MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion

MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion (https://my350z.com/forum/)
-   Motorsports (https://my350z.com/forum/motorsports-24/)
-   -   m3 beat by me!!!!!! (https://my350z.com/forum/motorsports/33772-m3-beat-by-me.html)

y2k3350z 06-22-2003 12:30 AM

m3 beat by me!!!!!!

O.k. we were on I-10 going west to el paso, when I encounter a m3 and pass him going about 80 mph in 5th, when I see his hid's in my rear view mirror about 4 car lenghts, I taunt him flooring it and slowing down. Then I see him gaining on me, thats when I decided to throw it into 4th and punch it!!!!!
He punches too, cause I could see that he's keeping up and not gaining nor being left behind so we were doin about 100 mph. My friend tells me " Hey dawg slow down man were doin over a hundred." I said fu!* it man lets see whats up!!!! So I hit 6th goin 120 mph, when I see him starting to want to gain on me when I threw it back to 5th and started to gain what I had lost, next thing you know I look I'm doing 135 mph keeping my eye on the road and I tell my friend " Bro were doing 137 mph." He's like fu*! were gonna die, thats when I looked in my rear view and he was like 6-7 car lenghts behind. I think he got scared, cause I know that with the torque on that m3 ( by the way it was like a 2001-2002, 333hp) he would have beat me, but It came down to the one who had the biggest balls My friend being a bmw lover specially an m3 he was disgusted with the way the guy was driving it it was sorry. But oh well 2night was my night and thats another one to add to my kill book. Thanks for reading, i hope you enjoy. also by the way I was all stock. I wish I would have had my borla true dual, my injen cai, and my grouding kit installed ( I haven't had the chance to install any ofthem yet).

__________________:icon04: :icon4: :D :cool: :) :p

jackie chan 06-22-2003 07:46 AM

:rolleyes:

DamianZ 06-22-2003 08:09 AM

nice race? Why didn't you let the M3 get nose to nose and race from there at a roll? Why from a start of four car lengths? Oh, and are you from El Paso, Tx?
Damian.

2003 350z Enthusiast 5sp Auto

92hatchattack 06-22-2003 12:26 PM

blah blah blah --- i c m3's all the time at the track -- and there SO FAST......... really though --- u gotta drive em right i guess-- i havent seen a m3 run faster that 13.8 at the track yet...hmmmmmm must all be crappy drivers

y2k3350z 06-22-2003 05:48 PM

Sorry guys i guess this isn't a kill story for you guys, but for me it was a rush if the m3 wanted to he could have gained on me and passed me up, I know my friends dad has one and they are fast but not that much faster than the 350. now if its the emg edition thats a whole different story. All I know is that I had the bigger balls last night:icon04: and thats one in my book.:)

bobS 06-23-2003 09:30 AM

what is emg?

y2k3350z 06-23-2003 10:32 AM

I'm sorry it was SMG special edition transmission, I guess it's better than the stock one.

bobS 06-23-2003 10:55 AM

no smg is the new tranny out by bmw that has no clutch and can be used as an auto tranny or the way a manual would be used. It electronically shifts about as fast if not faster than a average manual driver could. I don't know the exact specs on it but i know it isn't any faster than the manual tranny m3.

soon 06-23-2003 02:00 PM

the SMG is not an automatic trannsmision, it is a sequential manual transmission (S.M.G) you cannot run it in automatic mode. also at its highest setting it can shift gears in less than a tenth of a second, thats alot faster than any of us can do it. also an interesting side note on sequential gearboxes. the transmission on the rally WRX impreza ($70,000) can shif from first through to sixth and back again to first in the same time an average racer can shift manually from first to second.

OC_350Z 06-23-2003 02:11 PM

1. S.M.G. does have a clutch. The clutch is controlled by the computer when you actived it (shift either by paddles or on the gear shift)

2. I has many different settings ranging from super quick shifts to slow shifts depending on what you want. You can change this setting while moving in the car.

3. The S.M.G. does have a full automatic mode.

4. E46 M3 is very fast and could beat our cars on top end. Maybe the driver didn't feel like getting his 50k+ impounded for traveling over 100MPH

bobS 06-24-2003 04:41 AM

When i said no clutch i meant u don't actually have to push the clutch to change gears like on a normal manual car....and it does have full automatic mode as Oc_350z said. Thanks for clearing that up

OC_350Z 06-24-2003 11:21 AM

Originally posted by bobS
When i said no clutch i meant u don't actually have to push the clutch to change gears like on a normal manual car....and it does have full automatic mode as Oc_350z said. Thanks for clearing that up
Yeah the SMG is a great transmition. The BMW's version actualy shifts faster than the Modena's SMG. A friend of mine is getting one, I'll drive it and let you know how it is.

Quick note: even thought the SMG shifts faster than a manual, it's 0-60 times and 1/4 times are a bit slower. The US versions don't really have a "Launch Control" like the Euro cars have. The average 0-60 time for a SMG E46 M3 (hard top) is around 5.0 secs. The guy I know is getting a convertable, it will be interesting to see if I can beat him. I'll let you guys know.