Notices
New Owners Welcome to the Family!

New Z Owner

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2018, 09:16 AM
FlashEvolution

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Default New Z Owner

A couple weeks back I picked up my first Nissan, a 2003 350z. I currently have my dedicated daily 98 Honda CRV that I love dearly and my love/hate relationship with a 2003 Mitsubishi Evolution. I wanted a car I could dedicate as a project/fun car that would be cheaper to maintain than the evo, hopefully break a little less, have a decent amount of power and good handling capability, be RWD and I would be perfectly content with damaging it (its no show car) while the evo retires and continues its reputation as the broken yet beautiful garage queen.

I had the car towed home a few weeks back (rear wheel bearing failure and didn't feel comfortable driving it 60 miles to its new home) My goals with the 350z is convert it back to stock (temporarily, I just want the car to look and be mechanically sound while I go through and repair all its haggard issues) and go through the entire car to update its long over due maintenance. My long term goal is to dedicate the car as a track car, do an absurd amount of burn outs, learn how to drift (this is my first RWD car, all previous have been FWD Hondas and AWD) and focus on my driving skills without worrying about rod bearings spinning and spending $7k in repairs (my evo spun a rod bearing at my FIRST ever autox with it, after I just replaced all its bent intake and exhaust valves when the previous owner set the timing belt few teeth off and said it just "needed a tune" and they also left a couple cam seal springs in the oil pan that didn't come out with oil changes, whoops.) I plan on pushing this car hard and loving every second of seat time with it.

I'll upload a before and after photo to give a general idea of the rice mobile I am working with. Top photo is when I picked it up, bottom photo is current.