all the way down to 18.

I ran some slicks at 16 once (16 hot), crazy yeah, but yours are custom. Try 25 then 23 then 20 I wouldn't go lower than that but I think at around 20 cold they will be optimum for launch.

Get in line for the Intake and drop another .2 at 19HP peak (make ya famous!)

Try 25 but I would even go lower.

Damn I love these weekends off but I sure miss my Wed Fri track nights!

Let's arrange a Saturday after my manifold is on etc and be out there. Don't they have a CMI event coming up or something, I need to check the schedule.

Can't wait!

Sorry about the pic it was a joke but tell her I apoligize (seriuosly) she is a nice person and I wouldn't want her posting pics of my ugly azz ha-ha! Back on track.

I bet you can get a 1.8 60 foot at 20psi and sub .600 RT!

It's friggen hot though, supposed to be over 100 today!

Hey when my Intake arrives you wanna come over and help me? Just you and I can do the intake and grounding kit. Red Bull is on me Bro!

Last edited by 12SecZ; 06-16-2003 at 10:07 AM.
Old 06-16-2003, 10:07 AM
12SecZ

Default Trying to edit posts results in a database error

Anwayz,

Hey when my Intake arrives you wanna come over and help me? Just you and I can do the intake and grounding kit. Red Bull is on me Bro!
Old 06-16-2003, 01:42 PM
elektrik_juggernaut

Sounds good i wanna take a look at that thing.....did you get your car back yet?.....how does it look?
Old 06-16-2003, 05:15 PM
reelmcoy

Originally posted by MaxHax

I bet you can get a 1.8 60 foot at 20psi and sub .600 RT!
!
reaction time has nothing to do with ET. FYI
Old 06-16-2003, 08:11 PM
12SecZ

We bracket race inn Sac so it's a good habit to get into.
I know you can sit there and let Car A launch and just wait and still get the same ET but that's a bad habit to get into.

Besides a good RT is always something one should practice.

If car A leaves at .525 with a 14.0 dial in and you (Car B) leave at
1.2 (it's happened at Sac) with a 14.0 dial in you lose, no more racing.

EJ has cut his RT's in half with launch after launch after launch
so why change his techinque? It works for him.

Last edited by 12SecZ; 06-16-2003 at 08:24 PM.
Old 06-16-2003, 08:18 PM
12SecZ

did you get your car back yet?.....how does it look?
Of course not, that would be too easy lol. In a perfecvt world etc etc. Ya Know??

My days off end and I go back to work tomorow in my SUV again!

They said that the body shop will be done with it tomorow and then it goes to Future for the tires and rims (I guess they outsource the body kit labor to a nearby Body Shop.)

Pics will be up the day I get it Bro! As soon as the Intake is here I will call you for a drop buy before install. Maybe before install pics for all would be a good thing. Sort of a before and after would be cool because even the STB is different.

Good Luck Friday if I don't see or hear from you. It's supposed to cool down 10 degrees by then!

I don't think I am going to make CMI 20/21st looks like July 12th 4pm for me!

I will be there!!!
Old 06-17-2003, 12:18 AM
elektrik_juggernaut

Your car didn't go too far.....they use the body shop right across the street .......that will be cool when it's all done.........BTW, i found a local tuner that said his boys can do the SAFC-II install....but i'm having trouble waiting for my exhaust before i install the SAFC-II......maybe i'll get it put on, and then re-tune after my exhaust gets here.....i dunno.......maybe i just gotta learn patience
Old 06-17-2003, 09:40 AM
Traffic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think 13.64 is the non-boosted forum record!

Can I ask what your technique is for launching??
Old 06-17-2003, 12:12 PM
12SecZ

Thanks EJ you were right, it's called Cook's Body Shop and I just spoke with them.

And yes I think that would be a N/A record for this board!

As for July 12th I just relaized I am doing a one time graveyard gig from 9pm to 5am (work related) that breaks up my weekend.

EJ, let's shoot for that CMI Import deal I can make that and get some track times *before* I switch intakes makes more sense and Import Nights are fun! Let's reprezent!

Z you there!
Old 06-17-2003, 11:25 PM
elektrik_juggernaut

Originally posted by Daytona
I think 13.64 is the non-boosted forum record!

Can I ask what your technique is for launching??
Wow, i didn't even realize! Cool!

Even with the "custom tires", i don't launch at anything over 3K.....maybe i could go higher if i dropped the psi to 20

Originally posted by MaxHax
EJ, let's shoot for that CMI Import deal I can make that and get some track times *before* I switch intakes makes more sense and Import Nights are fun! Let's reprezent!
Sounds good!.....it'll probably be hot as hell, but it'll be lots of fun!
Old 06-17-2003, 11:57 PM
12SecZ

Thumbs up New Board N/A Record congrats to EJ!

I'll bring the secret cool down mods and energy drinks you bring the custom tires and the other secret ECU mod we haven't told anyone about.

As for the heat at least our tires will stick. We made need spadeS AND SHOVELS to pull the tires off the concrete after the burnouts.

Really though beileve it or not it's supposed to start cooling down!

http://www.thekcrachannel.com/weather/ 99 today 89 Sunday that's 10 degrees! Mybe 20 degrees if we wait till 8pm!

Yeah, wierd huh? We got a an Emergency Broadcost Severe Weather alert at work for some counties up north, thunderstorms, rock size hail thunder etc. This is mid June right?

It's gonna be fun though, but packed you know that! They close after 250 cars I think so I will be there early (no really this time I swear lol.)
Old 06-18-2003, 08:35 AM
elektrik_juggernaut

So that's this Saturday and Sunday right?......12 noon on Saturday, and 8 am on Sunday?.....I hope they let me keep the car number i had at Test 'n' Tune, "350" .......i won't have my ECM mod by that time............now that i know there's a real race event, i kinda wish i had it done already
Old 06-18-2003, 11:47 AM
12SecZ

Have you ever filled out a Tech Card that lists your mods?

If you do you will start getting mail from the track, it's cool. Calenders and stuff.

That Philipino lady with the radio is the one that issues tech numbers and they are permenent numbers, not mandatory but easier if you race allot. You have to get it where you climb the stairs to get your slips on Test N Tune Nights at the top of the tower.
Old 06-18-2003, 05:16 PM
elektrik_juggernaut

.....Yeah, i've filled out lots of tech cards.....haven't gotten any mail from them......right on about the numbers......i like that one
Old 06-18-2003, 11:52 PM
12SecZ

You got 350 as you tech #??? Awe man you dog!

Good for you though that's SWEET!

No more tech then and no more cards just get in line and put 350 on the windows. Brandon had some real good stuff from Jeggs. Best I have used. I think it's called White On or something, I have a bottle too in the garage.

That "Chevy" girl I will never borrow her white bottle again it took windex and elbow grease to get that off.

My car's body kit is fully installed and painted they said at 610pm (I was at work), so tomorow they do one final application then send it accross the street to do the rims and hopefully I drive it home!

I read good things about these Falken Tires they are japenese not German turns out.

I'm going out there first thing tomorow they said they want to show me the match before they put on the last coat. Good people there except they left the stupid message on my machine and the wife heard it they were supposed to call my Nextel (yanks hair out!)

Ready for new times? Got any ideas? Weather looks good.
Old 06-19-2003, 12:44 AM
elektrik_juggernaut

I dunno if their gonna let me keep that # or not......that would mean i don't have to tech anymore????......they remembered me this last time, and i didn't have to tech.......they didn't even leave the tower, they just told me to write "350" on my car.....does that mean no more teching for me?

So your car's all ready to go then?......and you're getting your package in the mail, right?......i'll try to take off earlier on Friday so we can do the install......do you have some good lights if we gotta do it at night?......after work i gotta run home and pick up my pit crew......then i'll come by your place.........sound good?.......just promise me you won't do any all motor runs!!!!.....then i'll lose my N/A record!!!!....LOL
Old 06-19-2003, 09:57 AM
12SecZ

LOL,

My best motor run was 13.9 but that was stock tires but no I won't go there with you, I just want a N20 12.

Yeah once you get a 3 digit tech # your done no need to tech in. That's what the number is for just roll straight up to lane 3 since your tech number starts with 3.

You will notice the *temporary* tech #'s are 4 digit yours is permemnet don't fill out any more cards keep that number and just get a bottle of white on (don't use shoe polish like some idiots out there suggest get some good stuff. Even the Wlmart 2 dollar stuff works good (in the auto section) or use mine.

Yeah right accross the street got me lost and disgusted early this morning!

It's about 4 blocks away man! I don't live in Roseville I was driving around the dang Auto Mall looking for the place! It's way down by Cattleman's! I saw the kit ll painted in Daytona Blue (sweet) and all they have to do is slap it on drive it to the dealer and let Ken handle the rims and I'm good to go they said today at 3pm.

As for the intake I have 2 drop lights and we can light up my garage like a lab if we have too! Plus the garage light and a fan and a CD Player. When are we doing this? Friday I work till midnight!

Saturday it starts at what noon? I'm off Sat, Sun, Mon.

The Plenum is Priority Overnight guaranteed so I expect it hopefully before noon! But today I work till midnight too!

I work 4 long days but the 3 days off works for me. I used to have a 3 digit tech number on my Z28 that started with 4 and I was told just to pull up to lane 4 every wednesday so just line up in lane 3! You got lucky with that number man! Things are looking up!

Having Brandon as a friend seems to make teching a little easier, your teched bud, you are supposed to update the card only when you do mods but once you get the number you are good to go unless you do something crazy like remove you cats increase your decibles by 50db and blaze up to the staging line with your window down waving at them

Last edited by 12SecZ; 06-19-2003 at 10:18 AM.

Quick Reply: 13.64@103.28mph at Sac Raceway