Input on best mods for my auto 03 350z

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2017, 04:06 PM
MicVelo
350Z/370Z Tech Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 3,255 Likes on 2,316 Posts

Originally Posted by Atreyu'z 350
Jeez, Mic. I love when you vomit Z info.
BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF. Z.

Would you prefer I stop? I could, I suppose.

Maybe.

Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.......maybe not. Just gots too mush Nissan/Datsun in da head to contain myself.
Old 06-21-2017, 05:11 PM
carbuffguy

Received 122 Likes on 97 Posts

Originally Posted by travlee
I got 17whp for a total cost of $3200. No way he will 20 or 30
i was being generous- you're right 30 is alots
Old 06-21-2017, 08:01 PM
Frostydc4

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Like the others said the first thing I would change out are the bushings. After that next would be to change pumpkins with a 6MT car to get the 3.5FD. That was the biggest improvement on my 5AT G35C (even more than the engine mods).
Old 06-21-2017, 09:25 PM
terrasmak
Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 2,284 Likes on 1,646 Posts

Originally Posted by AOsborne
For budget 2k or less preferably.. the handling is nice and tight as is and I don't really have any intention of tracking it until wayyy later down the road. I am looking for a little more power and I'm also aware that it doesn't matter how much you have unless you can apply it to the ground. Aesthetics is also another point of interest for me as well. The order of doing things advice is part of the suggestions I am looking for on here and I appreciate that. I agree that it does have plenty enough power for the average driver but coming from a racing background it just needs a little more for me to be content.
Has plenty of power actually and as others have said, you will not gain much power for your budget. Biggest improvement for your cash, 3.7 gearset, get a diff from a 370z or G37. Simple to swap.

Then, nice lightweight wheels with a wider tire. Stock wheels are boat anchors, and stock tires are narrow. Lighter helps, and wider helps
The following users liked this post:
Atreyu'z 350 (06-22-2017)
Old 06-22-2017, 03:49 AM
carbuffguy

Received 122 Likes on 97 Posts

Originally Posted by MicVelo
OK, now that that's cleared up, let's make something perfectly clear here. This is NOT about anyone "putting anyone down", it's a general condemnation - in this case, miscontrued and for that, my apologies - of street racing and the stupidity of those doing so. (I usually don't trigger easily but this is a very sore spot to me, if you couldn't tell. )

So, I harken back to earlier posts by myself and others.... when you say you want to enhance the feeling of the car, are we talking handling, aesthetics, power or....?

And again, the key question: BUDGET?

In general, the Z33 has enough power for most people who can handle it.

Next comes handling then. You swapped springs, OK....but what about the shocks - which control said springs? Sway bars stock? If so, that's the next thing (or the first thing if shocks are already decent). Is your alignment set with the new springs? If so, how? Alignment gear? Within stock adjustability only?

Point is, you need to get specific here as one thing is attached to another and there's an order of doing things to get it right.
Hey you snipped me on this and beat me to the punch - NOW I sound like a echo - dang you MICHAEL...
Old 06-22-2017, 05:35 AM
Atreyu'z 350

Received 262 Likes on 228 Posts

Originally Posted by MicVelo
BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF. Z.

Would you prefer I stop? I could, I suppose.

Maybe.

Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.......maybe not. Just gots too mush Nissan/Datsun in da head to contain myself.

Ha!.. No, please don't. It gets recycled, trust me. I learned a lot about the Z from you and a couple other members here(Most of them are in this thread). I know cars, but I don't know the Z like that yet.. A big thanks for that.