Notices
New Owners Welcome to the Family!

i need some one on one with a patient educated z owner...."got my z's pic"

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2007, 05:41 PM
steppinrazor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question i need some one on one with a patient educated z owner...."got my z's pic"

ive had my z for about a week now and i have a few questions... id apreciate some tollerance i am new.. if your impatient feel free to ignore this thread

question 1: the guys im working with here in scottsdale helpin me fix up my z are suggesting a unorthodox pully as my next upgrade, i currently have the popcharger as my only engine upgrade... will this in any way put extra where on my car?? it is my daily car and all though im planning on doing alot of work on it, id like to start racing it on the weekends or occasionally when a bad *** in a civic pulls up.. but i need this car to last and ill def. be puttin alot of miles on it.. so is a pully a safe move?

question 2: around town for the most part i drive with the engine in mind... im tryin to keep it in great condition, but is it going to hurt to take it to the 1/4 miles on the weekends?

question 3: what are some safe upgrades that will keep my car in great shape?

question 4: keepin the cars engine in great shape is a huge concern, but at the same time i really plan on puttin alot into this car.. if any one has tips on how to do this it would be totally apreciated..
.... as you can tell this car is a huge deal for me... it took me 3 years to save up for it and im seriously in love with the damn thing... any beginner advice or any scottsdale/phoenix locals have some advice and wanna help i really would apreciate it..

here is a pic of my baby as of now.. many changes to come over the next few months...

Last edited by steppinrazor; 05-16-2007 at 05:46 PM.
Old 05-16-2007, 05:49 PM
steppinrazor

P.s.

Sorry, Took It With My Camera Phone... Not The Highest Quality Pic..
Old 05-16-2007, 05:49 PM
drivenCSZ

depends on whether you're trying to keep your car in great shape or not...lol

pulley is fine...relax man. Oh and start reading the tech forums.
Old 05-16-2007, 05:52 PM
ZCARBANDIT
Banned

you can go with the crank pulley but not a real big need to underdrive everything.
2.depends on how much you go and how you handle the gearbox if its a 6 speed.if its casual you should be ok.unless you want to road course it.
3.regular maintence and zaino.
4.if you want to stay na go with what will make the car more efficient.maybe a plenum or spacer,exhaust,intake,oil can,finned diff cover etc.simple mods that lower heat and make it breathe easier will pay off in the long run.make if you want to go fi, skies the limit.
my 2 cents hopefully others will chime in and give u theres.
Old 05-16-2007, 05:52 PM
steppinrazor

... sorry man should have looked into those... i will for sure
Old 05-16-2007, 05:54 PM
steppinrazor

Originally Posted by ZCARBANDIT
you can go with the crank pulley but not a real big need to underdrive everything.
2.depends on how much you go and how you handle the gearbox if its a 6 speed.if its casual you should be ok.unless you want to road course it.
3.regular maintence and zaino.
4.if you want to stay na go with what will make the car more efficient.maybe a plenum or spacer,exhaust,intake,oil can,finned diff cover etc.simple mods that lower heat and make it breathe easier will pay off in the long run.make if you want to go fi, skies the limit.
my 2 cents hopefully others will chime in and give u theres.

your 2 cents are def. apreciated... i will look into that stuff for sure
Old 05-16-2007, 05:56 PM
Motormouth
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You can try the search feature, use keywords like brand names, or the actual part and play around and you might find some more info.

also, proof read your posts a little.

my opinion is to leave the pulley until you have to change the belts. you get hardly any gain, they squeal like crazy when idling and some even supposedly cause the oil seal to leak.

Go for a plenum spacer long before you upgrade any of that crap.

or rims/tires.
Old 05-16-2007, 06:09 PM
steppinrazor

Originally Posted by Motormouth
You can try the search feature, use keywords like brand names, or the actual part and play around and you might find some more info.

also, proof read your posts a little.

my opinion is to leave the pulley until you have to change the belts. you get hardly any gain, they squeal like crazy when idling and some even supposedly cause the oil seal to leak.

Go for a plenum spacer long before you upgrade any of that crap.

or rims/tires.

im gettin a package deal... new belts come with it... and rims/tires are coming, but my main priority is gettin it faster, proof reading in my opinion is for term papers... im tryin to have quck conversation and am not interested in mine or any others grammar as long as it is legible... i will totally look into the plenum spacer man thanks for the advice
Old 05-16-2007, 07:26 PM
davidv

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Welcome and congratulations.

question 1: the guys im working with here in scottsdale helpin me fix up my z are suggesting a unorthodox pully as my next upgrade, i currently have the popcharger as my only engine upgrade... will this in any way put extra where on my car?? it is my daily car and all though im planning on doing alot of work on it, id like to start racing it on the weekends or occasionally when a bad *** in a civic pulls up.. but i need this car to last and ill def. be puttin alot of miles on it.. so is a pully a safe move?

This is a good place to start: https://my350z.com/forum/engine-and-drivetrain/50429-new-350z-owners-read-this-before-doing-any-modifications-to-your-z.html

question 2: around town for the most part i drive with the engine in mind... im tryin to keep it in great condition, but is it going to hurt to take it to the 1/4 miles on the weekends?

I race every weekend. Pushing the car to the limits breaks stuff.

question 3: what are some safe upgrades that will keep my car in great shape?

Same as #1.

question 4: keepin the cars engine in great shape is a huge concern, but at the same time i really plan on puttin alot into this car.. if any one has tips on how to do this it would be totally apreciated..

Same as #1.
Old 05-16-2007, 07:37 PM
I1DER

You found some patient people. Preview your posts so the patience involved is in answering the questions, not in deciphering them. We are not all programed to read the new English without caps and with one hand on the lateral scroll arrows.

Your questions themselves sounded well thought-out and your car is beautiful. Welcome to the forum!
Old 05-16-2007, 07:55 PM
Motormouth
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ryano85
im gettin a package deal... new belts come with it... and rims/tires are coming, but my main priority is gettin it faster, proof reading in my opinion is for term papers... im tryin to have quck conversation and am not interested in mine or any others grammar as long as it is legible... i will totally look into the plenum spacer man thanks for the advice
if you do not improve your spelling and grammar, I will never help you again.

and package deal or not I said UNTIL YOU NEED BELTS aka: when they are worn out and need to be replaced, not when you buy new ones.
Old 05-16-2007, 08:29 PM
MeetJoeAsian

Since you just bought the car, I recommend the first thing you do, BEFORE any mods, BEFORE tracking or racing, is get to know your car. What did you drive before? if it was a FWD or a 4WD, I recommend getting the feel of how light the rear end is in this car. Go find a huge empty parking lot with very few poles, and get a feel of how the rear end gives out when you gun it thru a turn. Then get a feel of how it drives and handles with the TCS off. If your screename says anything about your age, then you're just barely 22 y/o, don't go out and try to street race without knowing your car. Feel how this car handles on wet road. Feel how this car slips. Remember, when your car starts spinning, don't slam on the brake, let go of the steering wheel and don't pedal.

Here's a few more tips I have:
-Why don't you drive the car AS-IS for awhile and get to know it before you start modding. Then, you'll learn the car and you'll appreciate your mods much more.
-Your car is FASTER than a Civic, you don't need to race it when one pulls up and revs up his engine. Just look at him, smile, and shake your head slowly as if saying "haha, kids..." and look forward and don't race him. Why are there so many of ya out there buying these cars and looking to beat a Civic?
-When you're testing out your new mods, keep it OFF the street and away from innocent bystanders/drivers.
-don't turn off your TCS on the street until you know how the car handles. And, NO, you do not know how the car handles yet.
-If you do something stupid trying to be Ricky Bobby and fail, you WILL get flamed on all the forums. Even if you die, you will still get flamed
-and lastly, read this thread and learn from it: https://my350z.com/forum/showthread.php?t=263213

Happy ridin'...I loved my car when I had it...but just remember to respect the car, and it'll respect you...

Last edited by MeetJoeAsian; 05-16-2007 at 09:02 PM.
Old 05-16-2007, 09:55 PM
steppinrazor

.... racing has been my thing since i first got a car... the whole purpose of getiing the z (besides it bein a good lookin car) is to race on the weekends at the legals.. and i was joking about the civic comment... every one had a tricked out civic at my high school so i joke about them
Old 05-16-2007, 09:59 PM
jimmyloose

you have a good attitude. why aren't all n00bcakes like this one?
Old 05-16-2007, 10:09 PM
steppinrazor

whats all this noob ****...? i dont get it, and yes i knew honda was the same as acura..
Old 05-17-2007, 09:29 AM
MeetJoeAsian

Originally Posted by ryano85
whats all this noob ****...? i dont get it, and yes i knew honda was the same as acura..
haha...I don't think his acura/honda comment was towards you...it's his signature...haha...
Old 05-17-2007, 09:51 AM
JimmyJaZZ

You have PM.
Old 05-17-2007, 03:10 PM
steppinrazor

haha i think your right.... id say im a genius