Notices
New Owners Welcome to the Family!

zwei_the_c's Introduction & New HR Z33 (+Photo Dump)

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2017, 12:12 AM
zwei_the_c

Received 131 Likes on 93 Posts
Post zwei_the_c's Introduction & New HR Z33 (+Photo Dump)

Hello,
Today I created an account as a premier member to support this forum as I used to lurk around here for info. Also to redeem myself for using adblock 24/7. Lastly, I wanted to show that not all new owners of today's 350Z will be riced out and beaten to death. But at least a small of those new owners, while still young still tastefully mods away. But no doubt will there be more bad/awful looking one tomorrow then you'll see some real nice one as well while that may be a small number let alone be HR owners.

I've been Z-Hunting since April 2016 and had a strict requirement that it had to meet while looking: HR-ONLY, PPW, Clean Title, >100K Miles, Touring+, 1-Owner, Stock or tastily modified to the bone. Can be AT or MT. I was willing to learn MT, but was comfortable with AT in heavy traffic. With a budget of $14K or less.

In the end on September 2016, I landed on a 2007 350Z AT Clean title Touring in Magnetic Black Pearl with 1-owner with 98K Highway miles with the Nav. System which is a HUGE plus IMO. The Nav. System really makes the interior of the Z33 much more better to look at then the chubby which looks cheap. All for $11.4K.

Honestly, the frost interior is gorgeous and slightly rare. The burnt orange is amazing though.

My Z at the time of purchase was fully stock minus the god awful wheels.
So that being said, my journey from there begins or the money pit begins.

UPS Dropped off Rays wheels.

Rays Gramlight 57XTREME 18x9.5 +22 in front, 18x10.5 +12 in rears

Injen Dual long-tube Intake Polished

Kinetix Racing High-Flow Cats, went for HFC to avoid CEL and more modest sound.

Megan Racing 32-Ways Track Series Coliover, forgot product picture before.

Carbon Fiber Door Barrier, applied onto existing piece. Looks nice, I'm not planning to do the whole carbon fiber look some people done. I'm only doing it in accent to bring the look in subtly and refreshed.

Clean Z yo, possibly thinking about tinting the rear window. And here you can see me using the garbage HKS Rep. system. The fitment is a nightmare. Planned to run them for a temp. time and possibly looking into Motordyne TDX2 Shockwave, Ark Grip V2 or Tomei Ti

After installation of above product above if not installed already.
The Injen system makes the engine bay so appealing to look at to be honest. So nice indeed.

Gramlight wheels on with Hankook Ventus V12 evo tires. I was going to get Federal RS-RR tires all round, but there was a fire in the Federal manufacturer plant in Thailand so they were not available when I needed them so I had to settle for these for now.

A more aggressive angle of that wheel. Oh, in case you were going to ask, yes, the rear have been rolled to fit. I'm on coilover but still using the OEM camber arms, I need to get a hand on the SPC camber arm/toe link kit when I can, and run wider tires. Preferably 275 from Federal RS-RR which I hear fits more like 285 wide.

16 weeks later and 2 hours in line, after filing for this custom plate.
Believe me, I was shocked no one took this plate on their HR Z33. It would be a total dick move if someone gotten this plate on their DE Z33 lmao

Looking fire, and that natural camber though.

Lastly, a front end of my Z today. I'm now looking into swapping the reflectors to a clear/white reflectors, maybe add a lip for a temp. time.

I like to buy all my parts new when I can. I have few ideas of how I want my Z to go in terms of visual department and performance. My focus is a track/showcar that I'll DD.

Thinking I might go with Superleggera in Black with some minor mods, or go PPW, while that may be expensive, but at least my PPW paint will look so new and fresh, it'll be better than anyone's PPW. Our paint today are over 10 years old on our Zs after-all.

Anyway, that's enough for now. Please I hoped you enjoyed reading and viewing this thread of mine. I hope to open up and try out a car meet for the first time and meet some of you guys so I can eye your Z so cue me in.
Follow me on Instagram, and I'll follow you as well.

- ZWEI
The following 2 users liked this post by zwei_the_c:
Atreyu'z 350 (05-17-2017), Spike100 (05-04-2017)
Old 04-29-2017, 06:05 AM
jhc
General & Tech Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 2,225 Likes on 1,594 Posts

Welcome and congratz!
Old 05-03-2017, 03:19 PM
Spike100

Received 203 Likes on 173 Posts

Old 05-03-2017, 04:57 PM
Dan Garcia

Received 58 Likes on 50 Posts

congrats and welcome to the forum.
Old 05-03-2017, 06:37 PM
stogey420time
Club Moderator
the Hot Spot

Received 78 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by zwei_the_c
Lastly, I wanted to show that not all new owners of today's 350Z will be riced out and beaten to death. But at least a small of those new owners, while still young still tastefully mods away. But no doubt will there be more bad/awful looking one tomorrow then you'll see some real nice one as well while that may be a small number let alone be HR owners.
It's good to see someone willing to add tasteful/expensive mods on the 3fiddy. Couple of weeks ago I sold my like new oem shift **** to someone who recently bought a well maintained z like yours. After seeing my car, he called it a unicorn because you don't see a well maintained 350z often.

GL on your new whip... everything you need to know about this car is here, happy modding.
Old 05-03-2017, 11:46 PM
zwei_the_c

Originally Posted by stogey420time
It's good to see someone willing to add tasteful/expensive mods on the 3fiddy. Couple of weeks ago I sold my like new oem shift **** to someone who recently bought a well maintained z like yours. After seeing my car, he called it a unicorn because you don't see a well maintained 350z often.

GL on your new whip... everything you need to know about this car is here, happy modding.
Thanks, there's a reason why I want an HR 350Z as oppose to a 370Z. Modding money.
Actually, I saw a member on here selling an ARC exhaust, but seems like I don't have the mean for it right now. Maybe another time when I have the cash in hand.

PS - I like your Volks. Classy.
The following users liked this post:
stogey420time (05-04-2017)
Old 05-04-2017, 04:11 AM
travlee
Master

Received 9,045 Likes on 6,511 Posts

keep an eye on the cats, i had them and had one crack pretty bad. when i called Kinetix for replacement under their "lifetime warranty" they told me it would be cheaper to have it welded locally, vs shipping it to them. needless to say, they were off the car and sold shortly there after
zwei_the_c (05-04-2017)
Old 05-04-2017, 07:43 AM
trevorbr2

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Very clean car! It's nice to see someone local to me, I'm in Fontana myself.
Old 05-04-2017, 02:45 PM
zwei_the_c

Originally Posted by travlee
keep an eye on the cats, i had them and had one crack pretty bad. when i called Kinetix for replacement under their "lifetime warranty" they told me it would be cheaper to have it welded locally, vs shipping it to them. needless to say, they were off the car and sold shortly there after
I knew the Kinetix HFC makes this hissing/ringing noise as your RPM gets high, but did not know about them cracking.
Was it around the welds or the honeycomb rattling? Do you know when that happened to you in mileage time?

Thanks for the heads up, if it fails on me, I'll switch to ART Test pipes then.
Old 05-04-2017, 03:06 PM
travlee
Master

Received 9,045 Likes on 6,511 Posts

I noticed when by a while, it cracked at where the pipe goes to the canister connects to the honeycomb part and also the bigger cannister. Under a year on the car.
zwei_the_c (05-04-2017)
Old 05-14-2017, 12:38 PM
Frostydc4

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Congrats

I have the HR Z33 vanity plate also
Old 05-14-2017, 02:11 PM
zwei_the_c

Originally Posted by Frostydc4
Congrats

I have the HR Z33 vanity plate also
Oh? Nice. You know at first, I always thought plate number were limited to the country, but then I realized it's state by state per DMV office. So, there's 50 HR Z33 plates owners out there maybe.

I saw a picture of a New York Z with that plate, then mine, then yours. Can I get a picture?

Haven't seen a "DE Z33"
Old 05-14-2017, 02:22 PM
zwei_the_c

Recent images taken. Can follow me on Instagram for more pictures and my slow journey.

Atreyu'z 350 (05-17-2017)
Old 05-17-2017, 03:26 PM
zakmartin

Received 512 Likes on 377 Posts

The wheels on your car are pure sex. I love the black old-style plate as well. You've been an impressive addition to the boards. Welcome.
zwei_the_c (05-17-2017)
Old 05-17-2017, 03:44 PM
zwei_the_c

Originally Posted by zakmartin
The wheels on your car are pure sex. I love the black old-style plate as well. You've been an impressive addition to the boards. Welcome.
I need some Akebono BBK to complement the sexy wheels. I'll have to pick those up later. I think Silver-color would be best with cross-drilled rotors.

Thanks for your comment.
Old 05-17-2017, 04:47 PM
MicVelo
350Z/370Z Tech Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 3,253 Likes on 2,314 Posts

Originally Posted by zakmartin
I'd agree on all counts but..... I'm still puzzled over the avatar.

Atreyu'z 350 (05-17-2017)
Old 05-17-2017, 06:06 PM
Atreyu'z 350

Received 262 Likes on 228 Posts

Originally Posted by MicVelo

Yeah.. i can't look at it for very long it freaks me out
Old 05-17-2017, 06:06 PM
Atreyu'z 350

Received 262 Likes on 228 Posts

...i still luv ya brah
zwei_the_c (05-18-2017)
Old 05-18-2017, 03:58 PM
zwei_the_c

New body panel, also this is my first "cosmetic" mod truth be told with exception of wheels.
Old 05-19-2017, 09:09 AM
zakmartin

Received 512 Likes on 377 Posts

Originally Posted by MicVelo
Every time I see that avatar, I think of the day, not too far in the future, when computers achieve Kurzweil's Singularity and take over the planet. She's like the hottie terminator from Rise of the Machines, only she's made out of rubber.

Quick Reply: zwei_the_c's Introduction & New HR Z33 (+Photo Dump)