Notices
New Owners Welcome to the Family!

New 2007 Z For My 18th B-Day

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2008, 04:46 PM
ni$mo350

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by crg914
No, I'm 25 and work hard for what I have. I have help from my wife. When I go see my parents or they come here, they might take us out to dinner or do something nice for us, but other than that, no.

Maybe I am just more lenient than others on here, but I see nothing wrong with an 18 getting a new car for his birthday. Hell, I hope when I have kids I'm in a position to do something that nice for them.

My little sister is just now 19, and she is more mature than most of the mid twenty year olds I know. I would trust her with a 350Z.

I will also admit that when I was 18 I had no business in a car like the Z. But not everyone is as irresponsible as I and apparently halfass872 were when we were kids. I'm just saying he should be given a chance to wreck it before everyone jumps down his throat.

So much hatred is unnecessary, the kid just got a brand new car, he's excited, why can't people just be excited for him? IMHO, the people who can't be excited for others are the ones who are dissatisfied with their own lives.

Just my $.02, sorry if it wasn't as enlightening as areddy's input
Read the whole thread.... My first example is simple Nick Hogan.... My second is the statistical fact that there is more of a chance that you will crash when you are younger with less experience. It's one thing to crash a sailboat but it's another to buy your kid a speedboat at 18 knowing all to well the performace aspect of it. and your statement about giving him a chance to wreck it is ignorant on soooo many levels. How about we let everyone drink and drive and give them the benefit of the doubt until someone wrecks? End of my rant unless you plan on replying to a post when you know you're wrong.

Last edited by ni$mo350; 04-20-2008 at 04:56 PM.
Old 04-20-2008, 04:47 PM
kno

Received 121 Likes on 88 Posts

is op banned yet? this thread got long
Old 04-20-2008, 04:53 PM
crg914

Originally Posted by halfass872

Sorry, couldn't resist!
LOL, I actually have a picture of her posted along with my wife in the "Official White Girl Thread"

Check it out if you must, should be in the first few pages.
halfass872

Originally Posted by kno
is op banned yet? this thread got long
Yeah he is. But someone is defending why an 18yo should have a sports car now. We are all too familiar with this one. lol
Hraesvelg
Got Uranium?

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Maybe I am just more lenient than others on here, but I see nothing wrong with an 18 getting a new car for his birthday. Hell, I hope when I have kids I'm in a position to do something that nice for them.
Young kids are statistically bad drivers. The slower and less sporty the car they drive the less likely they are to kill themselves/others/raise responsible folks' insurance.

My little sister is just now 19, and she is more mature than most of the mid twenty year olds I know. I would trust her with a 350Z.
Everyone has/is an exception on here....

I'm just saying he should be given a chance to wreck it before everyone jumps down his throat.

IMHO, the people who can't be excited for others are the ones who are dissatisfied with their own lives.
Those people probably make up a tiny portion of the "haters". The majority of folks are composed of people that have witnessed the crap spewing from teens when they get on here and are a bit jaded by it all.
Old 04-20-2008, 04:54 PM
halfass872

LOL, I actually have a picture of her posted along with my wife in the "Official White Girl Thread"

Check it out if you must, should be in the first few pages.

link??

Pimpin out the sister on the forum FTMFW!!

Last edited by halfass872; 04-20-2008 at 04:57 PM.
Old 04-20-2008, 04:57 PM
halfass872

Originally Posted by Hraesvelg
Those people probably make up a tiny portion of the "haters". The majority of folks are composed of people that have witnessed the crap spewing from teens when they get on here and are a bit jaded by it all.

Perfectly worded, and soooo true!!
Old 04-20-2008, 04:59 PM
crg914

Originally Posted by ni$mo350
Read the whole thread.... My first example is simple Nick Hogan.... My second is the statical fact that there is more of a chance that you will crash when you are younger with less experience. It's one thing to crash a sailboat but it's another to buy your kid one at 18 knowing all to well the performace aspect of it. and your statement about giving him a chance to wreck it is ignorant on soooo many levels. How about we let everyone drink and drive and give them the benefit of the doubt until someone wrecks? End of my rant unless you plan on replying to a post when you know you're wrong.
You're comparing drinking and driving with buying an 18 year old a new car. Wow, I'm not even sure where to start with that one.

Also, please explain to me how giving a kid a chance to prove he can drive a new Z without wrecking it is ignorant. IMO, condemning someone you don't know, for reasons lacking any substance, and picking on him for his age and fortune is ignorant.

Nick Hogan is hardly a comparison for any normal teenager. He has grown up in a household of not just fortune, but superstardom and incredible opportunity. I highly doubt the OP and Nick Hogan have anything in common, but nice try.

The only thing I do agree with is that as a general rule, younger, less experienced drivers are more prone to accidents from lack of judgement than others. I know during my first 2-3 years of driving I had more accidents and tickets than I've had in the last 6-7 and will have in the next 10 most likely. Obviously experience comes with age, but that's not to say that someone 18 cannot possess the maturity and responsibility to drive a 350Z without crashing it.
Old 04-20-2008, 05:06 PM
crg914

Young kids are statistically bad drivers. The slower and less sporty the car they drive the less likely they are to kill themselves/others/raise responsible folks' insurance.
No argument here. That's still not to say that they do exist, and who are any of us to prematurely judge this kid to not be one of them?

Everyone has/is an exception on here....
Disbelieve me if you wish, just supporting my argument.

Rereading that it is pretty funny. It didn't really come out in print like it sounded in my head. Oh well.

That may be true as well. I'm just speaking based on personal experience I've had in real life. Perhaps in teh interw3b people are less patient, more ballsy, and therefore quicker to bash someone they would otherwise just ignore.

Ah well, whatever. People are set in their ways, I'll just let it be.
Old 04-20-2008, 05:07 PM
crg914

link??

Pimpin out the sister on the forum FTMFW!!
Hey I'm proud, what can I say? Ya know, if I wasn't her brother...........

JK.
Old 04-20-2008, 05:08 PM
halfass872

No argument here. That's still not to say that they do exist, and who are any of us to prematurely judge this kid to not be one of them?

Disbelieve me if you wish, just supporting my argument.

Rereading that it is pretty funny. It didn't really come out in print like it sounded in my head. Oh well.

That may be true as well. I'm just speaking based on personal experience I've had in real life. Perhaps in teh interw3b people are less patient, more ballsy, and therefore quicker to bash someone they would otherwise just ignore.

Ah well, whatever. People are set in their ways, I'll just let it be.

You do realize this is just a silly car forum, and you can walk away from the keyboard at anytime right?
Old 04-20-2008, 05:16 PM
crg914

You do realize this is just a silly car forum, and you can walk away from the keyboard at anytime right?
Of course, hence the "I'll just let it be". It really makes no difference to me, I guess I'm just more patient and forgiving than some.

I've just been hitting refresh while making dinner. Wife will be home from a baby shower in a little while so......
Old 04-20-2008, 05:20 PM
Hraesvelg
Got Uranium?

Wife will be home from a baby shower in a little while so......
*chicka bow wow....*
Old 04-20-2008, 05:26 PM
crg914

*chicka bow wow....*

No no no, baby shower for someone else. Hopefully at least 4-5 years from having a kid. She's got an IUD.

<---Thanks God for medical science
Old 04-20-2008, 05:28 PM
Hraesvelg
Got Uranium?

No no no, baby shower for someone else. Hopefully at least 4-5 years from having a kid. She's got an IUD.

<---Thanks God for medical science
My wife's looking at those. She on the nouveaux (sp?) ring now.

I don't think I'll ever want to have kids, (I'm almost 30).
Old 04-20-2008, 05:31 PM
crg914

My wife's looking at those. She on the nouveaux (sp?) ring now.

I don't think I'll ever want to have kids, (I'm almost 30).
I'm not sure which one she has. I do know however, that it hurt like a b*tch and she had bad cramps during her period for the first few months. Ever since then though, it's been smooth sailing, if ya' know what I mean
Old 04-20-2008, 05:33 PM
ni$mo350

You're comparing drinking and driving with buying an 18 year old a new car. Wow, I'm not even sure where to start with that one.

Also, please explain to me how giving a kid a chance to prove he can drive a new Z without wrecking it is ignorant. IMO, condemning someone you don't know, for reasons lacking any substance, and picking on him for his age and fortune is ignorant.

Nick Hogan is hardly a comparison for any normal teenager. He has grown up in a household of not just fortune, but superstardom and incredible opportunity. I highly doubt the OP and Nick Hogan have anything in common, but nice try.

The only thing I do agree with is that as a general rule, younger, less experienced drivers are more prone to accidents from lack of judgement than others. I know during my first 2-3 years of driving I had more accidents and tickets than I've had in the last 6-7 and will have in the next 10 most likely. Obviously experience comes with age, but that's not to say that someone 18 cannot possess the maturity and responsibility to drive a 350Z without crashing it.
Your last paragraph just disproved the above ones.... You admitted there's a bigger chance to get into accidents when you're younger. You can prevent it by not buying your 18 year old kid a Z. There's a chance he might not wreck it and might drive responsbile but there's also a great chance that his friends will tell him to push it. I've personally lost 3 friends in car accidents in highschool alone due to stupidity and guess what? They were all in performance cars. They were trying to show off for their friends because they had a performance car! If they had a geo none of their friends would have told them to push it or felt the need to. Another one of my friends had her feet on the dash and is now paralyzed! Yes it was her fault for putting her feet up there but it wasn't her fault that her then b/f tried to impress her and her friends. Think of it like this: A kid will more than likely crash if they were on a sportbike than a touring bike....

EDIT: I'm not trying to argue back and forth with you and you may be right about the guy either way you were told to read the thread previously for a reason. You can tell from what he posted alone on how he would drive the car and what the outcome will more than likely be. Seriously read his posts then come back to us saying you think he's responsible enough to own a Z....

Last edited by ni$mo350; 04-20-2008 at 05:37 PM.
Old 04-20-2008, 05:36 PM
crg914

Originally Posted by ni$mo350
Your last paragraph just disproved the above ones.... You admitted there's a bigger chance to get into accidents when you're younger. You can prevent it by not buying your 18 year old kid a Z. There's a chance he might not wreck it and might drive responsbile but there's also a great chance that his friends will tell him to push it. I've personally lost 3 friends in car accidents in highschool alone due to stupidity and guess what? They were all in performance cars. They were trying to show off for their friends because they had a performance car! If they had a geo none of their friends would have told them to push it or felt the need to. Another one of my friends had her feet on the dash and is now paralyzed! Yes it was her fault for putting her feet up there but it wasn't her fault that her then b/f tried to impress her and her friends. Think of it like this: A kid will more than likely crash if they were on a sportbike than a touring bike....
That's fine, I already said I'm done arguing about this, now onto more important things.........my jambalaya
Old 04-20-2008, 05:38 PM
ni$mo350

That's fine, I already said I'm done arguing about this, now onto more important things.........my jambalaya

Read the edit that I put in my post... Cheers to your Jamabalya that sounds Friggin GRUB!!!!
Old 04-20-2008, 06:21 PM
xDIEGOx

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Too long to read. Any cliff notes?

Quick Reply: New 2007 Z For My 18th B-Day