MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion

MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion (https://my350z.com/forum/)
-   NISMO 350Z (https://my350z.com/forum/nismo-350z-476/)
-   -   Does my car deserve a Nismo badge? (https://my350z.com/forum/nismo-350z/601470-does-my-car-deserve-a-nismo-badge.html)

DeusExMaxima 02-11-2015 12:33 PM

Does my car deserve a Nismo badge?

I have an 05 convertible that I have been modifying with Nismo pieces. My thread is detailed in the convertible section of this forum. I would like the opinion of Nismo Z owners as to whether its ok with you if I put the authentic Nismo badge on the rear. Here is my argument in favor of allowing the badge.

I have OEM Nismo front and rear bumpers, OEM nismo muffler, OEM nismo side skirt extensions are on the way from Courtesy Nissan, OEM Nismo red and black seats, OEM Nismo steering wheel, Nismo V1 spoiler. I have OEM Nismo door panels on the way. I went with Track edition rims painted gunmetal with Nismo decals because they are much lighter than the Nismo rims and a fourth of the cost. I also went with 06+ brakes painted gold with red Nissan decals since they are about a sixth of the cost of Brembos yet they are an upgrade from the original brakes. I have a GTR shift knob. I also have a K and N air filter. I plan to update the rest of the interior with 06+ center console and shift bezel and a newer 06+ radio so the steering wheel control knobs work. I also plan to swap the shocks for Tokico and I may install Tein S springs to lower the car slightly.

So....in your opinion.....should I get the rear Nismo badge...yes or no?

iideadeyeii 02-11-2015 12:53 PM

Who cares. They do it with Malibu and Chevelle SS clones all the time.

jhc 02-11-2015 01:24 PM

As a zr brother, I like you have the stones to invest that much time and money. Tranny, suspension and cams don't line up, most of your project is appearance mods.
It's your car and your dream. Do it, haters gonna hate. Just be honest when you sell it.

AroundMyHorn 02-11-2015 02:17 PM

No it does not. Don't fake the funk man, just keep it real. Got any pics?

dkmura 02-11-2015 02:30 PM

Sorry- your ZR is not a NISMO product. So NO, don't put on a poser's badge and make it any more apparent.

Sickboy101 02-11-2015 02:56 PM

Not a factory Nismo... An easy NO.

Seems you have enough Nismo Decals to suffice.

RUNWDVL 02-11-2015 03:54 PM

I think it's no difference than people putting Fairlady badge on.

MicVelo 02-11-2015 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by DeusExMaxima (Post 10545818)
I have an 05 convertible that I have been modifying with Nismo pieces. My thread is detailed in the convertible section of this forum. I would like the opinion of Nismo Z owners as to whether its ok with you if I put the authentic Nismo badge on the rear. Here is my argument in favor of allowing the badge.
[clip]
So....in your opinion.....should I get the rear Nismo badge...yes or no?

Here, my tongue & cheek take on this.

And the response following my post. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAA....

By the way, I've only driven the car a couple times since then and each time, I covered my face when near other cars. :p

sag 02-11-2015 04:13 PM

go for it man. feck purists.

DeusExMaxima 02-11-2015 04:42 PM

Originally Posted by AroundMyHorn (Post 10545876)
No it does not. Don't fake the funk man, just keep it real. Got any pics?

Lots on my nismo convertible thread

turboed350z 02-11-2015 04:46 PM

Would you wear a police outfir if yourr not an officer? If it aint a nismo dont put the badge on simple as that. I use to own a saleen and i hated people who did this. You want a nismo badge, shouldve bought a nismo.

WSchli1672 02-11-2015 05:13 PM

It's up to you and nobody else, just remember when you get a challenge and no doubt you will, they will take it as a Nismo. There is always somebody out there that challenges us Z owners, so no big deal and they judge our car by the way it looks. But make it look the way you like and when you hang out with your other Z/G owners meets, it will look only as good as you make it. I sort of keep mine looking clean and (491hp), I don't advertise, but a nice surprise when the Z predators show up. Many, many Zer's dress up their cars, which is what you like doing, so don't be influenced by anybody else, just go for what you like. That is what makes good conversations pieces at the meets. Enjoy your car the way you like it, but always be up front front with your friends and meet gatherings. The bottom line is this: If it isn't a complete Nismo, then it really isn't a Nismo and honestly, it wouldn't really seem logical to do. But that is only an opinion of course and everybody has their own. MicVelo has a good post to check out too.

AroundMyHorn 02-11-2015 06:29 PM

Originally Posted by DeusExMaxima (Post 10545960)
Lots on my nismo convertible thread

Oh man, where do I begin. Reasons why you should not do so.

1. It's a convertible equipped with an automatic transmission.

2. It's a convertible equipped with an automatic transmission.

3. It's a convertible equipped with an automatic transmission!!!!!!!

LOL, really though, the main reason not to do so is because you don't have a nismo, plain and simple. Just be proud of the car you are building and call it your own.

Also, man, this forum must have really fallen on off as I've already seen a few people advocate doing such a thing. :icon22:

stogey420time 02-11-2015 07:42 PM

I see you're a long time member so for that... I'm going to chime in and throw my 2 cent. Not that it matters but NO to the Nismo badge.

I went through your entire project nismo roadster thread and give you an A for effort... good luck.

DeusExMaxima 02-11-2015 08:47 PM

i greatly appreciate the feedback and response. That is the reason why I asked before I made a move with the badge. I respect other peoples opinions even though I could do what I want. The OEM Nismo sideskirt extensions came in from Courtesy Nissan. Looks like Ill have a painting project this weekend...;-)

NoQuestionZ 02-11-2015 09:41 PM

Originally Posted by jhc (Post 10545850)
As a zr brother, I like you have the stones to invest that much time and money. Tranny, suspension and cams don't line up, most of your project is appearance mods.
It's your car and your dream. Do it, haters gonna hate. Just be honest when you sell it.

Originally Posted by AroundMyHorn (Post 10546005)
Oh man, where do I begin. Reasons why you should not do so.

1. It's a convertible equipped with an automatic transmission.

2. It's a convertible equipped with an automatic transmission.

3. It's a convertible equipped with an automatic transmission!!!!!!!

LOL, really though, the main reason not to do so is because you don't have a nismo, plain and simple. Just be proud of the car you are building and call it your own.

Also, man, this forum must have really fallen on off as I've already seen a few people advocate doing such a thing. :icon22:

Off topic, but aren't the 2015 Nismo 370s offered in AT?

In my opinion Nismo isn't a Model of car, but the Motorsports and support behind Nissan parts. It's still a 350Z, just like the Nismo is a 350Z.

I have a Nismo Shirt........but I am NOT a Nismo...... :confused:

I still vote no though.

J 0 K 3 R 02-11-2015 09:57 PM

I agree with that my opinion on your car doesnt matter.
BUT, most know a nismo dont cont in convert. Also who cares.
with that said i say go for it
If u had absolutely zero nismo stuff, it might be a no for me.
But u can represent your nissan nismo stuff, go for it man. If u like the logos and have the parts. Rep it. Explain it to those that ask. And be stoked on your modded Z. It will look good either way.

also im putting a nismo v3 rep. Front Bumper on my 06 z. Guess what?! The v3 is not made for the 06. But i like my 06 lm sunset color more than a n 07-08 z brighter color orange. So im doing it it. And it will look unique as F***at shows.

DeusExMaxima 02-11-2015 10:26 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is a pic of the OEM Nismo sideskirt extensions test fit on the car...
Attachment 395733

Ill paint them this weekend

NoQuestionZ 02-12-2015 12:42 AM

Originally Posted by J 0 K 3 R (Post 10546075)
I agree with that my opinion on your car doesnt matter.
BUT, most know a nismo dont cont in convert. Also who cares.
with that said i say go for it
If u had absolutely zero nismo stuff, it might be a no for me.
But u can represent your nissan nismo stuff, go for it man. If u like the logos and have the parts. Rep it. Explain it to those that ask. And be stoked on your modded Z. It will look good either way.

also im putting a nismo v3 rep. Front Bumper on my 06 z. Guess what?! The v3 is not made for the 06. But i like my 06 lm sunset color more than a n 07-08 z brighter color orange. So im doing it it. And it will look unique as F***at shows.

Who is your paint guy? I know Le Mans Sunset HAS to be harder to match than Pikes Peak White, and my front is almost bright white where as the rest is PPW...

vex008 02-12-2015 05:50 AM

Its basically just another step in your nismo quest for all things nismo so I would say do it. and mark it off your bucket list.
all the parts and labour cost may have been easier to sell the vert and get an actual nismo tho? huge maybe, as i don't know the sale value on the vert vs the nismo.