Notices
Motorsports The Z in its Natural Habitat

Race w/ Evo8 Becomes Mad Dash From The Law!

Old 06-22-2003, 11:25 PM
IndySmooth

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oh yeah. Anything 25 or more over the limit in any state, as far as I know, and they're supposed to put you in cuffs immediately for public endangerment and wreckless driving.
Old 06-22-2003, 11:26 PM
slay2k

You guys are ****ing insane to run from the cops, ahah.

I'd like to see a Z be in one of those "high speed chase" videos though.. wouldn't like to see it get caught, however =\
Old 06-22-2003, 11:36 PM
Fanman

Default Anything over triple digits

In CA. it is anything over triple digits is felony speeding. My brother is a CHP helicopter pilot and they have FLIR. It can spot anybody easily as day even if they are hiding in a bush off the road in the dead of night. But most helicopters top out in the 120's. I was once driving back from San Fran. to LA and was doing 105+ mph in a Dodge Durango no less, and I saw the police on the other side so I pulled off at the next station and got McDonalds for a bit. Didn't help though as later on I got caught for doing 98 mph going over the grapevine. .
Old 06-23-2003, 12:46 AM
syf0n

I am sure we don't have FLIR in New Orleans or we would have been roasted by now. Anything in New Orleans relating to driving (roads, insurance, drivers, etc.) is notoriously bad. Just by the nature of how ghetto everything here is I am assuming NOPD will be the last police dept. in the country to invest in this FLIR technology you speak of.

I am very interested in what sort of cameras it uses to work. Can anyone explain it to me or show me links?
Old 06-23-2003, 06:04 AM
toykilla

Originally posted by slay2k
You guys are ****ing insane to run from the cops, ahah.

I'd like to see a Z be in one of those "high speed chase" videos though.. wouldn't like to see it get caught, however =\
It is HIGHLY unlikely that high speed chases that got away will ever be shown to the public. That would just encourage alot of people to try. Instead they feed us tons of footage of high speed chases with guys that are too high/drunk to know how to escape.

And about the helicopter issue, even if they top out at 120, they can fly higher and have a HUGE field of vision. They arent there to pull you over, only to provide "eagle eyes" for the cops on the ground. Just a quick radio ahead and you might have a roadblock over the next hill
Old 06-23-2003, 06:36 AM
John

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by GaryK
Putting on my nomex for this....

but, you sir are a dumbass. Not only for the obvious reasons, but also because you're posting on a public message forum about how you successfully evaded the police. Unless you aren't really Richard Thompson from Savannah.

Have a nice day
Like Gary, I'm shocked that you would post such jackassery on a public message board. "So anyhow, the Evo turned off and we kept going. I would say the three of us were weaving at 150+ MPH for a good 2 miles." Stunnarific activities like this will land you in jail, hopefully sooner than later, as I despise being on roads when people like you drive like this.
Old 06-23-2003, 06:42 AM
John

And how could I forget this reminder...
Attached Thumbnails Race w/ Evo8 Becomes Mad Dash From The Law!-darwin.gif  
Old 06-23-2003, 08:04 AM
syf0n

Originally posted by Hedonist
Like Gary, I'm shocked that you would post such jackassery on a public message board. "So anyhow, the Evo turned off and we kept going. I would say the three of us were weaving at 150+ MPH for a good 2 miles." Stunnarific activities like this will land you in jail, hopefully sooner than later, as I despise being on roads when people like you drive like this.
Oh, boo hoo for you. Yeah, and I admitted my idiocy in my initial post. So what's your point? If your point is that I'm to be the next darwin award, good for you. I'm not. I have reflexes solid enough to drive at those speeds, and if I didn't trust myself at 150MPH+ I wouldn't have done it. I am not denying the stupidness of the whole thing because it was a public road and not a track. More importantly, I am not denying the stupidness of this because any speed like that is a danger to anyone else on the road. But you sitting here and trolling isn't very productive, because you're bitching about things I already know.

If I could close this thread I would, it has far outlived its usefulness and the last thing I need is a flock of trolls coming down on me.
Old 06-23-2003, 08:59 AM
RoadRagerInTherapy

(A) You were dumb enough to do it.
(B) You were dumb enough to post it in a public forum.
(C) You should at least be smart enough to accept the public's confirmation of facts (A) and (B).

You're lucky to have not killed yourself or others.

Keep it up and you may not be so lucky someday.
Old 06-23-2003, 09:20 AM
GaryK

Originally posted by syf0n
I have reflexes solid enough to drive at those speeds, and if I didn't trust myself at 150MPH+ I wouldn't have done it.
Ah, this is where you are wrong. Nobody has reflexes good enough to justify 150mph on public roads. Lose that attitude and take it to the track to see how good you really are.
Old 06-23-2003, 09:26 AM
John

I have reflexes solid enough to drive at those speeds, and if I didn't trust myself at 150MPH+ I wouldn't have done it.
LOL! That's the funniest thing I've heard all day! For one, do you realize that your headlights don't offer then necessary visibility for those speeds? At those speeds, things go wrong at an exponential rate, and the Z's suspension isn't designed to dance around predictably. How much actual track experience do you have? I'm going to wager that you have none, since you wouldn't be posting such a story here.
Old 06-23-2003, 09:37 AM
djkern
Banned

how do you guys know that he hasn't modified the suspension, changed out the headlights....has been a track superstar for ages....you guys all don't know what the details of his car or his experince are. you all just jump to conslusions....
Old 06-23-2003, 09:47 AM
toykilla

i would rather ride with someone who is driving 150 and actually DRIVING, than with 90% of the other population out there who apparently believe their cars have autopilot... a great majority of accidents occur at or well below the posted speed limits ( if my memory serves me correct most fatalities occur around 35mph). Why? because people dont pay attention..

If you want to give someone the darwin award, give it to a deserving individual... the girl putting on mascara (spelling?), drinking coffee, talking on the cell phone and trying to shift into 3rd all at the same time ...then plowing into the car infront of her. (this happens!)

I have driven by people reading books, looking/digging around in the back seat, reading every sign off of the road, birdwatching,etc.. i hope you see what im getting at.

i am not trying to justify what i or the other individual who started this thread have done/do... i just want to
Old 06-23-2003, 09:52 AM
GaryK

Originally posted by djkern
how do you guys know that he hasn't modified the suspension, changed out the headlights....has been a track superstar for ages....you guys all don't know what the details of his car or his experince are. you all just jump to conslusions....
Don't need to know all that. Michael Schumacher can't justify driving like this on public roads. And I don't think this guy is that good. Although I think someone with track experience that knows and understands the dynamics of a car at speed is more "qualified" to drive at stupid speeds on public roads, track skills don't make it ok...if anything I have seen that those with track experience have more sense about these things. Its the over confident wannabe track superstars that pull this crap. And as far as modified suspension or higher power headlights...c'mon man, you have to be kidding.

To all you guys that think you can justify this ******** with your driving skills or the mods on your car, I'll say it again....take it to the track. I think most of you will find it to be a humbling experience.
Old 06-23-2003, 10:25 AM
John

Yeah, sure there were a lot of "what if's"... What if a deer jumped out? What if there was a tree limb in the road? What if...
Fact is that race cars that compete at night have auxiliary race lighting, safety equipment, and drive on a closed course with relatively predictible conditions.

What infuriates me about this thread is that many of you joke and egg the author on, when in fact, there are some indirect consequences of his actions. Ever heard of insurance rates? Jackasses that drive like this are the ones that drive your insurance rates up since rates are based on statistics. Way to go buddy...
Old 06-23-2003, 11:11 AM
DumbGenius

Autobahn. Isn't it true that there is no speeding limit there. I wonder if people actually do 150+ there?

Just curious.
Old 06-23-2003, 11:19 AM
djkern
Banned

Originally posted by DumbGenius
Autobahn. Isn't it true that there is no speeding limit there. I wonder if people actually do 150+ there?

Just curious.
there are less deaths on the autobahn in a year than there are in the US in like a month. people say "speed kills"....i say "bad drivers kill". drive as fast as you want if you are a good driver.
Old 06-23-2003, 11:43 AM
toykilla

there are less deaths on the autobahn in a year than there are in the US in like a month. people say "speed kills"....i say "bad drivers kill". drive as fast as you want if you are a good driver.
i tried to make that point already
Old 06-23-2003, 11:54 AM
djkern
Banned

Originally posted by toykilla
i tried to make that point already
hey....at least we agree with one another.

so, Hedonist and GaryK....would you go complain everywhere if you lived in germany and someone flew by you on the autobahn going super fast? cause, i know many people that have driven far above 150 on the autobanh. are they bad people? it's not against the law...so, they are free to do whatever they want.
Old 06-23-2003, 11:59 AM
GaryK

I agree that bad drivers kill...and of course there are varying definitions of bad drivers. But that doesn't matter....even if you really are the best driver, how can you predict what all these "bad drivers" are gonna do. You know that most don't use their mirrors...what happens when at the last second one whips out in front of you from an adjacent lane? In a lot of situations, your supposed driving skill isn't going to matter.

Out of curiosity, define "good driver"....

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Race w/ Evo8 Becomes Mad Dash From The Law!