MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion

MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion (https://my350z.com/forum/)
-   Motorsports (https://my350z.com/forum/motorsports-24/)
-   -   Road America request (https://my350z.com/forum/motorsports/37434-road-america-request.html)

dkmura 07-25-2003 03:30 PM

Road America request

Speedventures has cancelled its' rounds at Road America and Mosport this fall. I was really looking forward to running both tracks with that sanctioning body. Now I'm scrambling to find other events.

Is there anyone out there who knows of any time trial/high performance driving events at Road America? I've qualified for the SCCA Runoffs at Mid-Ohio in Sept.(Not in the 350Z), but other than that I'm really hoping that I can run some type of event at that great 4.1 mile course in Wisconsin.

Other tracks I'd be interested in for TT/HPDE:

-Mosport or St. Jovite in Canada

-Road Atlanta or Barber Motorsports Park down south

-Pacific Raceways, Sears Point or Laguna Seca out west

I'm in Colorado but I'm willing to travel this fall. Thanks in advance for any suggestions any of you can send me!

EnthuZ 07-25-2003 04:11 PM

Put on the happy face!

:D :D :D :D

CAROC is repeating for, like the 30th time......a 2 day RA solo 1 September 27 & 28. Last time I checked there were no specifics. It will be FUN & FAST:D :cool: :icon04: :icon4: :icon04: :icon4: :icon04: :icon4: :icon04: :icon4: :icon04: :icon4:

I'm trying to find other 350Z's to humble me.:eek:

GaryM05 07-25-2003 07:47 PM

That's bad news...I was afraid they might cancel that event at Road America. Maybe they'll be able to get it together next year. Good luck checking off the other tracks on your 'to-be-driven' list, David.

For what it's worth, I heard somewhere that the St. Jovite course had been purchased by a very high-end, exotic car club and wasn't very open to outsiders. I could be wrong, though.

dkmura 07-25-2003 08:36 PM

Re: Put on the happy face!

Originally posted by EnthuZ
:D :D :D :D

CAROC is repeating for, like the 30th time......a 2 day RA solo 1 September 27 & 28. Last time I checked there were no specifics. It will be FUN & FAST:D :cool: :icon04: :icon4: :icon04: :icon4: :icon04: :icon4: :icon04: :icon4: :icon04: :icon4:

I'm trying to find other 350Z's to humble me.:eek:

Thanks for the info. I did a search for CAROC and came up with only this thread and the one about Blackhawk Farms. Could you please let us know what CAROC stands for and if they have a website to get more info, etc?

One problem is that the Runoffs are from Sept 11th-21st at Mid-Ohio and I won't have my 350Z there. I suppose I could just drive my SSC 200SX Se-R (if there's anything left), but I am REALLY eager to race my Z!

Gary- Glad you caught this thread. Don't give up yet, buddy! We'll find something to stretch our Z's legs this fall...

EnthuZ 07-25-2003 11:13 PM

Sorry I forgot to include the link:

http://www.caroc.com/explorer.html

It's listed in their events section, "Fall Challenge". But, as I said no details YET.

dkmura 07-26-2003 08:03 PM

Thanks Enthuz!

OK- for any who are interested, this is the Chicago Alfa Romeo club and yes, there is no info on the "fall challenge" event yet.

I'll do some checking and post what I find !

dkmura 07-28-2003 08:30 PM

CAROC Fall Challenge

OK- here's what has been posted on the Chicago Alfa Romero Original Chapter website. The Fall Challenge at Road America is scheduled for 9/27-28/03 and will feature both time trials and touring. Cost is $325 for both days and a extra $30 fee for non-members.

Problem for me is that the timing is lousy: this is the next weekend from the Runoffs. Cost is on the high side as well. Combined, I'll have to keep on looking...

Anybody else have any suggestions?

EnthuZ 07-29-2003 07:26 AM

1 Attachment(s)
dkmura, you beat me to it.
:eek:

No, it's not cheap, but only double the cost of a one day PCA school. For 1st timer's, the touring is still a lot of fun. They are a bit .....loose on the speed limit!

Good luck at the Runoffs! I'm thinking of going to spectate for a couple days.

Hopefully I'll see this Z:

archman350z 07-29-2003 02:40 PM

DKMURA,

Look on Road America's website. They have an event the 22nd of August which includes open lapping on Friday and Saturday. I was thinking of going there myself...

Cheers.

dkmura 07-29-2003 07:20 PM

Originally posted by archman350z
DKMURA,

Look on Road America's website. They have an event the 22nd of August which includes open lapping on Friday and Saturday. I was thinking of going there myself...

Cheers.

Thanks for the tip! I'll check it out, but may be in Salt Lake City that weekend.

Enthuz- the cost for CAROC event is about double the cost of a Runoffs entry! That's too steep for an event that probably doesn't have the type of participant insurance that SCCA events carry.

Great picture of Frank Honsowetz's GT3 350Z. He's the former head of Nissan Motorsports and has rebodied his tubeframe car over the past year. He usually runs the NASPORT series on the West Coast. I doubt that we'll see Frank at the Runoffs- BUT if he decides to make the tow it would be interesting to see how he does!

EnthuZ 07-29-2003 08:30 PM

One plays, one pays:eek: :D

I spotted the 4 bolt wheels and went hmmmmmmmm. What is it, a 7/8 scale Z? On an SX200 chassis?

Whatever, it looks VERRRRY well built!:cool: I gotta get ahold of Jack, to see what he knows about it.