Notices
NISMO 350Z The Limited Edition Best Handling Z Ever.

Nismo #1251

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2018, 06:29 PM
LunchBox20

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Hahaa yeah, I just saw that. Whats funny is I've been featured on SH before, usually in the background of pictures 😂😂
Old 04-07-2019, 07:09 PM
LunchBox20

**UPDATE**
So I discovered that one of the rear wheels wasnt holding air. On inspection I found out there was a crack in the inner barrel.
Not really mad as these were the original barrels from 1997.
The wheel is already at Sensei 6 and should be back soon!
At some point, I'm going to rebuild all 4 with updated outer lips and new barrels.

Last edited by LunchBox20; 04-07-2019 at 07:19 PM.
Old 04-07-2019, 07:25 PM
LunchBox20

Meanwhile, while I'm waiting on the wheel to get fixed, some of my friends are letting me tryout their cars, in hopes of convincing me to pick one up. 😎🤗

Nissan Skyline GT-R BNR32

Old 04-13-2019, 06:50 AM
Lumpia_Boy

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Nice thread man! I have my old TE37 Sagas in bronze for sale. The metallurgy is different and they shaved alot of weight off compared to previous SLs that I'm running now.

Specs are 18x10.5 +24 and 18x9.5 +22 front. I went square with my new setup.
Old 03-05-2020, 12:32 PM
LunchBox20

Originally Posted by Lumpia_Boy
Nice thread man! I have my old TE37 Sagas in bronze for sale. The metallurgy is different and they shaved alot of weight off compared to previous SLs that I'm running now.

Specs are 18x10.5 +24 and 18x9.5 +22 front. I went square with my new setup.

Oh those are dope. I've been kicking around the idea of changing up the wheels, but I don't think I'll be able to find another set of LMGT1s down the road at the going rate they go for now. Likely going to have them refinished and take the to the grave,lol.
Old 03-05-2020, 12:38 PM
LunchBox20

Bump for the old thread.

UPDATE::

Well the Z has been pulling daily driver duty for a good while, and ejoying spirited drives through the Angeles Crest Mountains on the weekends here in L.A. After being inspired to start doing more content on the car for my vlog Behind the Wheel, I've decided that its time that this Texan enjoyed his first California track day.
With that said, I'm going to refresh some things on the car, upgrade some things on the car and get out to an Auto Cross event, and hit a track day here in California.

Whats planned for the car?
Energy Suspension polyurethane bushings
SPL solid aluminum shock bushings
CSF aluminum radiator
Z1 oil cooler
clutch and flywheel
new coilovers/or have the BC coilovers currently on the car rebuilt
rebuild the Nismo/RAYS LMGT1 wheels (I believe there may be a bend in the front wheels)

*trying to decide if I want to do a catback, or polish up the OEM muffler, and just do test pipes.

There are some little things that I also want to address, such as cleaning up the interior, replacing some OEM parts, etc. Nothing to do with tracking the car, but just stuff for my peace of mind.

Last edited by LunchBox20; 11-23-2020 at 07:12 PM.
Old 11-04-2020, 01:29 PM
LunchBox20

So its been a good while since I've updated this thread, so just going to jump right in....

Car has been phenomenal for the most part. I had to address some of the wear and tear and replace some things. The driver side window motor went out (typical) so I replaced that. The hatch actuator went out as well, so I replaced that.

I did recently install a CSF aluminum radiator before attending my first Auto Cross event here in SoCal at the AutoClub Speedway.

However, after having an amazing day with friends at the event, on the way home, the lovely roads of Los Angeles, decided to throw me a couple of curve *****.
First, an 18 wheeler that I was coming up on, kicked up a massive chunk of rubber which smashed the windshield, and then a van hit a while damn couch, and sent it flying into my lane.

So now the car is in the body shop, getting new front and rear bumpers, as well as cleaning up a lot of the petina from daily driving. This car will always be a drivers car, but will also be kept in the best condition possible.
Old 11-04-2020, 01:30 PM
LunchBox20

Whats next for the car?

Once she gets back from the body shop, I'll install a set of test pipes, polish up the OEM muffler, as well as installing the polyurethane bushings and SPL solid bushings.
The following users liked this post:
MicVelo (11-04-2020)
Old 11-05-2020, 08:45 PM
i8acobra

Received 1,267 Likes on 1,015 Posts

Which autocross? I go to the NMCA West events at Autoclub. I'm usually in a maroon prepped CTS-V.
Old 11-11-2020, 02:36 PM
LunchBox20

Originally Posted by i8acobra
Which autocross? I go to the NMCA West events at Autoclub. I'm usually in a maroon prepped CTS-V.
This event was hosted by Speed Ventures at the Auto Club Speedway. I was going to run the event this past weekend, however my car is in the body shop, and the rental isn't really ideal for autox,lol.
Oh nice man, I LOOOVE CTS-Vs. I was looking for a wagon for the longest time, and saw how high the prices on those are, so moved down to the ATS-V as a replacement if the next gen Z were to suck (which it isn't)

Checkout my vlog on the new Nissan Proto Z here

Old 11-11-2020, 03:45 PM
i8acobra

Received 1,267 Likes on 1,015 Posts

This is the car I run. Pic is from the last event I ran at Auto Club.

LunchBox20 (11-23-2020)
Old 12-09-2020, 10:13 AM
LunchBox20

Originally Posted by i8acobra
This is the car I run. Pic is from the last event I ran at Auto Club.

Oh nice! I've actually been looking at Cadlilac's a lot lately. They have great chassis.
Old 01-14-2021, 06:08 PM
LunchBox20

UPDATE:
I got the car back from the body shop and it looks freaking phenomenal. New bumpers front and rear, new hardware and all mounting brackets! Letting the paint gas out for a few weeks then it goes back to the body shop for another cut and polish, as well as installing new hood rubber seal, and seals for the side skirts.

Had an issue the other day, and after looking into it, it seems my cooling fan motor may be on the fritz, so replaced the blown relay, and will see if it keeps acting up. If so I'll put on a new radiator fan motor, and go from there. Trying to knock out all of the little maintenance stuff, so I can get back to buying fun parts for the car.

I plan on doing a full photoshoot once EVERYTHING is done, but here is a quick teaser!!

i8acobra (01-14-2021)
Old 03-08-2021, 04:37 PM
LunchBox20

UPDATE:
The clip that held the electric fan wiring broke, and the wiring was rubbing through by one of the pulleys. I installed new aftermarket cooling motors, and issue fixed!!

Lately work has been slowing down some projects and content I'm making with the Nismo, but some simple parts are on the way from Z1. Replacing the hatch struts, as I'm tired of the damn hatch falling on my head. I also ordered fresh OEM Nismo floormats for the vehicle to get another step closer to finishing the clean up. Next I need to have the driverside seat cover repaired, then have the seats deep cleaned and the interior will be nearly 100% condition for a car that has 178k on it.

The next big step is refreshing the suspension, and then rebuilding the Nismo LMGT1 wheels for a refresh.
Old 03-12-2021, 11:42 AM
mdd

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

good work! Glad to see people still take care of these cars
Old 03-19-2021, 12:23 PM
LunchBox20

Originally Posted by mdd
good work! Glad to see people still take care of these cars
I feel like these vehicles will hit their collector stride, and sadly only a few will be in pristine condition.
Old 06-17-2021, 10:08 AM
LunchBox20

UPDATE:

White preparing for that last auto-x I noticed that this vehicle needed a complete suspension overhaul. I ordered TEIN Flex Z coilovers. I realize I could have gone with a coilover with way more adjustability, but this car is a daily driver, that hits tracks and canyons on weekends.

Since this is a daily driver, I didn't want to get to crazy with solid bushings so after speaking with a close friend who sets up cars, we decided to do SPL solid bushings on the shock mounts and the compression arm, and will use Energy Suspension poly bushings for the chassis bushings.

I can't wait to get these installed and everything dialed in.
jhc (06-17-2021)
Old 12-07-2021, 01:06 PM
LunchBox20

**UPDATE**

As I mentioned earlier I've been researching and working on bringing some media on the Nismo to YouTube and Instagram through my page Behind the Wheel. I am going to purchase a new Nissan Z when they come out, so I've decided to document and shoot what I've done to the Nismo since I've owned it, and will likely post it for sale when the new Z comes out.

Lots more to do to this Nismo before then. I've replaced some more of the worn interior parts, got the SPL bushings and ES bushings installed and the car aligned by Chewerks, and the car feels great.

I replaced the Z bar plastic as mine was sun damaged and cracked, as well as the driver side door speaker cover.

Just installed the Hawk HPS brake pads with new OE rotors since I couldn't get the StopTech/Centric slotted rotors due to being on back order.

Next will be getting the driverside seat repaired, and then having the whole vehicle detailed.

I may do the rear Z1 subframe inserts, and ES and SPL bushings in the rear, the have the vehicle aligned and corner balanced.

I may also have the vehicle tuned since I've installed the resonated test pipes, and Z1 Y-pipe. I'm doing some more research on this process.

As always, please check out my social media feeds

Instagram & Twitter @GetBTW
www.YouTube.com/GetBehindtheWheel

Last edited by LunchBox20; 12-07-2021 at 01:19 PM.