Notices
NA Builds Specifically for naturally aspirated builds & projects with Cams, Pistons Rods, Heads, Valves, etc

thoughts after twin turbo build

Old 10-14-2013, 02:20 PM
bolton 350z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default thoughts after twin turbo build

i have finally completed my twin turbo build on a 2007 350z (hr engine) the first thing that strikes me is that this process is going to cost way more than you think and take way more time if you want the end product to be right. my bolt on kit was anything but and from what i can gather this is the rule rather than the exception. in my case there was probably 40 extra hours to smooth out all the problems created by the lack of fitment. i went with a higher end kit the gtm stage 2 turn key option. i would recommend you not go this route as the flash tune only produced 397 whp which was very disappointing . however this was easily fixed by getting the osiris software and getting an experienced tuner to do his thing. ended up with 503 whp which made me very happy. all in all if you can except the cost over runs and the time it will take you will be very happy. if however you have a strict budget you should probably go with the much simpler supercharger. also i would recommend going to someone with extensive hands on experience with exactly what you are doing and someone that will take the time to make your kit fit perfectly rather than just get the kit in the car and running
Old 10-14-2013, 05:56 PM
jerryd87

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

absolutely not only wrong section(NA) wrong subforum(you in 370z) and the whole forum pretty much knows that GTM is a scam and you can expect to have issues if you buy there turbo kit. Honestly you should have searched, if you got all your parts you should feel special since even that isnt normal.
Old 10-14-2013, 06:17 PM
bolton 350z

its amazing how hostile most replies are i can only assume you people are all beaten down in the real world and hide behind a computer to feel tough if we were to meet in the real world you would say **** to me cause i would scare you to death. you think the gtm kit is substandard and most other kits are superior what hands on experience do you actually have? the information i have from people that have done many builds is that most bolt on kits are anything but this was the information i was trying to pass on to others the gtm kit was complete and with proper tuning delivered the whp it said what i wanted to warn others was not to get their stock tune by the way is your z turbo charged if so what kit did you go with and how many whp do you drive and for gods sake start being constructive isnt trying to raise up your pathetic self by trying to bring others down
Old 10-14-2013, 06:30 PM
BranZ

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah honestly, whats with the hostile response?

I'm not one for sugar-coating and being nice to everyone, but that response wasn't called for.
You don't need to prove anything to anybody, and you're not, by acting tough on the internet.
Old 10-14-2013, 07:01 PM
bolton 350z

the response matched that of his post the purpose of my post was to help others the sole purpose of his post was to cut me down to make himself feel better what i said i meant you dont know me i have to be much more assertive in the real world then in a forum like this besides what that guy did is what i see happen so many times on this site there is no need for it people cannot distinguish between those who start things and those that stand their ground i have stood my ground all my life in the real world i have done so and i will do so here as well besides if you dont confront people for what they do they will only continue you have to make it very uncomfortable for them this works in the real world i can tell you from experience and it will work here people need to fight back against the negativism that so often is encountered on line
Old 10-14-2013, 07:44 PM
jomamahama

Goddamn man are you standing up to punctuation, too?
Old 10-14-2013, 08:18 PM
bealljk
350Z-holic

Received 1,282 Likes on 1,007 Posts

thicker skin…the sooner the better…I dont care for Jerry's responses 2/3rds of the time but the 1/3rd you'll see that he knows his stuff, you might learn something or he might fix your problem...

for whatever reason he is that way, he is that way…
Old 10-14-2013, 09:54 PM
blue350zed

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

This is totally the wrong section...but I'll put in my two cents. I've got the GTM stage-III kit with the 3.8 stroker on my '07. The only issues I had were with some of the piping. Not all of it fit very well and I had to have a couple pieces made to fit. Other than that, close to 650 at the wheels on low boost...can't complain. I did spend almost as much on the FI build alone as I did on the car when I bought it new back in '07 though...
Old 10-15-2013, 04:07 PM
bolton 350z

i can accept the wrong section part my error the rest is the typical crap approach i see so often lets tear someone down and make myself look smart so petty the whole purpose of the post was to benefit others from my experience a concept of altruism that is completely lost on most of you as to the factual accuracy of the original comments i think he was far from accurrate