Notices
Motorsports The Z in its Natural Habitat

Top Speed GPS'd the Z last night

Old 07-15-2003, 11:25 PM
JamRWS6

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Top Speed GPS'd the Z last night

Originally posted by xZlr8
You were the only one who replied to my statement. You're name is JamRWS6. It was also a bunch of LS1 drivers who originally called BS on the 158mph story calling it speedo error. Hope that cures your "wondering" problem.
You didn't understand what I was saying....why must you bring some race you had with a LS1 (not on topic) into this topic?? b/c some LS1 guy called BS on you in another thread??

I don't see why a lot of you guys feel the need to say "oh yea I was this close to a LS1 and he stopped pulling"....are you trying to impress us or somthing?

I'm here to learn about the Z not listen to what some of you guys theoretical races are. I don't want to come across as ugly or nasty but don't take one race with some LS1 you think was racing as a respresentation of what a car is capable of (this goes for all cars).
And since there is a "wondering" problem here i will go ahead and tell you your car is NOT in the league of a LS1 powered car in terms of straight line acceleration. The Z handles awesome but don't make it somthing its not.....it is not a drag queen nor does it have the HP or gearing to be a highway car either.
Peace out.

EDIT: This isn't intended for everyone.....some of you know what your cars are capable of...just as I do. However some of you are plain dillusional. G'day
Old 07-16-2003, 01:07 AM
xZlr8

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Top Speed GPS'd the Z last night

Originally posted by JamRWS6
You didn't understand what I was saying....why must you bring some race you had with a LS1 (not on topic) into this topic?? b/c some LS1 guy called BS on you in another thread??

I don't see why a lot of you guys feel the need to say "oh yea I was this close to a LS1 and he stopped pulling"....are you trying to impress us or somthing?

I'm here to learn about the Z not listen to what some of you guys theoretical races are. I don't want to come across as ugly or nasty but don't take one race with some LS1 you think was racing as a respresentation of what a car is capable of (this goes for all cars).
And since there is a "wondering" problem here i will go ahead and tell you your car is NOT in the league of a LS1 powered car in terms of straight line acceleration. The Z handles awesome but don't make it somthing its not.....it is not a drag queen nor does it have the HP or gearing to be a highway car either.
Peace out.

EDIT: This isn't intended for everyone.....some of you know what your cars are capable of...just as I do. However some of you are plain dillusional. G'day
No one called BS on me. It was someone else who posted that they had ran up to 158 in another thread and a bunch of LS1 drivers started saying it was speedo error; implying that the Z can't run up to those speeds. 287hp is plenty of power to get the car there and yes, THE GEARING WILL ALLOW IT.

As for being here to learn about the Z, it's interesting that 95% of your posts are in the racing forum "correcting" Z owners on races that you didn't witness.

Trying to impress you?? Is that a joke? I couldn't care less about a firebird or camaro for that matter. Every zit faced little punk teenager around here has one and most people can't tell the difference between a v6 and a v8. And FYI, the firebird is NOT in the Z's league in ANY catagory except straigtline accel. You can have your low 13's. I'll settle for high 13's and run circles around you on a road course and rest easy at night knowing i didn't buy a GM product.

Flame on man, i've said what i need to say, but i'm sure you'll feel the need to misread it and twist my words into something i didn't actually say at all.