Notices
NISMO 370Z The Limited Edition Best Handling 370Z Ever.

New Nismo 370Z is an Embarrasment compared to the 350Z

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2010, 06:41 AM
Zazz93

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by NISMO_558
Yes, but what's dumb, it makes the 350 horses at 7400 rpm

Originally Posted by Nexx
you do realize when you racing you tend to keep everything at 4000 rpm and higher right? its great that it hits 350hp at 7400rpm because it gives you a wider rpm band. that is on of the advantages the HR has over the DE, the fact that it hits its peak horsepower higher up the rpm range then the DE giving the HR more power for a longer period of time in each gear.
Sorry Nismo, I gotta agree with Nexx on this one. Having a motor that makes great power from idle to redline is a huge plus. Aside from the way a track/race car runs (constant high RPMs) the fact that it makes its peak HP 100 rpm from the redline bodes well about making substantial hp on minor mods, witnessed in how well the car reacts to bolt-ons.
Old 02-13-2010, 08:25 AM
Lento

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes, but what's dumb, it makes the 350 horses at 7400 rpm
^Yea I know what you mean, because you can really only get it all out in a long straight, or you'll just spin the tires around a corner at that RPM

But I think most cars are guity of this. The E92 M3 doesn't get its 414 hp until like 8,000 RPM
Old 02-13-2010, 11:46 AM
NISMO_558

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

you do realize when you racing you tend to keep everything at 4000 rpm and higher right? its great that it hits 350hp at 7400rpm because it gives you a wider rpm band. that is on of the advantages the HR has over the DE, the fact that it hits its peak horsepower higher up the rpm range then the DE giving the HR more power for a longer period of time in each gear. your complaint doesnt make much sense.

edit, i tried to keep it civil but man i swear, you are freakin moron, this just proves how ignorant you are.
Right back at ya , comimg from you, your insults mean nothing. If insulting people over the internet makes you feel like a bigger man, have at it.

The nismo 370z may have a better powerband, but gee, it doesn't go around a track any faster

Last edited by NISMO_558; 02-13-2010 at 12:18 PM.
Old 02-13-2010, 12:18 PM
lhassall

i tried to keep it civil but man i swear, you are freakin moron, this just proves how ignorant you are.
What is with this guy exploding with rage again? Please correct all the grammatical and typing errors in your posts before calling someone a moron. Sentences start with capital letters. One is spelt with an "e" and "then" should have been "than".

With road gearing, area under the torque curve is king. Extra RPMs are useless unless there's torque to back it up. 276 Ft Ib playing 268 Ft Ib helps explain the minimal real-world advantage, despite the headline-grabbing power difference.

Sadly the other Nismo tweaks to the 370 have also had little demonstrable positive effect on road or track. I don't want the Nismo name devalued to become just a spoiler and wheel styling package, but that's pretty much what you're getting here.

Last edited by lhassall; 02-13-2010 at 12:19 PM.
Old 02-13-2010, 12:37 PM
NISMO_558

Originally Posted by Zazz93
Sorry Nismo, I gotta agree with Nexx on this one. Having a motor that makes great power from idle to redline is a huge plus. Aside from the way a track/race car runs (constant high RPMs) the fact that it makes its peak HP 100 rpm from the redline bodes well about making substantial hp on minor mods, witnessed in how well the car reacts to bolt-ons.
Kiss @ss, the point I'm trying to make is, because it makes it's peak HP 100 rpm before redline, you never really utilize the full 350 HP the VHR offers.
Old 02-13-2010, 06:17 PM
*Boose*

Originally Posted by lhassall
What is with this guy exploding with rage again? Please correct all the grammatical and typing errors in your posts before calling someone a moron. Sentences start with capital letters. One is spelt with an "e" and "then" should have been "than".

With road gearing, area under the torque curve is king. Extra RPMs are useless unless there's torque to back it up. 276 Ft Ib playing 268 Ft Ib helps explain the minimal real-world advantage, despite the headline-grabbing power difference.

Sadly the other Nismo tweaks to the 370 have also had little demonstrable positive effect on road or track. I don't want the Nismo name devalued to become just a spoiler and wheel styling package, but that's pretty much what you're getting here.
Your logic is flawed. So you're saying an E46 M3 is just as fast as the E92 around a track because of area under curve? Nahh.
Old 02-13-2010, 10:44 PM
Zazz93

Kiss @ss, the point I'm trying to make is, because it makes it's peak HP 100 rpm before redline, you never really utilize the full 350 HP the VHR offers.
Bitter party of one

GET OVER IT, and stop hating on the car.
Old 02-13-2010, 10:48 PM
Zazz93

Originally Posted by *Boose*
Your logic is flawed. So you're saying an E46 M3 is just as fast as the E92 around a track because of area under curve? Nahh.
Let it go man... you can't argue with dumbA$$e$, you only end up dumbing down to their level to make a point.

See, look what he made do
Old 02-14-2010, 08:33 AM
NISMO_558

Originally Posted by Zazz93
Bitter party of one

GET OVER IT, and stop hating on the car.
I'm not
Old 01-28-2011, 09:43 AM
Endgame

I have a Base+Sport 370Z, and I was EXTREMELY excited about the Nismo 370Z; I actually waited until it was released before picking up my 370. I will say I am dissapointed with the Nismo 370Z. It seems to me it was made more for drifting as opposed to track duty. It is much heavier than the 370Z base+sport and has a lower lateral G figure.

A slightly tuned (light breather mods such as high flow filters, exhaust mods such as a catback, tune, sways, lighter wheels, better tires such as RE11's, and coilovers) base+sport, with an oil cooler of course, I think will close the gap with Cayman S. The CS' lap was 3:05 in its test, I think a 370 in this configuration could run about two to three seconds behind the CS. The CS is stupid fast with its PDK. That would put the Z at 3:07 or 3:08.

My 370Z weighs in at about 3200 pounds and without great tires, a tune, or oil cooler, I can see the potential. The Z34 is a great setup. Watch some of Sharif from Forged vids of him running on the track with a track setup Z. They do not have many mods, but just gutted the car; it passes GT3s wtih realative ease.

All this said, if you want a quick and fun track car, pick up a base+sport Z and tune her. You will still be cheaper than a TT-RS, Cayman S, 1M coupe, etc, but almost as fast if not faster. If you want to have drifting fun, get the Nismo 370Z.

I will say a lowered Nismo 370Z on Volks does look very nice however. I think the Nismo 350Z was more track (not drift) tuned, but pound for pound, the Z33 cannot hang with the Z34s. I passed on the Z33 when I test drove it and played with one. I immediately was sold on the 370Z after one test drive.
Old 01-28-2011, 12:21 PM
KingBaby
Hardest Setting

Received 130 Likes on 102 Posts

yea...it's a faster car..FACT

I've been over on that 370z site and some of the dyno sheets with just an intake mod are crazy...

the nismos have even stronger incline...

I would buy a nismo 370z...but I would be buying parts before I get the car...cause a stock one would make me mad...

very mad...
Old 01-30-2011, 02:11 PM
Endgame

^ Just be sure to buy parts that will save a lot of weight! That is the big killer for the Nismo. If you could lighten up its aero kit (carbon fiber), get a ligher exhaust (titanium), two piece rotors, and lighter wheels, that would help a ton!

still would not be lighter than a base + sport with all that stuff, but it would help.

Last edited by Endgame; 01-30-2011 at 02:12 PM.
Old 01-30-2011, 04:09 PM
Shamu

I haven't seen much empirical testing done nor consistent test drivers or conditions in sport verses Nismo.

I also know the Nismo will handle DOT rubber better than softer sprung Sport on the track.

Lots of funny misconceptions about the Nismo on forums based on silly stuff. I'd love to see well optioned base 370 Z with sport package on scales with same size wheels and tires as a Nismo. I suspect difference isn't as much as some think. Especially if you have power seats and premium 8 speaker stereo.

At $36k new off showroom floor my Nismo was great deal. No regrets and no drifting yet!

I do know my stock Nismo dyno'd at 296 HP SAE corrected on dynojet and 246 ft lbs of torque. With simple INJEN INTAKE INSTALL THAT NUMBER JUMPED TO 301 Hp.

Last edited by Shamu; 01-30-2011 at 04:12 PM.
Old 03-04-2011, 09:11 PM
370zforme

Originally Posted by *Boose*
This is why the 2012 Z will have a d.i. V8. hint hint. The base Z will be with the tt vhr. Keep it to yourselves.

The Vette gs surprises me, however VIR is a very fast track with I believe the longest straight on the northeast.
I thought that the Z's were going to be discountinued? Please tell me that i am wrong and just heard a rumor.
Old 03-04-2011, 09:35 PM
Patsfan83

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

some surprising #'s from cars on that list
Old 03-05-2011, 05:16 AM
mydaytonablueZ

Originally Posted by Armitage
Really? I'm pretty sure they are just journalists who are driving enthusiasts. I've seen some of the times they run (14+ in Z's in the 1/4) and its not impressive in the least bit to me. I don't put any stock in those numbers. I'm in agreement with Dave - same day, same driver, same conditions and lets see what they all do.
Originally Posted by DavesZ#3
Unless both cars are run on the same day, same conditions, same driver, I wouldn't put too much stock in those kind of numbers.
Originally Posted by hellsoldiers08
o best motor and all that stupid youtube review people. Honestly each one says a different 0-60 and stuff like that honestly wake up and decide for your self and your own personal info not from what some review and a sh itty driver have done.
By saying "the same/$hi++y driver" or "the same conditions" or whatever, you guys are actually proving the point further that the 370 is a failure and ill tell you why.

In every experiment or test, there has to be a "control", which means there is a consistency in the test that shows differentiation between the different objects in the experiment.

So, in this case, what different things are being tested? The cars. What is the "Control"? The C&D Enthusiast Driver/Writer. (PS - Every Top Gear presenter is an enthusiast and would own you on a race track, especially Clarkson.)

We are enthusiasts, NOT PROFESSIONALS. Heirgo, the results matter more because these are the numbers we could come to expect if we bought these cars.

Sure, if we changed the weather/temperature a little bit or changed the driver, there might be a difference - 1 or 2 seconds here and there. And, what makes you think that those seconds would be distributed to ONLY the Z and not the rest of the cars?

Do you really think these test results would change if those variables were different? -- which any professional, world-wide distributor of car knowledge would try to keep the conditions as consistent as possible to make accurate comparisons. -- I dont.

/rant
Old 03-05-2011, 06:15 AM
jerseystyle
350Z-holic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 370zforme
I thought that the Z's were going to be discountinued? Please tell me that i am wrong and just heard a rumor.
Pretty sure that is just a rumor.

http://www.roadandtrack.com/future-c...a_rid=81171670
Old 03-05-2011, 09:09 AM
KingBaby
Hardest Setting

Received 130 Likes on 102 Posts

Old 03-05-2011, 09:38 AM
Lakeside

Originally Posted by jerseystyle
If this is the next Z!!!! I will be all over this.... She's Zexy.
Old 03-05-2011, 09:50 AM
Zazz93

Originally Posted by Lakeside
If this is the next Z!!!! I will be all over this.... She's Zexy.
This is from a story that Road and Track had refering to this car as a hybrid. No thanks, not really looking for a pretty Prius.

Quick Reply: New Nismo 370Z is an Embarrasment compared to the 350Z