Notices
New Owners Welcome to the Family!

new to me 350z

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2013, 09:53 PM
tartes350z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new to me 350z

Hey guys what's going on just picked up a 03 touring edition 350z last week. And decided to finally post on here. Will try and upload some pica but for right now all I have is my phone I know my last forum I was on pics from the phone never really worked out. But anways I'm from northern kentucky so if anyone on here is close to cinci or Florence ky and ever have some meets let me know. So far I absolutely love the Z my last few vehiclas have been lifted cummins haven't really had a sports car sense my old Porsche. Definitely feels great to be back in a car that handels so good. Went to look at the car it was way up in Indiana after gettinf screwed over and over again with buying a used car I definitely took my time inspecting everything on the car. Thanks to this forum was able to look for the major things. Nothing was wrong aside from a few minor light scratches and hideous chrome tail lights. 4 hour drive home car ran like a brand new car. Two days ago I noticed that when Im in 4th crusing and step on the gas rpms will reach about 4500 then almost as if its hitting a rev limiter. Serched this forum up and down and thought it could be the clutch after seeseeing how some of you say to test it by putting it in 5th gear ay 30 mph so did that and absolutely no problems no check engine light nothing so I'm kind of baffled at what's going on. Hopefully somone could chime in something to try and fix this. Besides that the ugly tail light ended up breaking off which no big deal planned on replacing them anyways just decided to be the same night I was running late to work and got pulled over because of it lol. My luck tho. Cop was nice and understanding thank god haha.and last thing is the drivers window motor but have already expected that after reading everything about these cars. But anyways that's a long enough intro just wanted to say hey and introduce myself and my new car. This is not my first forum and I always try and search my problems out before starting a new thread and annoying people i know how that goes. Oh and ignore the username my phone decided to auto correct it and I didn't notice . And the only mods done to the car is a nismo spoiler which the salesmen tried to explain to me why the tail light ended up breaking was bc so much extra weight due to the all *aluminum wing* clearly fiberglass lol but I just let all the salesmen think they know everything. And a borla exhaust.
Old 05-13-2013, 09:55 PM
tartes350z

* apologize for that all running together as I said I only have my phone to use right now didn't realize I typed so much
Old 05-14-2013, 05:07 AM
DayZblue350Z

well, welcome regardless. not going to lie. that was a lot to read and i may have skipped some of it.
someone may know about that rpm problem

i have a busted passenger window motor. it leaves about a 2 inch crack in my window so water gets in.

anyways welcome!
pics or car in question doesn't exist!
Old 05-14-2013, 10:40 AM
Syner

Received 829 Likes on 646 Posts

Pair. Of. Graphs.
Old 05-14-2013, 02:45 PM
BoomerZ33

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

welcome
Old 05-14-2013, 02:57 PM
BornSlippyZ

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Welcome and congrats!

Join the Ohio G/Z club for GTG on FB.
Old 05-14-2013, 06:01 PM
jhowald93

Originally Posted by tartes350z
* apologize for that all running together as I said I only have my phone to use right now didn't realize I typed so much
thumbs must be killing u lol
Old 05-14-2013, 07:36 PM
tartes350z

Syner: yeah Im sorry about that.
Bornslippyz just sent them a request to join the group thanks for telling me about. And thanks everyone else for not gettin to mad about the extremely long texts lol
Old 05-14-2013, 08:26 PM
tartes350z

As far as pics goes I'm kinda screwed until I get my laptop fixed but if someone wouldn't mind posting up a pix for me I could send it thru email or something.
Old 05-15-2013, 10:53 PM
tartes350z

So after spending 3 days searching thia forum up and down and with some help of some 350z guys off a facebook group I've narrowed my problem down. Its either the crank or cam sensor...hopefully that is lol my car has all the symptoms everyone else had when it ended up being there sensors.
After a highway drive and actually opening the car up a little ses, vds, and slip light came on and the car has horrible performance. So on my way home in the morning I'm gonna pick up my buddys scantool and hope to God the codes are for one of the sensors so I can get this thing fixed and start to enjoy my new car
Old 05-15-2013, 11:15 PM
tartes350z

So after spending 3 days searching thia forum up and down and with some help of some 350z guys off a facebook group I've narrowed my problem down. Its either the crank or cam sensor...hopefully that is lol my car has all the symptoms everyone else had when it ended up being there sensors.
After a highway drive and actually opening the car up a little ses, vds, and slip light came on and the car has horrible performance. So on my way home in the morning I'm gonna pick up my buddys scantool and hope to God the codes are for one of the sensors so I can get this thing fixed and start to enjoy my new car
Old 05-16-2013, 11:35 AM
jhowald93

Yeah doesnt sound like a clutch issue to me..get a DVOM and check the sensors
Old 05-16-2013, 09:16 PM
tartes350z

Originally Posted by jhowald93
Yeah doesnt sound like a clutch issue to me..get a DVOM and check the sensors
Got home yesterday morning waiting on my buddy to bring me the scantool I went ahead and unhooked the negative battery try the ecu reset again just for the hell of it. Changed spark plugs cleaned maf and made sure all sensors were clicked in completely. Buddy showed up with the scan tool when I was finishing started it up no lights on anymore what so ever. Car now runs absolutely perfect and I can now enjoy my new car lol.