Notices
NA Builds Specifically for naturally aspirated builds & projects with Cams, Pistons Rods, Heads, Valves, etc

Upper plenum project 75mm Maxima TB

Old 04-04-2017, 03:00 PM
MatthewBouchard

Received 42 Likes on 40 Posts

Well, the shop I went to before is now closed-ish and sold their dyno. I went to Rev works to get retuned. I had the same tuner as before, "MTuned" .The numbers are 237hp /215 tq. Its lower than before but it was another dyno.

So sadly there are no magic numbers to show an increase; however I love how it feels now.

Edit: Here is the graph.
Attached Thumbnails Upper plenum project 75mm Maxima TB-new-dyno.jpg  

Last edited by MatthewBouchard; 04-05-2017 at 07:31 AM.
The following users liked this post:
06platinumG (01-10-2018)
Old 04-04-2017, 09:25 PM
BakaN20

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

I don't have before or after dynos, but after I added a 3 inch intake and 3 inch maf to this setup, I picked up around 2-3 mph on my trap speed. Can't remember the DAs, but just to give a somewhat objective view of this mod. It definitely seems to work with the added breathing modifications.

Last edited by BakaN20; 04-04-2017 at 09:34 PM.
Old 04-11-2017, 11:51 AM
dsm_mikey

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

- I bought cockyZ's upper intake from him last year. It was delivered shortly after I paid for it. It has been collecting dust for the past year while I tried sorting out existing issues with the car. He is not accepting Private Messages, so I am posting on his thread.

Fast forward to April 2017. My car with a new rebuilt engine has put 331 WHP down on a Mustang dyno.

On to the pieced together stock-ish VQ35DE...

-Rebuilt engine
-Stock bottom end from a REV UP (Pistons, rods, block, crankshaft)
-Stock Non-Revup Heads
-Upgraded ARP Rod Bolts
-New Bearings
-New rings, etc...
-Revup Oil Pump
-PPE Longtube headers
-Single 3 " Agency Power Exhaust
-JWT C8 Cams and Springs
with stock throttle body, upper intake manifold, *ported revup lower, and Momentum intake and UPREV dyno tuning...

-331 WHP on a Mustang Dyno!! (Without this modified upper intake)

Fuel cut is set to 7000 rpm due to the stock rotating assembly. Needless to say I am very pleased with the numbers based upon the relatively mild cams and low 7000 RPM redline. It is still increasing power at fuel cut. I will try and post the dyno chart in the next couple days.

-I will be testing this modified intake manifold within the next couple weeks. I think it will show definitively whether it is a winner. C8 cams, PPE headers, Large intake, your upper intake, ported rev up lower and ported lower intake manifold, UP rev tuning, and full exhaust with no restriction. Revving to 7000 rpm...lets see how this goes!!

Thank you for coming up with this design...I am excitement to see some results!
Desert Z (05-10-2017)
Old 05-22-2017, 05:41 AM
dnash

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by dsm_mikey
- I bought cockyZ's upper intake from him last year. It was delivered shortly after I paid for it. It has been collecting dust for the past year while I tried sorting out existing issues with the car. He is not accepting Private Messages, so I am posting on his thread.

Fast forward to April 2017. My car with a new rebuilt engine has put 331 WHP down on a Mustang dyno.

-Rebuilt engine
-Stock Non-Revup Heads
-Upgraded ARP Rod Bolts
-New Bearings
-New rings, etc...
-Revup Oil Pump
-PPE Longtube headers
-JWT C8 Cams and Springs
with stock throttle body, upper intake manifold, *ported revup lower, and Momentum intake and UPREV dyno tuning...

Fuel cut is set to 7000 rpm due to the stock rotating assembly. Needless to say I am very pleased with the numbers based upon the relatively mild cams and low 7000 RPM redline. It is still increasing power at fuel cut. I will try and post the dyno chart in the next couple days.

-I will be testing this modified intake manifold within the next couple weeks. I think it will show definitively whether it is a winner. C8 cams, PPE headers, Large intake, your upper intake, ported rev up lower and ported lower intake manifold, UP rev tuning, and full exhaust with no restriction. Revving to 7000 rpm...lets see how this goes!!

Where you able to get dyno'd yet?
Old 07-09-2017, 11:21 AM
jellofuel

Received 48 Likes on 38 Posts

My build is similar to dms_mikey's - my z has Z1 Motorsport's stage 2 headwork with C8 cams. My non-revup made 300 whp on their dyno, and drops off fairly sharp. Can this plenum mod accommodate the NWP 75mm throttle body? Or would I definitely need to sell it to install the 75mm Maxima tb?
Old 07-11-2017, 03:43 AM
dnash

The NWP throttle body is the 75mm Maxima throttle body. The difference beng the adapter for the smaller 350z flange with the NWP kit.
jellofuel (07-11-2017)
Old 07-11-2017, 05:27 AM
toughguy

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jellofuel
My build is similar to dms_mikey's - my z has Z1 Motorsport's stage 2 headwork with C8 cams. My non-revup made 300 whp on their dyno, and drops off fairly sharp. Can this plenum mod accommodate the NWP 75mm throttle body? Or would I definitely need to sell it to install the 75mm Maxima tb?
This modification to the upper plenum allows the NWP throttle body to bolt right up after cutting off the cooling lines. The advantage to this is that instead of where the NWP plate reduces to 72mm and the small sharp bend of the stock plenum it's actually enlarged to 3.25" and the radius decreased further aiding in increased airflow at what is probably the point of the most restriction in the airflow path.
jellofuel (07-11-2017)
Old 10-03-2017, 05:34 PM
dnash

Does anyone know if these manifolds are still availiable? I pm'd cockyZ to no response.
Old 10-03-2017, 08:05 PM
MatthewBouchard

Received 42 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by dnash
Does anyone know if these manifolds are still availiable? I pm'd cockyZ to no response.
The last I heard from him, he lost his account info I believe.
Old 10-04-2017, 04:07 AM
dnash

Originally Posted by MatthewBouchard
The last I heard from him, he lost his account info I believe.
Do you have any contact info? PM me if you can.
Old 12-26-2017, 07:37 PM
onevq35de

Received 96 Likes on 74 Posts

Originally Posted by dsm_mikey

-Rebuilt engine
-Stock Non-Revup Heads
-Upgraded ARP Rod Bolts
-New Bearings
-New rings, etc...
-Revup Oil Pump
-PPE Longtube headers
-JWT C8 Cams and Springs

Let me guess, u broke your ****.
Old 12-26-2017, 07:43 PM
onevq35de

Received 96 Likes on 74 Posts

Originally Posted by 1cockyZ

3.5" Amsoil filter with internal v stack, 3.5" pipe to 75mm ID maf housing and then into samco tube which is a little over 3" ID. It's on the car and running. Dyno later
That intake pipe is way too long & too many transition pieces cocky. I did something similar after having a shorty 4" pipe that worked very well. I added an extension, along with a 45* bend to get the filter out of the bay & it killed my 0-60 time by 1 full second. Put it back the way it was, actually shortened it up 5" and built an air box around it.

Last edited by onevq35de; 12-26-2017 at 07:49 PM.
Old 05-21-2019, 08:54 AM
Tball22

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 1cockyZ
Page 4 the second dyno. Kinetix running at 13.5 and then this plenum running between 14-14.5 afr
I assume it's a little late to have you make me one of these?
Old 08-16-2019, 01:17 AM
James Youngman

what throttle body ???????
Old 08-16-2019, 03:30 AM
Tball22

The upper plenum