Notices
NISMO 370Z The Limited Edition Best Handling 370Z Ever.

New 2015 NISMO 370Z Preview at Zdayz

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2014, 02:26 PM
Jairen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a feeling I will be disappointed even more when I see the price. I wouldn't be surprised if it surpasses base C7 prices.

Just saying.
Old 05-19-2014, 02:43 PM
SmoothZ
Senior Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 1,906 Likes on 1,354 Posts

There's no way it's going to cost that much. But if so, then I would also be disappointed. I remember thinking the Z32TT was priced too much and killed sales in the US.
Old 05-19-2014, 02:47 PM
Waiz
Premier Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Realistic starting price should be $45k

Not worth it at all to buy it new when it will be half that amount after 4 years.
Old 05-19-2014, 09:22 PM
friscomgm

I like the seats. That is all.
Old 05-20-2014, 02:30 PM
Jairen

So...now that the new Mustang GT starts at 32k...

IMHO, for $50k, the Nismo 370Z should be able to compete with the C7 but we know it won't come close in any category. Hell, that 6.2L V8 gets better gas mileage than the current 370Z.

It should be a value priced alternative against it's competitors just like how the GT-R was against supercars.
Old 05-20-2014, 04:57 PM
Nukiz0r
350Z-holic

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by ZKansasZ
every single time a car manufacture comes out with a newer model, there are ALWAYS whiners of how it doesnt look as good as the current one. Then it all starts with people driving it and "Im loving it" happens.
it never fails...
Then they come out with newer model, here we go with the same circle of crying again...

It's not just nismo or nissan. It happens on every single car forum.
True, the same thing happened with the transition from 350 to 370Z. However after browsing the forums here, other places, and Nismo's facebook page, one thing keeps popping up: it seems most of the people who dislike it, have owned one previously. The ones heaping praise upon the new design haven't. The fact is, this is supposed to be the elite Z; their purpose built race car for people who want a track vehicle. But at its current price point, it is not even remotely competitive to other vehicles with similar or better specs. I think that is what's pissing off the diehard Nismo fans, they aren't giving us anything but a facelift, when the whole point behind the car was about better performance.

Last edited by Nukiz0r; 05-20-2014 at 04:58 PM.
Old 05-20-2014, 04:59 PM
Classy

Received 615 Likes on 349 Posts

The ball being dropped on the 370Z is why alot of us left Nissan cars behind and went for a more competitive car for the price. If the new mustang pumps out 400hp, then maybe the "Nismo" should come close... I think the answer for this car is sitting on Stillen's shelf in the form of their supercharger kit, tune it down, slap it on and poof, a car actually worth it's price...

I would buy a 370Z (non Nismo) and supercharge it or throw the VQ away and put a V8 in is and make it the car Nissan won't.

I completely understand where Nissan may be coming from with the GTR where it is and trying to keep the Z car below to keep it from competing with it. It goes back to the 90's when the 240Z with the SR was not far behind the 300ZXTT. The way I see it, the GTR is due for a horse power upgrade to keep it going with the new C7 Z06 and Porsche 911 Turbo S or whatever is top for them anymore. When this (should) happen, it will leave room to finally upgrade the dated 370Z. I hope...
Old 05-20-2014, 06:51 PM
saywat?

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Fugly. Previous nismo looked way better
Old 05-20-2014, 06:53 PM
Entaille

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

this isn't like the cayman and 911, where the gap is minuscule. the gap between the 370z and the GTR is tremendous! I don't think they are worried about cannibalizing their own sales at all. just lazy engineering trying to milk as much $$ as they can out of the platform without investing more into it. The Z is definitely in a bad position right now though, the merica' alternatives keep improving and the Z has been sitting stagnate for so long now..
Old 05-21-2014, 12:04 AM
Whiteazn2

Ugly... previous Nismo is better.
Old 05-21-2014, 12:14 AM
350Zdj

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Riced from factory. Nice interior though.
Old 05-21-2014, 03:20 AM
BornSlippyZ

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Entaille
this isn't like the cayman and 911, where the gap is minuscule. the gap between the 370z and the GTR is tremendous! I don't think they are worried about cannibalizing their own sales at all. just lazy engineering trying to milk as much $$ as they can out of the platform without investing more into it. The Z is definitely in a bad position right now though, the merica' alternatives keep improving and the Z has been sitting stagnate for so long now..
This is pretty much sums it up! Seems Nissan still thinks it is 2003 when the 350Z was actually pretty competitive against other cars of the same class.
Old 05-22-2014, 07:55 PM
Frostydc4

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

I want the seats
Old 05-24-2014, 10:22 AM
Ser_Z

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Frostydc4
I want the seats
I wounder if it will will be possible to order these from Recaro they seem like the Recaro Sportster CS seats
Old 05-24-2014, 10:41 AM
Z1NONLY

Received 95 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by Classy
The ball being dropped on the 370Z is why alot of us left Nissan cars behind and went for a more competitive car for the price. If the new mustang pumps out 400hp, then maybe the "Nismo" should come close... I think the answer for this car is sitting on Stillen's shelf in the form of their supercharger kit, tune it down, slap it on and poof, a car actually worth it's price...
HP is just a means to an end. Nissan may need to produce HP numbers for marketing purposes, but the 370Z NISMO driving experience, from behind the wheel, is not lacking any power. (At least not through 2014)

None of the V-8 Mustangs I have driven were lacking power either, but they couldn't dance like the NISMO.
Old 05-24-2014, 01:05 PM
Nukiz0r
350Z-holic

Originally Posted by Z1NONLY
HP is just a means to an end. Nissan may need to produce HP numbers for marketing purposes, but the 370Z NISMO driving experience, from behind the wheel, is not lacking any power. (At least not through 2014)

None of the V-8 Mustangs I have driven were lacking power either, but they couldn't dance like the NISMO.
I'm not buying it. I'm on my third Z car, if you include all generations, and the fact that my '10 can hang with a '15 without any modifications really says something about the stagnation of the product. The V8 mustangs aren't the only competition in its class either. This is just lazy engineering, for a vehicle that quite possibly will be doomed once the IDX comes out.
You've been here just as long as I have, you know that Nissan has a bad habit of not reading the market and keeping current.

Last edited by Nukiz0r; 05-24-2014 at 11:47 PM.
Old 05-24-2014, 01:07 PM
dcains

Received 435 Likes on 342 Posts

The more I look at this car, the less I like it. Looks like a bunch of crap just tacked on, which I'm sure they'll be way overcharging for. Love the interior, though, except that AT stick makes me think they're seeking out poseur owners more than real enthusiasts. Like when BMW started sellig 4-door M3's with AT's years ago. As an early E30 M3 owner, it really made me wonder the direction the company was taking, and I hope Nissan doesn't go down the same path.
Old 05-24-2014, 02:07 PM
Z1NONLY

Received 95 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by Nukiz0r
I'm not buying. I'm on my third Z car, if you include all generations, and the fact that my '12 can hang with a '15 without any modifications really says something about the stagnation of the product. The V8 mustangs aren't the only competition in its class either. This is just lazy engineering, for a vehicle that quite possibly will be doomed once the IDX comes out.
You've been here just as long as I have, you know that Nissan has a bad habit of not reading the market and keeping current.
You are making my point. You are saying that a 350HP vehicle will be "doomed" by a 200HP vehicle. (At least that's the estimates I read)

HP may be the primary thing that get's you down a 1/4 mile track, but once you start using the steering wheel for other kinds of driving, HP is just a piece of the equation.

I'll take all the HP I can get as long as it's delivered smoothly and doesn't ruin the vehicle dynamics with a lot of extra weight over the front axle.
Old 05-24-2014, 02:55 PM
0jiggy0

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

For the people wondering about the non-power upgrade, I think Nissan made a statement recently where Nismo will now mean "looks ricer" and then RS will mean same looks and more power. Like the new Juke RS which has more power then the "normal Nismo" I dont see the point honestly.
Old 05-24-2014, 11:43 PM
Nukiz0r
350Z-holic

Originally Posted by Z1NONLY
You are making my point. You are saying that a 350HP vehicle will be "doomed" by a 200HP vehicle. (At least that's the estimates I read)

HP may be the primary thing that get's you down a 1/4 mile track, but once you start using the steering wheel for other kinds of driving, HP is just a piece of the equation.

I'll take all the HP I can get as long as it's delivered smoothly and doesn't ruin the vehicle dynamics with a lot of extra weight over the front axle.

Yes I am saying it is quite possibly doomed (my exact previous words) simply because its appeal is waning, while the hype machine for the IDX continues to gain momentum. However, given Nismo/Nissan's track record, the IDX probably will be just like the Z in that it's not the most tuner friendly vehicle. The Nismo is simply not the runaway performer of its class that it used to be when the 350Z Nismo was released. The gap is closing, and the cars that are closing that gap are finding ways to come in at a lower price point, or better gas mileage, or going the other direction in price, approaching GT-R specs for a relatively small jump. (10-12k more for a Stingray).
Nismo had a chance to make something fresh that truly envisioned the Track car that it claims to be, and they didn't. I love my Nismo, but the fact that performance wise, they've done practically nothing to set it apart from my 2010 tells me they aren't really even trying to make the Nismo's the "stand apart" Z it once was, and they aren't trying to keep their competitive curve either. At it's price point this new one seems like it's trying to ape luxury class speedsters (with the new interior) rather than being the no nonsense purpose built track vehicle it was once touted to be. They've lost sight of the original market the Nismo was once made for, but hey, now you can get an awesome touchscreen gps/stereo system while you're driving the Tail of the Dragon. At least the seats look nice and purposeful.

Like I said, I love my Nismo, and I'm a diehard fan, but I'm a realist too. While I'm insulted at what Nismo presented to us here, I'm also worried this strategy is not a winning one for anyone, especially those of us who love them so much and crave a Z that's special for more than the numbered plaque inside.

Last edited by Nukiz0r; 05-24-2014 at 11:54 PM.

Quick Reply: New 2015 NISMO 370Z Preview at Zdayz