ATI Procharge 1/8 mile time - Page 2 - MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion

Old 10-25-2003, 10:06 PM   #21
LSs1Power

Quote:
Originally posted by stx
Do you think he wasn't faster in the quarter because of the antisquat geometry of the suspension? I know the Z has a near 50/50 weight transfer between the front and the rear under acceleration. How would that affect the traction even with slicks or drag radials?
In My Opinion, the 350Z problem in Drag Racing will be the stiff suspension more than a weight distribution issue. Stiff suspensions arenít good for drag racing and thatís why drag race setups have a very soft suspension so the whole body will move to the back which will give more weight and support on the rear tires. My car sucks in drag racing since its setup for road course. I canít get better than 1.9-2.0 60ft even with 15-18psi in my rear tires(They are 315's by the way). The only time I can think of weight distribution helping in drag racing is that if the weight transfer is 30-40 in the front and 60-70 in the back such as Porsche's, Ferrari's, NSX, and so on. When u have more weight on the rear tires that means it will grip better when launching and even distribution of the car on hard breaking which is a good thing for road course and balance of the car. So having 50/50 is better than having almost 60/40 in the F-body.
Old 10-26-2003, 07:53 AM   #22
reelmcoy

Quote:
Originally posted by daddy Z

As far as cost ...... you can buy my same set up . Stock 350Z Track with ATI Procharge for less then $33,000 ..... I for one think that is a beter buy then your new American whatever.
My Formula was a whopping 22,500 new. My Track Z was around 31,000. So you can get a supercharger installed for 2,000? Wow, what a good deal. Stock for stock, mod for mod, my American whatever will still hand you your a$$ in a drag race. Yes, the Z corners better but in America when you get in a street race its all about going fast in a straight line.
Old 10-26-2003, 12:09 PM   #23
daddy Z

Quote:
Originally posted by reelmcoy
my American whatever will still hand you your a$$ in a drag race.
damm , I guess they all must be out recharging their can of whoop-*** since I have yet been able to find one either on the street or at the track that can do it
Old 10-26-2003, 12:31 PM   #24
Bobby C 01TA

Quote:
damm , I guess they all must be out recharging their can of whoop-*** since I have yet been able to find one either on the street or at the track that can do it

how bout we play today? (sunday) shoot me a PM or post or even a ring ring.. its nice and cool out.. should be good for your bad boy

Bobby 972 896 6250
Old 10-26-2003, 01:02 PM   #25
zzzya

This post is about a supercharged 350Z with no other mods and the drivers experience through the 1/4. Most of us know where other cars sit for times given their modding. Hell, you can take any car and put enough into it to make it fly through the 1/4. I was at our local track last weekend and saw some shi$$y a$$ chevette all beefed up running low 11's at about 130 MPH. I am just glad to hear how well daddy z's S/C'd car is running and his success through the 1/4. There are plenty of other things he can do to the car to be more successful if he so chooses as do we all with whatever we drive. It is simply a choice we make whether or not that it is what we want out of the car.
Old 10-26-2003, 01:18 PM   #26
Bobby C 01TA

ZZZYA..well said.. its just that umm umm daddy z hasnt lost to a LS1 yet.. or atleats he said he hasnt.. I wanna be the first!! You know.. like the greedy lotto winners say " i'm not greedy, i just want to be the first to win twice" LOL
Old 10-26-2003, 01:46 PM   #27
daddy Z

Quote:
Originally posted by Bobby C 01TA
ZZZYA..well said.. its just that umm umm daddy z hasnt lost to a LS1 yet.. or atleats he said he hasnt..
so true ....... sure there will be a first time but you have to admit I have tried to hook up with you. I have been available for legal racing last Thursday, Sunday, this past Friday and even tonight at Kennendale. I have offered to race at a very safe place on my side of town but you want to play with the popo.

It was my understanding that if someone challenged you ....... you got to choose the weapon, method, or in this case the place to do battle

In the past I have been the victum of a lot of drive-bye videoing. Win or loss I just would like a fair shot.

So far I have been beaten on the streets by a turbocharged civic from a 40 punch and a 5.0 using slicks and a large shoot of juice. Both with a hp to weight ratio well ahead of me but I never called foul. You say only bolt-ons and no slicks but only time will tell ?
Old 10-26-2003, 01:57 PM   #28
Bobby C 01TA

Quote:
so true ....... sure there will be a first time but you have to admit I have tried to hook up with you. I have been available for legal racing last Thursday, Sunday, this past Friday and even tonight at Kennendale. I have offered to race at a very safe place on my side of town but you want to play with the popo.

It was my understanding that if someone challenged you ....... you got to choose the weapon, method, or in this case the place to do battle

In the past I have been the victum of a lot of drive-bye videoing. Win or loss I just would like a fair shot.

So far I have been beaten on the streets by a turbocharged civic from a 40 punch and a 5.0 using slicks and a large shoot of juice. Both with a hp to weight ratio well ahead of me but I never called foul. You say only bolt-ons and no slicks but only time will tell ?
well ya it seems our schedules dont match .. everytime u have a chance,I cant make it out and everytime I wanna run, you have other races or obligations.. so its all good and in fun.. doesnt matter whowins or loses..i prefer to go from a stop or a low roll but will also do a hwy roll if u run on the low end hehe. I dont have any slicks.. I used to own a pair a year ago.. i'm happy with my dr's and will only be on DR's when we run.. their kinda bald but oh well.. the price to pay for racin hehe.. we'll have to meet up at that fina sometime.. you're too far away and i;m too far away from you just to race so halfway will work. I wont BS u.. I do have a Z06 cam whoopee lol.. its a stock GM cam off a Z06 and thats it besides the bolt ons..( 3200 stall converter/lid/cutout/headers) theres no idle surge or lope or anything cause its a very very mild and streetable cam.. no head work,suspension,big cam, slicks or even major tuning.. so far my times have been worse with the cam possibly due to excessive spinning..

Last edited by Bobby C 01TA; 10-26-2003 at 02:09 PM.
Old 10-26-2003, 05:50 PM   #29
reelmcoy

Quote:
Why dont you put the whole quote in there? stock to stock or mod to mod my american whatever will hand you your a$$. Have you raced a supercharged american whatever yet? And if you don't mind me asking how did you get a track Z with a supercharger installed for 33,000?
Old 10-26-2003, 05:55 PM   #30
zzzya

I am glad to see you guys chatting nicely again Its all fun and truly about enjoying our cars. True competition, with money involved, no other income, and the need to win makes it another world. Taking a street car and making it faster than stock and more fun to drive is a fun hobby that we can share and enjoy together. I like seeing what others have done to their rides and how creative some have truly been. Sure, I have to admit that I would like to see the 350Z smoke the LS1 but if it didn't happen then big deal. They are both fun cars to have and drive. BTW, I have a 69' camaro that will blow both of your doors off
Old 10-26-2003, 07:01 PM   #31
daddy Z

Quote:
Have you raced a supercharged american whatever yet?
does a supercharged cobra mustang or a supercharged lightning count ? Let me see they have 8 cylinders to my 6 .... yep your right it just isn't fair is it
Old 10-26-2003, 07:06 PM   #32
daddy Z

Quote:
Originally posted by zzzya
I am glad to see you guys chatting nicely again BTW, I have a 69' camaro that will blow both of your doors off
I hope it's all in fun .... be a shame if someone took it too personal.

BTW I have a 92 Vette that will blow your camaro away
Old 10-26-2003, 07:24 PM   #33
daddy Z

Quote:
And if you don't mind me asking how do you get a track Z with a supercharger installed for $33,000?
Nissan employees get a very big discount on any nissan vehicle. Those that are willing to loan their cars for experimentation are rewarded with very good deals on the cost of the experiment.

However others can do it if they are savy enough to be willing to get a slightly used Z
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=2439207540
and install a barely used supercharger on their own.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=2439352643
Old 10-27-2003, 03:10 AM   #34
reelmcoy

[QUOTE]Originally posted by daddy Z
[B]Nissan employees get a very big discount on any nissan vehicle. Those that are willing to loan their cars for experimentation are rewarded with very good deals on the cost of the experiment.

QUOTE]

So your average Joe off the street can not get that for 33,000, right?
Old 10-27-2003, 03:19 AM   #35
daddy Z

Quote:
Originally posted by reelmcoy So your average Joe off the street can not get that for 33,000, right?
don't know ..... not an average Joe and don't know any. Well, maybe I do now
Old 10-27-2003, 04:05 AM   #36
daddy Z

Quote:
don't know ..... not an average Joe and don't know any. Well, maybe I do now
sorry ..... that was mean .....
but really if anyone is interested I would be willing to sell mine for $33,000
Old 10-27-2003, 07:09 AM   #37
Bobby C 01TA

Quote:
Why dont you put the whole quote in there? stock to stock or mod to mod my american whatever will hand you your a$$. Have you raced a supercharged american whatever yet?
Forced induction wont be necessary to win!
Reemmccoy- I noticed you're in Richland hills.. hmmm.. you're gonna have to come up with us when we run.. It would be nice to have a few cars come out and play. You have a LS1 so obviously you know the potential of a LS1.. ..yes I have a mildly modded TA and yes the 350z has a blower.. I put out more torque.. the 350 puts out more rwhp.. should be g00d
Old 10-27-2003, 04:22 PM   #38
reelmcoy

I've heard of BobbyC01TA. My money would have to go on him. Yes I know the potential of the LS1, that is why I have 2 of them. My bone stock 00 formula WS6 was trapping over 105 mph bone stock down to the paper air filter at a track with an alititude of 2700 ft.
Old 10-27-2003, 06:19 PM   #39
Bobby C 01TA

well we'll all have a good time and race and talk about our cars.. no money race or anything like that.. Its been a while since I've had a good run on the street!
Old 10-29-2003, 07:09 AM   #40
daddy Z

Quote:
Originally posted by Bobby C 01TA
no money race or anything like that.. Its been a while since I've had a good run on the street!
I'm just sorry I didn't give you a beter showing No excuss, gave you my best .......... your best is just out of my league for the time being I got nothing but time and money so be assured I'll be backkkkkkkkkk, as Arnold would say

Most likely it will be with my own muscle car next time. We are putting the Vette back together as I type